Greene , Pace make HOF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rick Gosselin ‏@RickGosselinDMN 4m4 minutes ago

HOF Class of 2016: DeBartolo, Dungy, Favre, Greene, Harrison, Pace, Stabler & Stanfel

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 people got in?
Seven, five from the voters Favre, Harrison, Dungy, Greene and Pace. Stabler from the veterans committee and DeCheatalo as a contributor.

Edit: reading another veterans committee so yes 8.

RamBill

Legend
Pace, Greene Elected into Pro Football Hall of Fame

By Myles Simmons

http://www.therams.com/news-and-eve...-of-Fame/22130d47-84ca-4ffe-a460-521f0ee0983a

Two former Rams are headed to Canton, as offensive tackle Orlando Pace and linebacker Kevin Greene have both elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016.

It’s been a long process for both men, who undoubtedly belong among the all-time greats.

Pace spent 13 seasons in the league, 12 of which he played for the Rams. He was an integral part of the Greatest Show on Turf, protecting Kurt Warner’s blindside as the left tackle for the Super Bowl Champion 1999 St. Louis squad. The No. 1 overall pick of the 1997 draft, Pace was a foundational piece of the team that won the franchise’s third NFL championship.

The Rams drafted Greene in the fifth round of the 1985 draft, and the linebacker played 15 seasons in the NFL -- eight with the Rams. He finished with 160 career sacks, good for third most in league history, and the most all-time by a linebacker, as the sack became an official statistic in 1982. Greene led Los Angeles with 16.5 sacks in both 1988 and 1989, earning a trip to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro distinction in the latter year. In all, Greene had 10 seasons of at least 10 sacks, which ranks third in league history.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Way overdue for Greene and well deserved.

Pace is a no brainer.
YES!!! Greene is one of my all-time Favorite Rams, and he should have beat Strahan in a couple of years ago!(y)

GreeneLA.jpg

And your absolutely right about Pace!!:D
Next we have to get " BRUUUCE " in!!

jap

Legend
No Kurt? Wow. Just wrong.

You would think after the 45-17 spanking the Pack suffered at the hands of the Special K-led Horns, that Kurt would be boosted over the likes of Favre. But no, no!, no!, the voters had to be swayed by inconsequential things like a player's entire career output.

Our special reporter, ProBowler Johnny Hekker, weighs in:

"Damn it! If Kurt got in, everyone knows I'm a shoe-in once I retire since I am rivaling Special K for lifetime Horns' passer rating. Has there been a dual passer/punter threat like me since the heyday of Slingin' Sammy Baugh?"

Last edited:

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Would have been nice if Bruce, Warner and Pace could have been part of the same class. Next year Bruce and Warner will go in together.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think our guys are hurt by "losing" Super Bowl 36....We should own the HOF selections in these years..Instead, there will be a struggle for some to get in..and others might never get in..but maybe would have with another Super Bowl win.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He wasn't a Ram, But I'm Glad Stabler got in!! With his passing away this year he may have gotten lost in the shuffle in years to come!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It may not be popular, but Owens should have gotten in before Harrison. There's no way the #2 all-time in yards and #5 in TDs shouldn't be a first ballot HoFer. No, I never liked him as a player and I think Bruce is also way overdue. Bruce should also have eclipsed Harrison, imho.

Glad Greene finally got in, bout damn time. And Pace not being in the Hall was a travesty. He should have been a first ballot guy. No question.

As for Dungy, I'm only bothered because Coryell isn't already there. The NFL is an offensive league and no one person changed today's game more than Don Coryell. Period. The Tampa Two is a potent D and I think Dungy deserved to get there eventually, but I think some of these votes are about who voters like and long held opinions that border on religious canon.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Incredible ballot this year. One of the best, IMO. Congrats to Greene and Pace, both well deserved. Kurt, hang in there bud, your career wasn't the longest, but it was absolutely spectacular. Kurt needs to get in.

Pace, no words needed. K. Greene, let me tell you, when he had a couple early hits on Montana, we beat, one of the best teams in history. Number 3 in all-time sacks...forget about it. Loved me some Kevin Greene.

Go Rams!