Greene , Pace make HOF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
He is....but the #'s say different...TO did Randy Moss type things...the big RB type wr...the run after catch monster that we all seek as number 1's......that can win one on one battles for the ball....Bruce was a tactician....TO was a beast....I still remember Bruce diving to the ground to avoid getting hit after making a catch...and really, that bothers me....

Maybe against the rest of the NFL, but the Horns knew how to play TO. They knew if they hit him hard & early he would develop 'alligator arms' for the rest of the game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click link below and scroll down to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fame-candidacy-nearly-got-lost-in-the-cracks/

Kevin Greene’s Hall of Fame candidacy nearly got lost in the cracks
Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2016

gettyimages-323185-e1455374888662.jpeg
Getty Images

Much has been said about one key omission from the new Hall of Fame class. Let’s take a moment to talk about one key inclusion.

Linebacker Kevin Greene finally has made it, passed over for more than a decade despite being third on the all-time sack list with 160. He has more sacks that Hall of Famers Chris Doleman, Michael Strahan, Richard Dent, John Randle, Lawrence Taylor, Rickey Jackson, Derrick Thomas, Charles Haley, Andre Tippett, Warren Sapp, and Howie Long.

Greene picked up those 160 sacks in 15 NFL seasons. But he got none as a rookie, which means that he averaged nearly 11.5 sacks every year for 14 seasons.

So how didn’t he make it sooner? Appearing on Friday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio and NBCSN, Greene suggested that, because he spent the bulk of his career with the Los Angeles Rams, he may have gotten lost in the cracks.

Greene, one of the first players to change teams via true free agency, spent three seasons with the Steelers after eight in L.A. Then came a year in Carolina, a year with the 49ers, and two more with the Panthers. (Greene called his time in San Francisco a “fart in the wind,” which also accurately describes Jim Tomsula’s lone year as head coach — in multiple ways.)

Ultimately, it was PFT’s Darin Gantt (who holds the Carolina vote for the Hall of Fame) task to make the case for Greene, and this year Greene got in.

So as many wring hands (rightfully so) for the omission of Terrell Owens, it’s time for a deep exhale on Greene — and not simply because of an effort to avoid inhaling the odors of a fart in the wind.

RamBill

Legend
Former Rams LB Kevin Greene, 2016 Football Hall of Fame inductee , talks why it took so long to get chosen for HOF, why wants to go in as either a Steeler or Panther and relationship with Brett Favre.

Watch Greene Interview

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think Bruce gets in, hopefully next year, but I have an eerie feeling Holt gets buried in the wide receiver bog down and may never make it.