Greg Cosell on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04092012113458.mp3[/rp3]

Notes:

Blackmon is not the top receiver?
I've watched a lot of snaps of Blackmon & Floyd, and I think at the end of the day I think I like Floyd more. I compare him to Bowe. I think they move a little better than their size might suggest. You can argue Bowe is a #1 receiver in this league, and I think Floyd fits into that category.

D-linemen are heavy in this draft. What's your thoughts on Fletcher Cox & Dontario Poe.
Cox is probably my favorite DT in this draft. He can play a lot of positions, and definitely a 3-tech in a 4-3. Mississippi State lined him up at times at DE in some of their sub-packages, and if you didn't know who he was, you'd say "this guy rushes the QB pretty good from the edge." Poe is the classic example of a guy who has ALL of the physical and athletic attributes you look for, but if you look at film, he doesn't make a lot of individual plays. Where do you go with that? I can't answer that. I'm not in draft rooms. I don't put a lot of stock in .40 times for DT's.
(Softli compares him to Jenkins when he was in Carolina)

Who do you THINK will be there for the Rams at #6, and who would you draft at #6?
Can't tell you who's going to be there. That's hard to determine. I think Trent Richardson is the best player in this draft. With all the talk you hear of RBs being devalued, I don't know what that means. He's just the best player in this draft. Rams have a lot of receiver needs. If Floyd worth #6? I don't know - what's the worth of a #1 receiver. Bowe went at 24. Would you draft him earlier if you knew then what you know now?

What is viewed as a premium position? Where do you put a wide receiver in that mix with LTs and QBs? Look at Wes Welker - undrafted. Marques Colston - 7th round. Very good receivers in those schemes. So what becomes the value of a receiver? Do you leave the Floyds and Blackmons alone because they don't measure up to the Andre Johnsons and Calvin Johnsons of this league?

Is there anything more that can be said about Bountygate?
I'm not surprised by the appeals decision. I think the Commissioner did a great job, and I'm not being sarcastic, but that's not an issue I can address. You know, he signs my checks too (laughing).