'Greenie' dissed the Rams 2 shutouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Did anyone hear Mike & Mike this morning? They were discussing who could win the NFC West and going through the remaining schedule for Arizona and Seattle. They pointed out that they both have to play the Rams who are playing "lights out". CC and Golic both were very complimentary of the Rams and CC flat out says, "The Rams will beat Arizona on Thursday"... then Greenie asks them if it really was a big deal that the Rams had 2 shutouts in a row because it came against Oakland and Washington. CC jumped right on him and said, "Greenie - you are ridiculous!", and then went into how rare it was and that the Oakland shutout was sandwiched in-between the Raiders beating both the Chiefs and the 49ers...

I can barely handle Greenberg anymore... so annoying.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I heard that too, its nice to hear national guys recognizing the rams. Carter was very complimentary to the rams and how well they are playing lately.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Did anyone hear Mike & Mike this morning? They were discussing who could win the NFC West and going through the remaining schedule for Arizona and Seattle. They pointed out that they both have to play the Rams who are playing "lights out". CC and Golic both were very complimentary of the Rams and CC flat out says, "The Rams will beat Arizona on Thursday"... then Greenie asks them if it really was a big deal that the Rams had 2 shutouts in a row because it came against Oakland and Washington. CC jumped right on him and said, "Greenie - you are ridiculous!", and then went into how rare it was and that the Oakland shutout was sandwiched in-between the Raiders beating both the Chiefs and the 49ers...

Well at least you can listen to Golic ,I can't stand either of them. I will say though that if we had shut out the Broncos it would have been more impressive,oh wait we almost did.
Considering the range FG kickers have these days a shutout is more meaningful now than ever.
Before I got XM the only sports radio I had was ESPN so if I wanted to listen to sports radio I had to listen to M&M ,I can't remember a single thing Greenberg ever said that wasn't cliche or provided any profound insight,and the "I'm a big guy and can always just kick your little geek ass routine from Golic gets old too."
Cowherd though has some of the craziest metaphors and a unique way of looking at things even when I think he's wrong it still is fun listening to him.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Greenberg comes off as an asshat when he talks football with real players like Carter! He's a Jets fan! :confused:

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
In all honesty, I didn't feel like Greenburg was that hard on the Rams. Hell, I'm just happy to have the Rams mentioned as more than a footnote by the national sports media, especially the compliments by former players such as Golic and Carter. What a refreshing change!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Ask KC and Oakland if it's easy to shut out the Raiders

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's Greenberg's shtick, I think. He feigns being stupid about stuff, but I think he's pretty smart about these things. It's to generate a discussion and make him look like a moron at the same time. Sort of a self-effacing way for him to be the sports nerd and Golic to be the sports hero.

V3

Hall of Fame
Why do people have to be so sensitive about these things? The Rams have a long earned reputation that's going to take some time to shed. The best way to do that is to repeat these types of performances. I also think, like X said, Greenie does these types of things to spur debate/conversation. You need that for a good radio show. If everyone just agreed on everything and didn't bring up any opposing viewpoints, their show would not be very entertaining or informative.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
That's Greenberg's shtick, I think. He feigns being stupid about stuff, but I think he's pretty smart about these things. It's to generate a discussion and make him look like a moron at the same time. Sort of a self-effacing way for him to be the sports nerd and Golic to be the sports hero.

Absoutely right. I love Mike and Mike. Greenberg's job is to quarterback the show and generate discussion. Segments would be pretty bare if they just agreed on everything.

Some people take this stuff way too personally.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well at least you can listen to Golic ,I can't stand either of them. I will say though that if we had shut out the Broncos it would have been more impressive,oh wait we almost did.
Considering the range FG kickers have these days a shutout is more meaningful now than ever.
Before I got XM the only sports radio I had was ESPN so if I wanted to listen to sports radio I had to listen to M&M ,I can't remember a single thing Greenberg ever said that wasn't cliche or provided any profound insight,and the "I'm a big guy and can always just kick your little geek ass routine from Golic gets old too."
Cowherd though has some of the craziest metaphors and a unique way of looking at things even when I think he's wrong it still is fun listening to him.

Cowherd is worth listening to when he isn't in self admiration mode. Which seems to be his default setting and has some really strange thoughts about things that he uses snippets of reality to "confirm".

But sometimes he is really good so I will give him a listen here and there.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Yesterday they had Mike Ditka on there and the 3 of them were pouring praise on our team. Ditka thinks we win out and all 3 think we our a qb and couple offensive players away from being a super bowl contender.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Cowherd is worth listening to when he isn't in self admiration mode. Which seems to be his default setting and has some really strange thoughts about things that he uses snippets of reality to "confirm".

I should have said that i wouldn't want a steady diet of Colin,agreed sometimes he does indulge in some self agrandizing

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yesterday they had Mike Ditka on there and the 3 of them were pouring praise on our team. Ditka thinks we win out and all 3 think we our a qb and couple offensive players away from being a super bowl contender.

I think a QB period

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

My favorite guys on ESPN Radio are SVP and Russillo. Love their humor.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do people have to be so sensitive about these things? The Rams have a long earned reputation that's going to take some time to shed. The best way to do that is to repeat these types of performances. I also think, like X said, Greenie does these types of things to spur debate/conversation. You need that for a good radio show. If everyone just agreed on everything and didn't bring up any opposing viewpoints, their show would not be very entertaining or informative.

Didn't think I was being 'sensitive' about anything. Just pointing out to other Rams fans who may not have heard it, that the asshat Greenberg made more asshatted remarks about the Rams. No biggie.

jjab360

Legend
Doesn't feel like much of a diss, tbh, just a legitimate question to start a debate. Of course, Carter is right, back to back shutouts are so rare it doesn't really matter who it came against and the Raiders are playing their best football of the year right now.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

I guess when the Steelers shut out 5 teams in 1976 they were not that impressive because all the teams were well below .500 and included shutting out the 0-14 Bucs. So much for the 1976 Steelers being the best-ever
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/bestNFLdefense.html

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Some hero, I think he had 1 sack his entire career:confused:

Rams0307

Considering the source, I'd take it as a compliment. That's the "hot take" radio schtick for you. Wouldn't expect anything less from them...