Great pick for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He’s interesting. Sort of like buying stock. Buy now for the “reward” later.

Nuclear engineer to boot.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If he can get out of...or delay his commitment...I'm all in...he looked good at senior bowl practices...great movement skills.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If he can get out of...or delay his commitment...I'm all in...he looked good at senior bowl practices...great movement skills.

Nah, let him serve. He can get out if he wants, he just has to repay for the school, which NFL money covers. He doesn't want to, that's an honorable thing.

Let him serve and then put him on the field. I'd love for the Rams to take a flyer on him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He is worth a 6th. Maybe you don't read Mock drafts. Jrry had him in one a few months ago. He pretty much said the same thing about Toth being ready after his service time and in time for Whitworth's contract to expire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't draft Toth with the plan for him to take over for Whit. I think Whit lasting two more years is an optimistic outcome. I'd draft him late with the plan to develop him when he comes back, but I'd also draft an immediate heir apparent for Whit.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nah, let him serve. He can get out if he wants, he just has to repay for the school, which NFL money covers. He doesn't want to, that's an honorable thing.

Let him serve and then put him on the field. I'd love for the Rams to take a flyer on him.

Not anymore. Trump ended the waivers for service school grads.

Which is why he’s unlikely to be drafted.

Also, pretty sure only the Navy does nuclear engineering. I read the Toth is going to report as an engineer, but I’m not sure in what regard or discipline.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Also, pretty sure only the Navy does nuclear engineering. I read the Toth is going to report as an engineer, but I’m not sure in what regard or discipline.
Unless there’s something I missed you can still buy out your contract.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brett Toth sounds like a great risk to me....6th rounder is better spent on him than many others, imo..He'll have two years in a military environment, and so much more matured at his age than most. I bet if he was assigned in the USA, he could hire a pro Oline trainer to help him with skills.

"“The NFL dream waits until my service is done,” Toth said Thursday. “You have that dream ever since you started playing ball, or even being young and in the backyard playing ball. But again, being at West Point, initially thought it was going to be five years (of military service), for me at least. Going in, I didn’t think (the NFL) was going to be something for me. But now, under the current administration, the requirement is two years, so it looks like I might be doing both.”

bluecoconuts

Legend

You're always able to buy out a contract, even if you're enlisted. The military knows if you have money they can't really punish you.

But it seems that Trump wants mandatory service for West Pointer's, which is stupid. Mandatory service is terrible.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

You're only 24, 25, 26 once.....
I had thought...due to the positive press, the military encouraged enlistees to play in the NFL...then, when finished they could complete their commitment.....
Oh well

He sure is a bigun for the Army....
That's what I thought too....
What doesn't make sense...if he truly wants to play, which I take as participating in the Senior Bowl...combine...ect...why wouldn't he do this?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I could be wrong, but the only way you could buy out your contract was a waiver for the duty portion.

But... Trump explicitly ended the program.

So, there's no point in buying out the school cost if you still have to serve.

Again, I could be wrong, but there's been a few service school athletes that could go pro since Trump's election and zero have been able to get any kind of waiver to compete.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You're always able to buy out a contract, even if you're enlisted. The military knows if you have money they can't really punish you.

But it seems that Trump wants mandatory service for West Pointer's, which is stupid. Mandatory service is terrible.

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

And we agree that mandatory service is beyond stupid...turrible, even.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

And we agree that mandatory service is beyond stupid...turrible, even.

Normally officers have a choice to actually commission or not after school. I know someone who didn't because he was afraid to go to war and it was 2006.

Sounds like Trump basically made it so you can't say no, again, not smart really, but it is what it is.

He could still buy out his contract, it's just not cheap.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Depending on who we get in the draft, I'd say use our last pick of the draft on him, as I don't see anyone else drafting him before the 7th round.