Green-Beckham cut by Eagles - Rams deemed best landing spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
The % of undeafted players making a roster is incredibly low comparative to drafted. It's not even close

And yet about 25% of all NFL 53-man rosters will be UDFAs. That's about 425 guys during any given season that the drafters were wrong about. How do you even count the number of DRAFTED players who are out of the league or underperforming that they were wrong about?

It's fine by me if message board jocks want to evaluate players by draft status. I just hope McVay doesn't care about it. It's a flawed tool for evaluation.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
DGB has had a much better NFL career than Spruce so far. Players get drafted based on transcending ability to next level.
He showed his worthiness on the field however his attitude has removed him from it
Well .... DGB has had 3 years in the League and Spruce is going into his 2nd, After Spruce has 3 years in the League I'll bet his career will out-Shine DGB's!
Spruce is a Team Player, a True Football player that gives 110% all the time! He takes nothing for granted. the same things can not be said about DGB so far!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm tired of guys who can't spell "CAT" even if you spot them the C & the A.
Curious where you stand with guys that don't know where the sun rises?

The % of undeafted players making a roster is incredibly low comparative to drafted. It's not even close
I heard that 25% of the NFL is undrafted players....that sounds like 400 players...

I was looking at a possible Rams roster...wanted to put it somewhere...search wasn't helping...but it was interesting to compare the salaries of the players....I could see where you keep a cheaper alternative at various positions...even tho they may not be better players...comparable....but usually younger and cheaper.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/los-angeles-rams-53-man-roster-depth-chart-2017-season/

Check it out if you can...

Mack Hollins....a beast outta UNC....plays ST's....understandable. He's DGB with...better attitude???? And ST skills.

Still worth a look

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I heard that 25% of the NFL is undrafted players....that sounds like 400 players...

I was looking at a possible Rams roster...wanted to put it somewhere...search wasn't helping...but it was interesting to compare the salaries of the players....I could see where you keep a cheaper alternative at various positions...even tho they may not be better players...comparable....but usually younger and cheaper.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/los-angeles-rams-53-man-roster-depth-chart-2017-season/

Check it out if you can...

Mack Hollins....a beast outta UNC....plays ST's....understandable. He's DGB with...better attitude???? And ST skills.

Still worth a look
I mocked Hollins to the Rams multiple times.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He certainly fits the Fisher mold: freakishly athletic but low football IQ

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many undrafted players each year? I know about 220 or so get drafted, and a large % of them make the team from 5th round down. Undrafted guys? Well, there's 347 D-1 schools so.....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

corruption-cushing.gif

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
How many undrafted players each year? I know about 220 or so get drafted, and a large % of them make the team from 5th round down. Undrafted guys? Well, there's 347 D-1 schools so.....

Of course drafted players will make the team in their first year. Management almost has to do that to justify draft decisions and cost, even when a player turns out not to be as expected. You have to look past that first year to judge success or failure. A three-year test seems about right, unless failure is obvious before then (e.g. DGB).

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I am a huge Mizzou fan, but I do not want him on the Rams..now. I think McVay is really trying to build something with the core we have in place. Should they try him out? Sure! I think if there is an "ouchie" in Training Camp, yes and see what you can get out of him. Three year ago (heck, two years), I would have said yes and get Brian Quick out of here.

Also as someone said earlier, I have not seen him work as hard and depend on his athleticism. Plus, in Springfield MO, the circles are small around here and my stepson met him and he seemed to want to be about that life instead of a football player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course drafted players will make the team in their first year. Management almost has to do that to justify draft decisions and cost, even when a player turns out not to be as expected. You have to look past that first year to judge success or failure. A three-year test seems about right, unless failure is obvious before then (e.g. DGB).
Drafted players make the team, and only a few undrafted players do. When you look at how many undrafted players there are, the % are just totally out of whack.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Lolz. Reminds me of that WR we signed from Jax a few years back. "But he is Soooo talented". So lame. Pass!!

You talkin about Mike Sims-Walker? Hey, lol I fell for that hype. Came so close to buying his jersey before he even played for us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Says a lot about the great California school system to me:whistle:

I believe that our TE's like Everett, Higbee & Hemingway can the the Red Zone Nightmares instead.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If Fisher was in charge I could easily see him being brought in - I was pro-DGB during his draft year, I really thought he could be a bit of a matchup beast, but I was worried about his work-ethic back then, he really hasn't improved by the sound of things, so I'd stay well away now.

Love this quote from an NFL OC on him: "We had him in for a visit and put him on the board and he was completely lost. Whoever takes him better have a plan for him because it could be rough early on."

He's NOT a McVay kinda guy at all. As was previously mentioned by @OldSchool sounds like the GRob of WRs.