Green-Beckham cut by Eagles - Rams deemed best landing spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...or-dorial-green-beckham-after-eagles-cut-him/

The talking heads at CBS have deemed the Rams WR corp as the one that would benefit most from picking up DGB. I was a big fan when he came out and would have liked the Rams to have taken a chance on him but he has failed to impress at both clubs he has played in the past two years.

I'm sort of torn as to whether he would be of any benefit. I want to believe that our current crop of WR's show promise and can do without DGB but that size in the red zone really intrigues me.

He should be cheap and may be worth bringing in to camp. Nothing to lose really I suppose.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nooooooo..... he is the type of WR we have had in terms of running lazy routes, dropping balls, and not being a great locker room guy.

Move on with guys that want to play and also want to learn their craft.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nooooooo..... he is the type of WR we have had in terms of running lazy routes, dropping balls, and not being a great locker room guy.

Move on with guys that want to play and also want to learn their craft.

Well his last two years in the league would tend to support what you say although I'm not sure about the locker room guy bit. He does have a ring of Brian Quick about him I'll admit. I'm not really sold either way to be honest.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is a tough one. He doesn't really fit the McVay style plan for team first, hard working players he wants for associates, mentors or behavior models, but he may very well be of help to a team where receivers lack credibility. In better times i'd just move on, but as a coach wishing to improve an already poor situation, i'd be prone to bringing him in for a look-see. He's likely pretty cheap, so a two year low cost contract could be just what the doctor orders.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
tenor.gif

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I prefer to roll with the 12 WR's already on this roster.

Hell, I don't know if they can make that final cut down to 6 as it is, tbh.

In any case, does anyone really believe that a WR behind our current top 4-5 of Austin, Woods, Kupp, and maybe Thomas or Reynolds is gonna get significant game snaps? Me neither.

Save the time and money, I say.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll let McVay make the call here. DGB has the athleticism to be a deep threat, but he's proven to be many bad things thus far in his career. McVay knows best what we have.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of these days we'll have our fans not drooling over people cut because they were bad. So many times we were told this guy was a must signing that he was an amazing athlete and a great WR and we were fools for not putting him on the 53. In the last year this guy has been traded for a backup OT and cut. I guess size and speed isn't a guarantee of NFL success for a WR.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Cdync7CUkAAomsz.jpg
!!!

Honestly first off this is out of left field... Secondly, second round draft picks just don't get waived...Unless...He is not who they thought he was. Therefore; we shouldn't consider...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's not a fit. Dude wasn't finishing his routes back in 2015 and got benched for it in Tenn, and here he is available big surprise. McVay/Snead have gone out of their way to add guys who run good routes and who are dependable and smart.

There is no way DGB fits this roster. If the Rams add him I would be shocked.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Does the national media pay attention to anything? McVay is trying to change the culture with high character, football loving, teammate hugging, life winning, reachable guys. Where does DGB fit into any of that?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just Say No.
~Nancy from the Grave

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
He was drafted in the second round for a reason. So, according to some of our crack talent evaluators here, aren't we required to take him?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Exactly.

That doesn't happen to players that are any good.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was drafted in the second round for a reason. So, according to some of our crack talent evaluators here, aren't we required to take him?

That would mean spruce needs to pack his bags, seeing he was undrafted and all.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That'd be like handing an alcoholic a drink. No thanks, no need to poison the waters at this stage.

Ram65

Legend
Locally in Phila it was not a surprise he got cut. They gave him the job without earning it so he didn't have to work for the opportunity. IIRC they said he can only run a post routes. Didn't study or had trouble with the playbook.

No!