Greene: ‘I Played Longer, More Productive Than Taylor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC... Not sure of the exact years, but Montana and the 49ers were killing us every game. Finally, we get this unknown linebacker, Kevin Greene, who says "we're coming after you Montana", and I thought "finally"... someone on the Rams has a little MOJO. This guy gave all us Ram fans hope, and he also played great. It was a shame we let him go, not to mention Jerome Bettis. Of course Kevin Greene belongs in the HOF!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I realize you didn't write the article B&G so these notes are not toward you.

As a collegiate player at Auburn, he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award in 1984. He had 69 career sacks as an outside linebacker, including an SEC-leading 11 his senior season.
Hmmmmmmm How about 69 career TACKLES. He averaged almost 20 sacks his other three years?

He was drafted by the Rams in the fifth round, during their first stint in Los Angeles.
Already being called their "first stint"?

When compared to former Giants and Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Phillips, Greene fares very well. In fact, he played longer and finished with more sacks.
I have to know what Hall of Fame Lawrence Phillips would be in. Do they have a most number of steps dragging your girlfriend by the hair category?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize you didn't write the article B&G so these notes are not toward you.

Hmmmmmmm How about 69 career TACKLES. He averaged almost 20 sacks his other three years?

Already being called their "first stint"?

I have to know what Hall of Fame Lawrence Phillips would be in. Do they have a most number of steps dragging your girlfriend by the hair category?
Yeah, it was written by a high schooler . . .

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IIRC... Not sure of the exact years, but Montana and the 49ers were killing us every game. Finally, we get this unknown linebacker, Kevin Greene, who says "we're coming after you Montana", and I thought "finally"... someone on the Rams has a little MOJO. This guy gave all us Ram fans hope, and he also played great. It was a shame we let him go, not to mention Jerome Bettis. Of course Kevin Greene belongs in the HOF!
That was 1988, he had 4.5 sacks that night and Rams made the playoffs because of that win

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
High School? Ah. Guess he gets a pass then. I'd take that out of high school these days. Not bad when you consider that.