'Greenie' dissed the Rams 2 shutouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd like to see a few more O-linemen, Long and Wells are done and Joseph needs to be replaced asap.
Yeah I would too, what I meant was ,IF we had Sam , I don't see anyone except Green Bay that could keep this team from getting there

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some hero, I think he had 1 sack his entire career:confused:
11 1/2.

When I say "hero", I don't mean that he's a HOF'er, but merely the guy who takes the stance against Greenie in favor of football players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they're both blowhards.

sometimes i watch the show when i go to bed to go to sleep. and then they start talking about something and i wonder to myself how they can talk for so long about a subject without really saying much.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Who's this "Greenie"?

Here I thought Kevin Greene dissed our shutouts and I jumped in to find out why he has having Frontiere Flashbacks!

Come to find out some radio mic jockey is flapping is pie hole?

Aaaaaaaaaaallllllllrrrrriiiighty then.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Here's a tissue for some in this thread:

oprah-tears-tissue.gif

I, for one, am just happy to hear our football team being talked about on a Tuesday morning on national radio.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My favorite guys on ESPN Radio are SVP and Russillo. Love their humor.

Yup they are pretty good and I can see you liking their sense of humor.

I like Marcellus Wiley a lot too, he's always a good listen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd like to see a few more O-linemen, Long and Wells are done and Joseph needs to be replaced asap.

Joseph is fine as a back up/rotational guy. He can stay, but I agree the other two gotta go.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We must not kid ourselves...The two game shut out is only being mentioned because ESPN darling Washington Redskin dumpster fire was involved...If the 2nd shut out was against Carolina or Buffalo, it may not have even been mentioned on Mike and mike, unless in passing....Looking for validation through National Sport entities, will never satisfy..Eff em.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Seriously guys, some here need to have thicker skin. It's just info-tainment. As mentioned, it wouldn't be a discussion if they agreed. The wonderful comment about how hard it is had to be set up by a detracting remark.

My favorite ESPN shows are probably PTI and that one (don't know the name) where the guy is sitting at the kitchen table with his Cuban dad. The old man knows his sports and is pretty funny. I get a kick out of them... (Si o No?)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
That's Greenberg's shtick, I think. He feigns being stupid about stuff, but I think he's pretty smart about these things. It's to generate a discussion and make him look like a moron at the same time. Sort of a self-effacing way for him to be the sports nerd and Golic to be the sports hero.
This, ESPN is all about characters. I realized this after watching the Colin Cowherd on SportsNation then the Cowherd on his own show, it's like night and day. The smart, educated albeit a little disagreeable Cowherd on his radio show is nothing like the annoying, gimmicky, always bandwagoning good teams and patting Tom Brady on the ass Cowherd who played off Beadle's casual, yet lovable sports goob character.

It's all about generating views, which is why they have guys that play off each other or generate friction with each other. S'why SAS and Bayless are still together even though that has the potential to result in somebody's murder.

PaRam24

UDFA
I'm on the road a lot during the day for work, so I get a chance to listen to all of these guys ona regular basis. SVP and Rusilo are easily my favorites, great insight, usually a good debate or two, while keeping the show light and humorous. Colin has some good info, tends to be an out of the box thinker, and as said before, has no problem patting himself on the back, but will also admit when he is wrong. As for M&M, they work on my nerves at times with there bickering, and the show seems to be much more repeatative than the others.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Mike & Mike are nothing but sellouts to the "four-letter" network. They are more worried about reading sponsor ads versus discussing anything worth while. I love listening to Mad Dog Radio in the morning. At least they discuss sports and take calls. Mike & Mike are nothing more than puppets. One word describes them... IRITATING!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
fair enough - it's their schtick

but it would have been cooler if Greenberg had asked whether or not the two shutouts were the greatest back to back games played by any team in NFL history - instead of asking whether or not it had any significance

Greenie could still be playing the role of nerd in that circumstance

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
My favorite ESPN shows are probably PTI and that one (don't know the name) where the guy is sitting at the kitchen table with his Cuban dad. The old man knows his sports and is pretty funny. I get a kick out of them... (Si o No?)

That's Dan LeBatard. The tv show is OK, but his radio show, which runs on ESPN radio on SiruisXM, is really funny all of the time. Those guys really know not to take themselves so seriously.

Walter

Rookie
Every item I tune in they are discussing the Jets. I don't blame him, its his show and I understand the whole east coast market. Just not that interesting to me personally with the quick segments and teasers.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
11 1/2.

When I say "hero", I don't mean that he's a HOF'er, but merely the guy who takes the stance against Greenie in favor of football players.

Sent ya to the records archives did I?:p

Maybe in my memory it was 1 per year . Anyway certainly no Aaron Donald ,btw dont know if he has the record for a rookie DT yet but if he got one Sunday AD would be at 7, Sapp Iirc had three and I think Randle had 1 sack his rookie year

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Who's this "Greenie"?

Here I thought Kevin Greene dissed our shutouts and I jumped in to find out why he has having Frontiere Flashbacks!

Come to find out some radio mic jockey is flapping is pie hole?

Aaaaaaaaaaallllllllrrrrriiiighty then.
Trust me Mac you don't want to know ,he's an irritating pencil neck geek who like X says was hired to give truly knowledgeable sports fans someone to hate on and Golic smashes him for them, Sad thing is Golic isn't all that knowledgeable and the schtick gets old .
I almost never listen to ESPN anymore got hooked on XM NFL Radio when I bought my last vehicle ,they don't hire anyone to be a punching bag they all know their stuff

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yup they are pretty good and I can see you liking their sense of humor.

I like Marcellus Wiley a lot too, he's always a good listen.
I like them too.

I don't find Mike and Mike that bad

I hate, absolutely hate Dan Le Batard-he is such a Miami homer and a blowhard that I always have to change the channel when his show comes on

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly don't know how anybody listens to or watches any of that nonsense. I love the NFL, and will watch pretty much any game that is on, but I can't stand to listen to any of those idiots. From the pre-game shows, to sports radio, to halftime shows, and especially anything on ESPN. It is space filling drivel, and a complete waste of time. I have way too much going on in my life to take the time to listen to so called experts tell me how the game I am about to watch will probably be decided by turnovers and who executes on 3rd down. ESPN is absolutely the worst. The 'personalities' think they are more important than what they are covering, their highlights never tell the story of the game, and listening to Berman run out of breath while he babbles on and insists on using the stupid nicknames he should have given up on 20 years ago, makes we want to stab myself. Honestly, when is the last time you learned something about the game watching any of that?