GREAT news on Trumaine!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Good news or at least much better news.

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good news or at least much better news.

I guess I should have picked the thread title a little more carefully. I was just excited to see he was not out for the year. I cannot remember the last guy I have seen carted off the field, with his head in a towel, visible upset, that only missed 6 weeks.

RamsFan14

Starter
Considering that he left on the cart with a towel on his face, this is pretty good to hear! Hopefully he's handling everything okay. Sprained ligaments can be very painful, so good to know nothing is torn.

RamzFanz

Damnit
2 weeks preseason and 1 buy. 4 Games missed and back for the brutal middle run. That's probably the best we could hope for.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Yeah, it really is great news compared to what we were all thinking it probably was.

RamWoodie

Legend
That is great news! I didn't think it was that bad but you just never know on that kind of hit. It didn't seem to give way as I've seen others, but when Tru put the towel over his face when being carted off I thought "players know", so I figured it was bad news...NOW...we have SUNSHINE!!!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's great news. I don't understand the McGee filler part. He hasn't shown me anything to think he should be in that spot. It's gotta be Gaines right? He has been lighting up practice from what I read. With Joyner in the slot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Me thinks we have a troll in our midsts. Someone is targeting me it seems. Not that it would work, and it's kind of funny, but that's what I'm seeing.

stinks_zpsc36ce8a5.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I know that the Ram ORg. seems to really like Brandon McGee, however I fall into the norm around here that there's just something missing in McGee game that has failed to win me over as him being the heir to the open starting post @ CB. Rookies Gaines & Joyner would seem to be a much better CB fit IMO. Joyner has been an exclusive Nickle since OTA's but surely he could start in the base then slide inside to the Nickle & permit Gaines or McGee to fill the outside post.

I sure hope I am proven wrong here by McGee. Gaines just looks to be a complete CB NFL grade material thus far.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
Good news for Tru. Really looked worse then that when it happened. Well one more bullet to dodge

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
With the bye and the rest of preseason, he probably only misses 3-4 actual games. This is the best news we could hope for.

McGee better not be the one starting in his place. I'd rather put EJ Gaines in there, or sign a veteran like Chris Houston. Don't trust McGee, all he has is speed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Me thinks we have a troll in our midsts. Someone is targeting me it seems. Not that it would work, and it's kind of funny, but that's what I'm seeing.

stinks_zpsc36ce8a5.jpg
That's what I'm thinking. Who'd you piss off Ramz?

Who ever it is, grow the fuck up.

FRO

Legend
I would rather start Gaines than McGee. Now we just need good news about Sam.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I know that the Ram ORg. seems to really like Brandon McGee, however I fall into the norm around here that there's just something missing in McGee game that has failed to win me over as him being the heir to the open starting post @ CB. Rookies Gaines & Joyner would seem to be a much better CB fit IMO. Joyner has been an exclusive Nickle since OTA's but surely he could start in the base then slide inside to the Nickle & permit Gaines or McGee to fill the outside post.

I sure hope I am proven wrong here by McGee. Gaines just looks to be a complete CB NFL grade material thus far.
While I agree with you regarding McGee and his lack of development so far, I do think you are over estimating Joyner's ability to play outside. They worked him out there the first couple of days in camp, and trust me, it was not pretty. He is best suited in the Nickel role, as his cover "skills" are better served in confined spaces. He has tremendous instincts, but average skill. Gaines is much more experienced, and polished at CB and for me at least, a much better option.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
While I agree with you regarding McGee and his lack of development so far, I do think you are over estimating Joyner's ability to play outside. They worked him out there the first couple of days in camp, and trust me, it was not pretty. He is best suited in the Nickel role, as his cover "skills" are better served in confined spaces. He has tremendous instincts, but average skill. Gaines is much more experienced, and polished at CB and for me at least, a much better option.

The several interviews with Gaines that I have seen have been very revealing ...he just seems to be a very smart thoughtful & mature beyond his years for a rookie.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
What awesome news! I don't think anyone who saw that would have guessed that he would only miss 3 or 4 regular season games. What an emotional roller coaster it has been for us Ram fans the last 24 hours or so. Let's just hope we get some more good news on Bradford, Saffold and Brockers.