Greg Hardy found guilty of assaulting girlfriend

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I didn't see anyone else post this. From PFT:

Greg Hardy didn’t get a contract today, but he did get a conviction.

According Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, Hardy was found guilty on both counts of assault on a female and communicating threats.

Judge Becky Thorne Tin sided with the testimony provided by Hardy’s accuser during the 10-hour trial, even though Nicole Holder admitted cocaine use the night of the incident.

He was given a 60-day suspended sentence, and 18 months of probation. He’ll appeal to get to a jury trial.

The Panthers defensive end will be subject to punishment from the league under the personal conduct policy.

The Panthers used the franchise tag on him, and are hooked to his $13.1 million salary. But they obviously weren’t working on a long-term extension prior to today’s deadline, since agent Drew Rosenhaus sat with Hardy throughout the day’s proceedings.

It will be interesting to see what Goodell does as far as a suspension goes. The guy did assault his girlfriend.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I dont get it why so many athletes resort to beating up their girlfriends. You're rich. If she's a b****, leave and go get another one. Haha

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I dont get it why so many athletes resort to beating up their girlfriends. You're rich. If she's a b****, leave and go get another one. Haha
Inter playing this with some things I've read and heard about the OJ trial ,a high paid athlete narrows his attentions on one girl often he does things ,like pays for a boob job,gives them expensive gifts they could never afford elevates their lifestyle to one they couldn't achieve without the player, a perverse sense of ownership develops and in point of fact the sense can go two ways, emotions are never logical.

He comes home after a night of whoreing around she asserts her rights of ownership lays hands maybe starts slapping a drunk behemoth around ,one defensive move on his part could leave her needing thousands in dental work.

I once left a school play with a woman who became irate during an argument at highway speed she grabbed the wheel of the car and screamed let me out ,it was a bad neighborhood so I told here I'd let her out at the gas station two blocks away where she could safely wait for a ride,OBTW before grabbing the wheel she'd smacked me with a stack of programs from the play and both her fists blind side,my jaw hurt for a week.
Anyway I tore her hand off the wheel and as she reached for it again I backhand blocked her arm down so she missed the wheel. It left a bruise eight inches long and 4 inches wide,now mind you I was only about 210 lbs and she was circa 150.
The disparity in size was not as dramatic as between a guy Hardy's size and a smallish NFL girlfriend type,so I can easily see how he could lose a case where all he did was swat a bee away.

Then there are "girlfriends" who intentionally get pregnant to trap an athlete and the rest of the above type scenarios play out,I had a pregnant woman choke me once and I side stepped to let her slip off and by me ,she fell down and tried to make out that I'd pushed her,I hadn't.

I'd need to see the body of evidence or know Hardy has a track record of this sort of stuff before I believe he wasn't POSSIBLY caught in a case of justice NOT BEING BLIND and being prejudicial. The Judge IS a woman and there is this

"He was given a 60-day suspended sentence, and 18 months of probation. He’ll appeal to get to a jury trial"

Last edited:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Inter playing this with some things I've read and heard about the OJ trial ,a high paid athlete narrows his attentions on one girl often he does things ,like pays for a boob job,gives them expensive gifts they could never afford elevates their lifestyle to one they couldn't achieve without the player, a perverse sense of ownership develops and in point of fact the sense can go two ways, emotions are never logical.

He comes home after a night of whoreing around she asserts her rights of ownership lays hands maybe starts slapping a drunk behemoth around ,one defensive move on his part could leave her needing thousands in dental work.

I once left a school play with a woman who became irate during an argument at highway speed she grabbed the wheel of the car and screamed let me out ,it was a bad neighborhood so I told here I'd let her out at the gas station two blocks away where she could safely wait for a ride,OBTW before grabbing the wheel she'd smacked me with a stack of programs from the play and both her fists blind side,my jaw hurt for a week.
Anyway I tore her hand off the wheel and as she reached for it again I backhand blocked her arm down so she missed the wheel. It left a bruise eight inches long and 4 inches wide,now mind you I was only about 210 lbs and she was circa 150.
The disparity in size was not as dramatic as between a guy Hardy's size and a smallish NFL girlfriend type,so I can easily see how he could lose a case where all he did was swat a bee away.

Then there are "girlfriends" who intentionally get pregnant to trap an athlete and the rest of the above type scenarios play out,I had a pregnant woman choke me once and I side stepped to let her slip off and by me ,she fell down and tried to make out that I'd pushed her,I hadn't.

I'd need to see the body of evidence or know Hardy has a track record of this sort of stuff before I believe he wasn't POSSIBLY caught in a case of justice NOT BEING BLIND and being prejudicial. The Judge IS a woman and there is this

"He was given a 60-day suspended sentence, and 18 months of probation. He’ll appeal to get to a jury trial"

There's a difference between hitting a girls arm to effectively save both your lives from a car crash, to knocking your gf out in a lift, I know that was rice not hardy but still violence towards a female.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There's a difference between hitting a girls arm to effectively save both your lives from a car crash, to knocking your gf out in a lift, I know that was rice not hardy but still violence towards a female.
And I know the difference well, but like I said I need more of the story on that Hardy story, Rice, I don't know what happened in that elevator, but under unarmed circumstance non violent control of an OOC woman is easy enough i can't see the KO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't think this happens at a greater rate among athletes versus the general public.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Emotional intelligence; I don't think it is an athlete thing...i think it is a mom-and-dad-raising thing.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I hate reading of players getting into trouble like this, I doubt its a higher percentage than Joe Bloggs on the street though. It's just the news my wife keeps seeing online what with Rice & Hernandez she just thinks the players are thugs...

I'm just really pleased and proud of the Rams this offseason, I've not heard any of our guys getting into this sort of trouble, I think the players and FO should be pleased with themselves - it's what I want out of my team, kids look up to these guys...

So well done Rams (y)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just really pleased and proud of the Rams this offseason, I've not heard any of our guys getting into this sort of trouble, I think the players and FO should be pleased with themselves - it's what I want out of my team, kids look up to these guys...

So well done Rams (y)
81267117.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate reading of players getting into trouble like this, I doubt its a higher percentage than Joe Bloggs on the street though. It's just the news my wife keeps seeing online what with Rice & Hernandez she just thinks the players are thugs...

So well done Rams (y)
You just had to jinx us didn't you?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/20/rams-linebacker-arrested-in-south-beach/