Greg Cosell on the Rams' players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whoa.

"Zac Stacy is a more *elusive* runner than Chris Johnson."
Not a knock on C.J., in as much as it's a complement to Stacy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I fast forwarded to 10:00... Good listen.

Cosell likes Quick. He likes Austin. He takes a stab at how they (Schotty) is using both.

Strongly likes Stacy, as X points out.

JL: "Solid MLB".

C. Long: "Very good player".

Ogletree: "I like him. A chance to be a very good player".

"Rams are not a bad football team. Players here to build upon".

On Chris Johnson; "CJ doesn't get more than his block".

"Rams get a mulligan because they've lost Bradford".

F. Mulder

Starter
Hard to argue with what he said:

Quinn is a freak rushing the passer. Still needs to at least hold the point on the run and not always go upfield on his rush. Reminds me a lot of L Little early on. Eventually LL became better setting the edge and playing the run and offering inside moves.

Quick is an enigma. Sometimes he looks like T Owens and other times he loos like Poindexter Owens. I'm hoping he makes the next step and doesn't turn out like a D**k tease.

JL IS a solid MLB. To me he isn't elite nor worth the salary but I guess solid is a good thing.

Stacy is the real deal. I'll take 4-8 yard gashes all day long vs one long run and a bunch of stops at the LOS.

Cook has been disappointing in that he has questionable hands, can't block, and seems to shy away from contested balls at times. WHEN he is on he is a top flight TE. Right now he is like a lot of Rams, inconsistent.

Bradford is the question IMO. I like him a lot and think he can become a top-tier QB. I thought he was starting to make the necessary steps before his injury. It's a shame we couldn't see it play out this year. What I would do is look for a friendly 3-4 year extension and draft a QB by round 3/4. Right now there is nobody if he gets hurt or struggles. It is much easier to rally a team behind either a young QB with talent when your starter is hurt or struggling vs. trying to get up for an average QB who has no future IMO.

iced

Whoa.

"Zac Stacy is a more *elusive* runner than Chris Johnson."
Not a knock on C.J., in as much as it's a complement to Stacy.

Black guys in horror movies are more elusive than Chris Johnson

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Hard to argue with what he said:

Quinn is a freak rushing the passer. Still needs to at least hold the point on the run and not always go upfield on his rush. Reminds me a lot of L Little early on. Eventually LL became better setting the edge and playing the run and offering inside moves.

Quick is an enigma. Sometimes he looks like T Owens and other times he loos like Poindexter Owens. I'm hoping he makes the next step and doesn't turn out like a D**k tease.

JL IS a solid MLB. To me he isn't elite nor worth the salary but I guess solid is a good thing.

Stacy is the real deal. I'll take 4-8 yard gashes all day long vs one long run and a bunch of stops at the LOS.

Cook has been disappointing in that he has questionable hands, can't block, and seems to shy away from contested balls at times. WHEN he is on he is a top flight TE. Right now he is like a lot of Rams, inconsistent.

Bradford is the question IMO. I like him a lot and think he can become a top-tier QB. I thought he was starting to make the necessary steps before his injury. It's a shame we couldn't see it play out this year. What I would do is look for a friendly 3-4 year extension and draft a QB by round 3/4. Right now there is nobody if he gets hurt or struggles. It is much easier to rally a team behind either a young QB with talent when your starter is hurt or struggling vs. trying to get up for an average QB who has no future IMO.

Quinn has been a beast against the run this year. Really, I'm stunned that anyone would think otherwise? If you have DVR'd the games I would urge you to have another look