Great ESPN Piece On Pro's And Con's Of McCaffrey Trade (long)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
TLDR: If he's healthy, good trade
If he's hurt, bad trade

Yeah - not good for The Rams!! Add insult to injury.

The thing that gets me is it true for every player.Just glad it dumb NFL fans that worry so much.

There is a saying that has been around forever in The NFL. Not for Long.

I’m just PISSED the Rooney Rule thing got exposed in the 9ers favor.They got this guy for cheap & he is a perfect fit.

dang

Legend
If 69ers win NFC championship because of the CMC trade it’s a good trade.
If they don’t win the championship it’s a bad trade.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After reading the article it makes me think the deal is even better for the 9ers. The cost was not all that expensive.

The best part was how Les Snead made out on his 2021 draft picks.
I thought it was a bad trade to get Les(s) value on the deal,but he got an extra draft pick out of the deal.

I’ll take Ernest Jones to make plays against this guy. His shoe string tackle was pretty sweet against Carolina.Now he will be asked to at least makes plays agian Sunday.

Bobby Wagner wasn’t the player at FAULT. Taylor Rapp needs to go!!!
Wish The Rams could have traded him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If 69ers win NFC championship because of the CMC trade it’s a good trade.
If they don’t win the championship it’s a bad trade.

What about my boy Austin Blythe for all the HATERS

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
On a side note, is a team really going to trade a first round pick for Trey Lance after the Niners spent so much to get him and are giving up on him?

Why would the Falcons trade Kyle Pitts for Lance?

If Shanahan can make Garapolo and some of the 49ers backups look good, but cannot do it with Lance, to the point they want to trade him, what is he really worth? A sixth rounder maybe?

The rest of the article was very good btw

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've followed the 49ers camp reports. Watched Lance in the limited time he's played. I seriously doubt they'd get a first round pick for him. Potential is all he has right now. Because he still has some serious mechanical flaws in his passing. They have some work to do to try and fix them.

If the idea with McCaffrey is to try and win a championship this year I can see it. He does fit with what Shanahan likes to do. And helps Garoppolo's deficiencies. But how much it affects them the next couple years could be interesting.

In a perfect world for them Garoppolo won't need to throw downfield because they move the ball with the short stuff all day. But if you defend that part of the field, its trouble for them.

Ram65

Legend
That article went back and forth on the pros and cons for a very in-depth look of the trade the Whiners made for CMC. As suggested lining him up as a WR could be very scarey. I thought it was worth the risk of draft picks at first thought. Now, I'm more 60/40 as a good move. They really didn't need him for the run game and could have made a less expensive deal for a pass catching RB. The injuy history is also a question mark. Let's see watch rat boy does with him.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Like every year, I hope this blows up in the whiner's face. Be hilarious if they tried to f them picks like Sneed and failed. Hopefully sending a message that you can't just try to copy what the Rams do there's more to it. Whiner dumpster fire ignited last week vs Chiefs, let's throw some more gasoline on it.

fearsomefour

Legend
What about my boy Austin Blythe for all the HATERS
Watched Seattle for the first time last week.
He did give up a safety to Joseph-Day, but, overall played very well at C.
He looked better than anyone playing inside for the Rams this year......but, Ive only watched one game with Seattle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watched Seattle for the first time last week.
He did give up a safety to Joseph-Day, but, overall played very well at C.
He looked better than anyone playing inside for the Rams this year......but, Ive only watched one game with Seattle.

I saw he gave Carroll a big hug after the game.Geno is having a good season. Waldon & Dickerson are part of Mcvay Tree!

Rams still have Zak,but Kromer is in a perfect spot with the Bills.Cam his rookie year with all those guys on The Rams did well.

Lossing to Green Bay at Green Bay sort of stat wise seems easy. Both T.Bay & SF have beaten them to move into The NFC championship game.Tampa Bay winning it all & SF giving The Rams all they wanted(a Rams victory).

How did Everett look? He was(is) a bigger offensive threat than Higbee. Nice to see Ben Sko playing more of a HB role.

Just saying as a Rams Fan I appreciate Ex-Rams that we’re WE first types. SJD69 I remember his first train camp. Why The Rams cut that other 3 name guy drafted ahead of him with the Jets shows how well he played from the start as a Ram. Those 2 went against each other a few times.
-SJD his rookie season planted Jared Goff on his AZZ while wearing read.I was like this guy has BALLS. Mcvay I guess didn’t get to upset.Just showed how much control he has over practice.