Greg Robinson could be tried at guard for the Cardinals game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He belongs there.

Here's to hoping the new coach can get Battle up to speed. It would be nice to be able to fix our other holes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And Gurley will have over 100 yds
giphy.gif

jap

Legend
I remember Greg Robinson greatly impressed former NFL/'9er strongman DT, Justin Smith, with his strength in his rookie season. Justin was considered one of the NFL's strongest players, and he was shocked to discover Greg was even stronger.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
66669929.jpg

How long will it take for this #2 overall pick to learn how to play a new position? I'm not concerned at all about physical capabilities here...

Are the Jets in need of another tackle?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Greg Robinson is not a bust.
The coaching staff is a bust.
No good craftsmen blames his tools but it seems like Fisher and whomever has taken over keeps blaming GRob for their inability to develop offensive linemen. Rob Havenstein looks like crap this year but looked like a future All Pro his rookie year - what gives?
Greg Robinson looked great in Auburn. We were all drooling for that power blocking road grater
Then we switch to some wizardry and go zone and power blocking and nobody knows what the fuck is going on
None of our players were able to overcome the complete shittness of our offensive schemes. Not even the defense who finally realized no matter how well they do, keeping a team to under 14 points, that their offense would never come close to scoring enough to win.
Greg Robinson has talent. Someone else is gonna make him look All Pro, you watch
Anyway.
Moving him to guard is stupid

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I remember Greg Robinson greatly impressed former NFL/'9er strongman DT, Justin Smith, with his strength in his rookie season. Justin was considered one of the NFL's strongest players, and he was shocked to discover Greg was even stronger.

He needs to be good at something it sure isn't playing Left Tackle.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I still think the oline as a whole is WIP. The whole offensive scheme Boras/Fisher implemented is a joke, and Boudreau is just living under his name at this point. We'll see how the new coaching staff views our current roster; I believe there's good talent here, they just had a middle school coaching staff on offense

Ellard80

Legend
Greg Robinson is not a bust.
The coaching staff is a bust.
No good craftsmen blames his tools but it seems like Fisher and whomever has taken over keeps blaming GRob for their inability to develop offensive linemen. Rob Havenstein looks like crap this year but looked like a future All Pro his rookie year - what gives?
Greg Robinson looked great in Auburn. We were all drooling for that power blocking road grater
Then we switch to some wizardry and go zone and power blocking and nobody knows what the freak is going on
None of our players were able to overcome the complete shittness of our offensive schemes. Not even the defense who finally realized no matter how well they do, keeping a team to under 14 points, that their offense would never come close to scoring enough to win.
Greg Robinson has talent. Someone else is gonna make him look All Pro, you watch
Anyway.
Moving him to guard is stupid

Ehh maybe...

When a dude fakes you to the left then darts right and you don't even get a hand on him... I'm not sure that's coaching.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Ehh maybe...

When a dude fakes you to the left then darts right and you don't even get a hand on him... I'm not sure that's coaching.

Everyone knew what we had ehen we drafted him - here is the basic CBS scouting report - clearly he is right where he started. That's on coaching and olayer development. i.e. brian quit

ANALYSIS
Strengths
Has long arms and excellent overall body mass. Outstanding run blocker with the strength and power to wash down half of the line. Creates a surge and generates power from his lower body. Good get-off and body control. Excellent reach-blocking, chipping and releasing to the second level. Very good balance in his set and is quick to cut off the rush. Can maneuver his hips, shuffle, slide and mirror. Has a strong punch and replaces his hands. Very athletic in vertical sets.

Weaknesses
Could stand to refine his technique in pass protection and do a better job finishing blocks. At times will quit after contact and let defenders come underneath or get over the top -- handwork is too passive. Developing eyes and awareness vs. the blitz -- still learning how to adjust to overload pressure and could improve switching off blocks. Aggressively overextends and occasionally loses balance and falls off blocks.

Draft Projection
Round 1 (top 10)

Bottom Line
Big, strong, athletic, overpowering left tackle with the raw potential to become a premiere, franchise left tackle. Is only a third-year sophomore and two-year starter and still must improve his hand use, footwork and technique. However, he is undeniably gifted and capable of walking into a starting-left-tackle job in the pros and paving the way in the run game

tempests

Hall of Fame
I'd say that's where he is in 2017. He's had his chance at making LT his and he hasn't taken it.

Maybe something clicks playing for someone else next year. All I can say is this coaching staff won't be around much longer to be used as a scapegoat for every problem on God's green earth.

Ellard80

Legend
Everyone knew what we had ehen we drafted him - here is the basic CBS scouting report - clearly he is right where he started. That's on coaching and olayer development. i.e. brian quit

ANALYSIS
Strengths
Has long arms and excellent overall body mass. Outstanding run blocker with the strength and power to wash down half of the line. Creates a surge and generates power from his lower body. Good get-off and body control. Excellent reach-blocking, chipping and releasing to the second level. Very good balance in his set and is quick to cut off the rush. Can maneuver his hips, shuffle, slide and mirror. Has a strong punch and replaces his hands. Very athletic in vertical sets.

Weaknesses
Could stand to refine his technique in pass protection and do a better job finishing blocks. At times will quit after contact and let defenders come underneath or get over the top -- handwork is too passive. Developing eyes and awareness vs. the blitz -- still learning how to adjust to overload pressure and could improve switching off blocks. Aggressively overextends and occasionally loses balance and falls off blocks.

Draft Projection
Round 1 (top 10)

Bottom Line
Big, strong, athletic, overpowering left tackle with the raw potential to become a premiere, franchise left tackle. Is only a third-year sophomore and two-year starter and still must improve his hand use, footwork and technique. However, he is undeniably gifted and capable of walking into a starting-left-tackle job in the pros and paving the way in the run game

I just don't see him as a left tackle. We don't want to destroy Goff.