Great discussion with John Clayton on the Fast Lane

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lots of QB talk. Thinks Bradford is on the cusp now that he's being set up for success.

[mp3]http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/John-Clayton-INT.mp3[/mp3]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Good stuff. Not sure I remember the "knuckle headness" Lloyd displayed here. Can someone help me out here?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
Good stuff. Not sure I remember the "knuckle headness" Lloyd displayed here. Can someone help me out here?
Yeah, I didn't know what to make of that either. He was a model citizen from what I remember.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought I heard something about he refused to run certain routes and would give up on the play if he had to run them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Dude said:
Username said:
Yeah, I didn't know what to make of that either. He was a model citizen from what I remember.
Yeah ya know I don't quite buy that he was an ass in Denver so McD brings him here, then he's an ass here and McD gets him on in NE, somewhere you'd think he'd have worn out that welcome.
Sometimes the press guys use templates for a player.

nighttrain

Legend
Username said:
Not aware of any issues, BUT, from Broncos to Rams to Patsies to ?
There is a problem
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thought he was considered a problem child early on but I actually kept hearing how much he had matured before he got here.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thought he was considered a problem child early on but I actually kept hearing how much he had matured before he got here.

Yeah same here, in fact it was touted that Mc D had resurrected his career he wanted to play exclusively for him.
Like I said ,templates, Clayton and the rest of the press have so many players to keep up with ,once a reputation is earned ,it's hard to shake it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Dude said:
Lots of QB talk. Thinks Bradford is on the cusp now that he's being set up for success.

[mp3]http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/John-Clayton-INT.mp3[/mp3]
I'm getting "File Not Found' when trying to play audio. Went to ESPN 101 and getting same damn thing. I wonder what happened?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:
The Dude said:

I'm getting "File Not Found' when trying to play audio. Went to ESPN 101 and getting same damn thing. I wonder what happened?

Same here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it's 101 guys, and not on this end. I was listening to them and they went down.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
DR RAM said:
I think it's 101 guys, and not on this end. I was listening to them and they went down.

It is 101.. ALl the podcasts/archives come up with a 404 error. If the mp3's are up there they are linked to improperly. The mp3's could have been deleted to save on bandwidth, but I don't know? The only ones up are from recent shows, meaning Friday and Saturday.

It's almost as if someone is learning on the job, or is really busy multitasking at 101. Who knows? I guess they are cutting costs seeing how sports radio is really down in ratings in St. Louis market.

The same can be said for their stream. I have to hit "back to live" like every 20 minutes. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but also not the dullest either when it comes to web site issues and costs. Are they doing this to cut down on BW costs? With them being the only all sports station left in the market, one would think these measures would not be needed.. Sorry for the rant. :cool:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
nighttrain said:
Username said:
There is a problem
train

Actually it goes like....

49ers to Redskins to Bears to Broncos to Rams to Patriots to ?

Journeyman. Needless to say my username perfectly described my feeling when they traded a draft pick for him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This John Clayton ESPN TV Commercial (that they referred to in the interview) is hysterical.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHZZ5bwASU[/youtube]

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
nighttrain said:
Username said:
There is a problem
train

Actually it goes like....

49ers to Redskins to Bears to Broncos to Rams to Patriots to ?

Journeyman. Needless to say my username perfectly described my feeling when they traded a draft pick for him.

everything spags and devaney did in 2011 was to the long term detriment of the rams future. somewhere between the end of the 2010 season and beginning of the 2011 season they changed their gameplan. instead of keeping young players on the rise they started signing over the hill vets and never was vets (msw). they were playing only for the 2011 season (cutting every 2011 draft pick after the 4th round pick was a sure fire give away). and with every loss they became more desperate to win that week. thus the trade for lloyd.

the irony is their total screw up of the season landed the rams in the perfect place at the right time, the number 2 pick with rg3 and luck up for grabs. plus with jeff fisher looking for a new job and the opportunity that #2 pick gave the rams it made his decision pretty easy to choose the rams.

you gotta love it.

nighttrain

Legend
kurtfaulk said:
everything spags and devaney did in 2011 was to the long term detriment of the rams future. somewhere between the end of the 2010 season and beginning of the 2011 season they changed their gameplan. instead of keeping young players on the rise they started signing over the hill vets and never was vets (msw). they were playing only for the 2011 season (cutting every 2011 draft pick after the 4th round pick was a sure fire give away). and with every loss they became more desperate to win that week. thus the trade for lloyd.

the irony is their total screw up of the season landed the rams in the perfect place at the right time, the number 2 pick with rg3 and luck up for grabs. plus with jeff fisher looking for a new job and the opportunity that #2 pick gave the rams it made his decision pretty easy to choose the rams.

you gotta love it.

Perfect opportunity meets perfect plan, awesome when this happens
train