Greg Cosell Breaks Down the O-Lineman for the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gregory CAN PLAY....I don't know what you're looking at or what his weed habit has to do with his actual play...The dude has power & speed. To go with an uncanny ability to pursue the QB...You put him on ANY TEAM, on passing downs, he'll cause problems....Scherff is not physical enough in my eyes...he's always trying to hit 2nd level players hard, but DE's & OLB's he has all kinds of trouble, dudes always get into his body...in pass protection...I don't see the whole hype on him...Clemmings has excellent game tape. You have to watch him closely to discover how raw he really is. His hands and feet are the best in college. I only became discouraged in this guy after senior bowl week....the game was a wash, couldn't tell.. But the practices he looked like sh!t....I compared him to Marpet & Donovan Smith who looked liked they belonged...and I wouldn't risk a 1st round pick on a guy that plays like that in practice. Flowers is the most physical guy on the line in this draft at tackle...He has played against the best competition out of the highly rated OT's...He'll be moving to RT....he's 20 years old...He benched 225 lbs 37 times (yeah, that um like, matters)...he weighs 330+...he moves well...all these factors point to a player that can be developed into an all-pro type. And ex-TE's, ex-QB O-Linemen scare me...I don't wanna hear about the success stories, all I remember is Jason Smith...
Hundley is a 2nd round talent...easy...He'll be better than Foles by week 4...He'd be a starter week one with ALL the reps in preseason. With our line we need a QB with mobility..You have strong opinions, and I like that..Passion as Dez Bryant would say...check out some of these O-Linemen in games where they are having trouble...Look at the 1st quarter then shoot to the fourth quarter...you'll see who wants it, and who doesn't....

Dude, have you seriously watched Gregory? He's 230 lbs. soaking wet. He looks like a human cornstalk. And if Ereck Flowers (who is worse in pass-protection right now as Jason Smith was at right tackle; you remember him right?) could handle Gregory without any problems, then what do you think that Okung, Veldheer, and Staley are going to do to him six games a year? He admitted that his practice habits were shit, he admitted that he quit in games, he admitted that he was lazy, he admitted that he smoked weed at his fucking job interview (the Combine). I don't care how talented he thinks he is; he's going to bust so badly that it's not even funny. He's too skinny and weak to be a defensive end, he's too slow and doesn't diagnose plays fast enough to be an outside linebacker. He's an athlete playing football, like Gholston was, and he is going to get so badly exposed at the next level.

Hundley? A starter? You're joking, right? He's one of the worst quarterbacks I've seen as far as throwing the ball. Happy feet, no pocket awareness, no accuracy, you can't fix these things at the NFL level. He's not even backup material right now, and I'm sticking to that. There is not a single quarterback in this class who will be a starter in the NFL three years from now other than Mariota and Winston.

And how can you think that Clemmings is raw as hell and Flowers isn't? I wouldn't touch Flowers at tackle, just like I wouldn't touch Scherff at tackle. Flowers is going to end some quarterback's career. I'm dead serious.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
he admitted that he smoked weed at his freaking job interview
I think he said, and I'm pretty sure of this, he stopped in December or November, and it was still in his system around combine time...which can happen....

As far as Gregory, yeah he's a lil skinny, but he was still a problem....

Hundley could turn out to be the BEST QB in a weak QB class....And of course Flowers is raw, but he is better than Clemmings now, and probably ever will be in run blocking. And I'd like to see him at pass-pro after some serious coaching...you can't teach physicality...you either are or you're not.