Great Sb8 Article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Glad it was new for you guys. It was, by far, the best unbiased breakdown of the Ram's offense that I have seen. Of course it helps it aligns w/ what I see/saw. ;)
Yeah - thanks for posting it. Funny - I happen to see most of the same stuff this guy points out as well. He must be BRILLIANT! :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Could be but I thought it was something KD said in one of his recent interviews. So much stuff to read and keep straight - I can't guarantee that.

I think he said it before the start of the 2013 season.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If this is posted on the PD I can only imagine the 175 replies from every anti Sam fan. Probably an epic cluster F.
I personally think he is not the problem but hopefully he really gets a full year in 2014 to prove it.

moklerman

Warner-phile
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-speculation-surrounding-qbs-future-with-rams
Yet later in the evening La Canfora painted a much different picture of how the Rams view Bradford's future with the Rams:

A source says the Rams are open to an extension for QB Sam Bradford, who is due $27M over the next two years. A longer deal would still be a surprise to many, because adding guaranteed money beyond the current deal would make it cumbersome for the team to part with Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/th...s-should-commit-to-sam-bradford-for-2014.html
By: Matt Harmon
February 12, 2014

Sam Bradford hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire since he entered the NFL as the number one overall draft choice in 2010. His 79.3 career passer rating suggests he has been an average at best starter thus far. The Rams subpar records under his watch lend more credence to that assessment.

Bradford began the 2013 season on pace to record career best statistics across the board. Still, media members and fans alike were unsatisfied. The calls for Bradford’s head began to grow, especially after a poor showing against the 49ers in Thursday Night Football’s national spotlight.

Unfortunately, Sam Bradford never really got the chance to prove his doubters wrong over the course of the season. The fourth year quarterback was lost for the year with an ACL tear suffered during the seventh week of the NFL season. The chorus of doubt was actually given a new sheet of music to read from in the weeks following Bradford’s departure.

As the season progressed, the Rams offense seemed to actually improve without their franchise quarterback in the fold. The team hit on more big plays with Kellen Clemens behind center in place of Bradford. The Rams procuring upset wins over the Saints and Colts during this time only served to throw fuel on the fire. By the end of the 2013 season, it seemed the Rams had an obvious answer to what to do with Sam Bradford.

Many have decided it is time for the Rams to move on from their former top draft pick. It has been suggested they should get themselves out from under the albatross of a contract Bradford carries and use the second overall pick on one of this draft’s talented quarterbacks. The thought is Bradford has shown he isn’t good enough, and the Rams were gifted a chance to pick this high by the Washington Redskins; might as well take advantage.

Not too long ago, I was amongst those who felt that was the wisest course of action. However, after taking an in-depth look at all of Bradford’s snaps during his injury shortened 2013 campaign, my feelings have changed. The view from the eye in the sky shows a passer who flashed a ton of growth, all while still playing on a bad offense.

Charting Sam Bradford’s 2013 season

Sam Bradford’s completion percentage this season was 60.7%, and his yards per attempt figure came in at 6.44. Both of those numbers fall just at, or below, the average standards desired from NFL quarterbacks. Nothing about Bradford’s statistics scream “former number one overall pick” or “franchise quarterback”. However, as always, the basic statistics do not paint the whole picture.

By charting each of Bradford’s 2013 games you can see which areas of the field he excelled in throwing to, and how efficient he was. Completion percentage does not take into account passes that were obviously thrown away, or mistakes by other teammates. To counteract that, these charts track the percentage of good and accurate throws Bradford made, and where he made them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a tidbit of the article. It's long but I recommend everyone read it. It has a lot of great information, charts and pictures. And the guy that wrote it is NOT a Rams fan.(as much as that will upset the PD crowd)

Props to jjab for posting it on another site.

jjab360

Legend
Props to jjab for posting it on another site.
Thanks, but the props should actually go to wrstdude for posting it right here yesterday, lol.

Definitely a must read for all Rams fans, the guy knows his stuff and made me realize a couple of things about Bradford I hadn't really seen before.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I read this on another site (sorry phx) really good breakdown of QB play this season. No reason to give up on Sam as long as he is healthy he will win games.

tonyl711

Starter
the Rams ARE commited to Sam for the 2014 season, Fisher and Snead have never wavered on that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks, but the props should actually go to wrstdude for posting it right here yesterday, lol.

Definitely a must read for all Rams fans, the guy knows his stuff and made me realize a couple of things about Bradford I hadn't really seen before.

Oh snap. I couldn't find it. Well, in that case, feel free to delete. :whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bumping this up. Great article. Didn't see this thread before I posted it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Watkins would help. ;)

Just look at Ammendola and Gibson. Bradford elevated their games and we've just started putting legit threats around him. You add a true #1 WR, some stud interior OL'man, and some T depth, the Rans will be set. Bradford is primed for the "Come Back POTY" Award. Bet on it!