Greedy or smart business? You be the judge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Doesn't make much sense to me. Big name artists won't want to pay them because why should they? They have no problem selling tickets.

And there's not a chance in hell they price it where Billy and his garage band can play to get their name out there. Having lesser known bands may tune the casual "I just watch for the commercials" fan away since they're all online right after anyway. Who wants to tune in to watch Johnny nobody play?

Unless big name artist bite and pay, which is incredibly stupid, or some rich kid with a shit band wants to piss money away, it'll probably make the halftime show suck even more. Which is an accomplishment really.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have VH1 ,all the premiums ,if I want music in concert it's always available somewhere on TV ,that halftime show is for non fans in the end, so I could care less if they decide to do a spelling B during halftime ,just get the players back out and play that second half.

Anyone here BTW who would take any raise in pay,Soc Sec benefits any financial windfall ?If you'd turn it down you might have a case for calling someone else greedy otherwise it's jelly .

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If they're gonna charge for it, you're not gonna see any big name singers or bands out there. The top stars don't need the exposure. You won't see an up and comer either or someone you'd see at the local fair. You're gonna see a mid range band. Someone people are familiar with but not at the top. I only know country and rock, so I'm thinking you wouldn't see the Eagles, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line, etc. And whoever is at the top of pop/hip hop. I generally don't tune into the halftime show anyway, so it don't matter to me. That time gives me the opportunity to make a beer run.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If they're gonna charge for it, you're not gonna see any big name singers or bands out there. The top stars don't need the exposure. You won't see an up and comer either or someone you'd see at the local fair. You're gonna see a mid range band. Someone people are familiar with but not at the top. I only know country and rock, so I'm thinking you wouldn't see the Eagles, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line, etc. And whoever is at the top of pop/hip hop. I generally don't tune into the halftime show anyway, so it don't matter to me. That time gives me the opportunity to make a beer run.

I think you will ,remember how many times you heard the performers name in SB half time promos leading up to the game,I can see a sponsor who pays for the half time naming rights might go the fee for them ,like Pepsi. There is a lot of ad value there ,and like I said before someone has probably offered already which could be what started the idea to begin with

Athos

Legend
Greed and idiocy both. No sane, well-known artist, would be this shit for free with all the work that goes into getting it all ready. Why do that when you have concerts where people will pay up the ass for a ticket? But if it ends the string of crap artists, so be it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't either the network - which is paying for the show - or the half time show sponsor who bought the naming rights get to pick the artist who's performing? After all, the network is paying the NFL and have the right to expect a half time show that attracts viewers and keeps them watching instead of them going for food and a beer at half time. And the company that is paying for the half time show naming rights is going to be directly associated with the artist. What if Eminem anted up the money to perform, and did a set about beating his wife and murdering his mom? That would hurt the naming rights company.

fancents86

Starter
The NFL should be paying US, the consumer for having to put up with the crap live acts they have every year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had no idea the NFL was in such dire financial straits! :)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I find the whole half time show thing odd anyway. It's a sport first and foremost. Every other game in the season, the players get 12 mins (I think) for half time but at the Super Bowl they have to wait around for ages, cooling down while a bunch of people are dancing around to some artist they're pretending to like.

Now, put someone good like AC/DC on and I might have less of a problem with it

Yeah I agree, but the Super Bowl is the only game where the majority of people (both football and non-football) watch it. They do it for the commercials and halftime show. Me I personally could care less; usually I use the bathroom (or in the case of the last SB, vomit with rage).

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The only people that watch the half time show at my house are the girl friends/wives. All the guys normally go in the back yard to smoke, drink and bullshit.
I can care less if they want a cut of there money, both sides are greedy fucks.

Now can we get a price drop on the jerseys since your going to get a cut off these musicians? I mean seriously, These fucking things cost Like 10-20 bucks to make and they sell them for 200 and shit. I worked at merchandising company and we had the Nike license, it cost us 10-20 bucks to make the college jerseys(Nike didn't have NFL jerseys at the time) depending on the extra trims (patches/stitches) needed. Its all made overseas.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I could see Bieber and Kanye pay to be center stage. Sad but people would watch them/

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man, maybe Larry Flynt or Vivid Entertainment will buy the spot for their "dancers"!!!!!!!! Maybe this isn't such a good idea NFL.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think you will ,remember how many times you heard the performers name in SB half time promos leading up to the game,I can see a sponsor who pays for the half time naming rights might go the fee for them ,like Pepsi. There is a lot of ad value there ,and like I said before someone has probably offered already which could be what started the idea to begin with
I was just thinking this while browsing this thread. It's usually sponsored by Bud Light or Pepsi or Doritos. No artist will actually have to pay it's more like whatever advertiser is footing the bill gets to pick the act to associate with their brand.
I guess just prepare for more nauseating pop bullshit.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was just thinking this while browsing this thread. It's usually sponsored by Bud Light or Pepsi or Doritos. No artist will actually have to pay it's more like whatever advertiser is footing the bill gets to pick the act to associate with their brand.
I guess just prepare for more nauseating pop bullcrap.

I'd almost rather watch the pop acts on mute. At least the girls are barely dressed. Much better than watching The Who continue the old folks tour.