Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Greg Reid First To Arrive At Rams Volunteer Workouts
BY BLAINE GRISAK

http://ramblinfan.com/2014/04/25/greg-reid-first-arrive-rams-volunteer-workouts/

Just under a month after signing his three year deal with the St. Louis Rams, Greg Reid arrived to the team’s voluntary workouts earlier than most.

Anxious to get to work, Reid flew to St. Louis a few days prior to the official start of the organized team activities (OTAs) to participate in some offseason, voluntary workouts with his new teammates.

Initial news of Reid’s signing was greeted with much praise from Rams’ general manager Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher. Reid is humbled by all the support he has received from his Florida State fans as well as the new fans waiting in St. Louis.

Despite two ACL surgeries, the Valdosta, GA, native isn’t going to let anything hold him back in his upcoming NFL season.

“I give all my thanks to God after going through so much and finally getting the chance to live my dream,” said Reid. “It means the world to me to actually play with some of the best athletes in the world. I’m ready to put on the cleats and strap on the helmet.”

Reid is an NFL star years in the making, with his draft potential foreseeable as early as his freshman year, where he yielded 23 tackles and an average of 18.4-yard punt returns, leading the Football Bowl Subdivision. The 23-year-old was also a star of the 2010 Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and recorded 97 tackles in his sophomore and junior years.

Reid’s agent, WCM vice president Derek Spearman is thrilled that his client has overcome obstacles to be where he is today.

“Greg’s excellent pro day really sealed the deal for his signing. The Rams were very interested in him immediately after that day,” said Spearman. “He’s excited to be part of such a great organization, and I’ve already received a lot of positive feedback from the team about the off-season workouts Greg’s participating in.”

It looks like Reid has put his early troubles with the team behind him and is anxious to begin this new chapter with the St. Louis Rams organization.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Nice! This guy and Barrett Jones could be two surprise contribitors this year if they can translate their college success to the pros. Reid was an absolute terror on the field for FSU. He sounds "humbled" by his 2nd chance, and I hope he has moved on from his troubled past. He definately has the skill, but the 2 ACL surgeries worry me a little..

lockdnram21

Legend
Nice! This guy and Barrett Jones could be two surprise contribitors this year if they can translate their college success to the pros. Reid was an absolute terror on the field for FSU. He sounds "humbled" by his 2nd chance, and I hope he has moved on from his troubled past. He definately has the skill, but the 2 ACL surgeries worry me a little..

i dont know about barrett jones he seems soft

Alan

Legend
Missing a date with your parole officer is not a small thing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a court date.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ada boy...

Get to work, young man, we need. Oh! And stay away from Janoris. Don't let him fool with those funny looking cigarettes.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Missing a date with your parole officer is not a small thing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a court date.

Its a pretty small thing. Probation officers are infamous for jerking probationers around. You will have a 2PM appointment, will sit there waiting until 3:30 only to find out that they need to reschedule it for tomorrow. "Oh, you have to work tomorrow? Not anymore. Too bad, so sad, be here at 2PM."

I say it all the time, I would much rather do a week in jail than spend a year on probation.

Alan

Legend
12intheBox forgetting who you brought to the party:
Its a pretty small thing. Probation officers are infamous for jerking probationers around. You will have a 2PM appointment, will sit there waiting until 3:30 only to find out that they need to reschedule it for tomorrow. "Oh, you have to work tomorrow? Not anymore. Too bad, so sad, be here at 2PM."

I say it all the time, I would much rather do a week in jail than spend a year on probation.
Regardless, you don't get a parole officer because you're too cute or I'd have one. I'm having a hard time building up much sympathy for him.

SierraRam

Recreational User
i dont know about barrett jones he seems soft

I know - it's disappointing. I thought we got a steal in the 4th, but who know? They sure do keep quiet regarding him. I'm hoping they're laying low about our starting LG and future Center... Reid on the other hand will be on the field if his knees hold up. ST & Secondary depth at least

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Regardless, you don't get a parole officer because you're too cute or I'd have one. I'm having a hard time building up much sympathy for him.

Its a probation officer, not a parole officer - and in this case he got one for smoking weed. Get out the torches and pitchforks!

Alan

Legend
12intheBox with a correction:
Its a probation officer, not a parole officer - and in this case he got one for smoking weed. Get out the torches and pitchforks!
I stand corrected then. Now all he's guilty of is being stupid enough to not show up for his appointment with someone who can put him in jail.

I'm still having trouble dredging up any sympathy but I've put down my pitchfork and snuffed out my torch.
Chapter-2-021-unlit-torch.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I was afraid this would read "Reid the first to show up at Rams volunteer workouts....unfortunately he was being pursued by 3 police cars."
I hope he keeps his s together.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Gotta pull for the local kid. Here's hoping he truly has realized how fortunate he is to have this chance in the NFL and keeps his act together.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Jenkins pulled it together. Maybe it isn't a stretch to believe Reid can too.