Greg Cosell said he would pick Mettenberger over Winston.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Zach Mettenberger - QB - Titans
NFL Films guru Greg Cosell said Wednesday that he'd pick Zach Mettenberger over Florida State QB Jameis Winston.

Cosell said last week that he also prefers Winston over Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, so it's safe to say Mettenberger would be Cosell's top QB if he were in this class. "Mettenberger and Winston are very, very similar in style of play," Cosell said. "I’d argue Mettenberger is more advanced as an anticipatory thrower and has a little bit better arm." Mettenberger (6'5/224) and Winston (6'4/231) are about the same size and both are pocket passers with limited movement skills. They also both ran pro-style offenses in college. The Titans will face the decision to have either Mettenberger and, let's say, USC DL Leonard Williams or Mariota or Winston. Maybe the Titans actually do hold Mettenberger in high regard.
Related: Jameis Winston

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter
Apr 15 - 3:08 PM

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Usually respect Cosell...but I can admit that Winston is head, shoulders, torso, legs, and feet above Mettenberger - and I can't stand Winston.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno. You can't ignore the stunningly bad interceptions he threw this year without Kelvin Benjamin.

In the Pros, as Mayock pointed out, you generally don't come back from that.

Ball security is critical.

Very few QBs have been able to do that...like Favre. Everyone else just screws their team. And even Farve screwed his team with those INTs plenty of times. That 6 INT game against the Rams comes to mind (Go Aeneas!)

So it wouldn't surprise me if teams ding Winston for those INTs far more than the media has.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I dunno. You can't ignore the stunningly bad interceptions he threw this year without Kelvin Benjamin.

In the Pros, as Mayock pointed out, you generally don't come back from that.

Ball security is critical.

Very few QBs have been able to do that...like Favre. Everyone else just screws their team. And even Farve screwed his team with those INTs plenty of times. That 6 INT game against the Rams comes to mind (Go Aeneas!)

So it wouldn't surprise me if teams ding Winston for those INTs far more than the media has.

I can agree with that. He's still better than Mettenberger either way.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Don't think that's what Cosell said, twitter guy is conflating Cosell comparing Mettenburger and Winston with saying Cosell would take Mettenburger over Winston. '

Hope the guys not a reporter because that level of misrepresentation should be criminal.