Gray: Rams Fans Being Ran Through the Wringer (InsideSTL)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have always berated columnists for holding Kroenke responsible for the winning record or lack thereof previous to his majority ownership, on the other hand the record and the product it took to produce it is fairly presented here. No matter who has owned this team the overall product has been well below what loyalty it has been recipient of .
When Bidwell moved his team he did it out of economic reality that he could not compete in an uncapped league, with free agency, never has the inability to compete been an issue for the Rams ,at least not here, if they move it will affirm every charge of greed made against present ownership and FWIW it will be difficult to continue to support this team.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Thordaddy.

STL-Rams

Starter
During the last ten years, the Rams have won less than 31 percent of their contests.

- St. Louis has not posted a winning record since 2003.

- The Rams have not made the playoffs since 2004.

What kind of a masochist sticks with a team like this? Well there's me and the rest of you, lol.

Btw let's not let this thread become entered on relocation or it will need to be merged with the humongous relocation sticky thread.

1zof1jo.jpg

Thanks, Prime my friend! Love the image, that made my day. Thanks -- as always -- for the great support at ROD. Glad to be back. I will have a new column up Monday at insidestl.com.

STL-Rams

Starter
Just curious if Shane still thinks the Rams are staying?

I still hold optimism of that, yes. Would my odds be as high as they were a year ago? No. But do I still see the possibility of the Rams staying as realistic/legit? Yes I do.

A lot of that depends on a few variables,but there are indeed some real endgames as to where the Rams remain the St. Louis Rams for a long time.

STL-Rams

Starter
I don't care how bad you beat me Shane I'm NEVER giving up!!!!! LOL

I mean I knew it has been bad an yes I have endured that long suffering bug of Ram-fandom long before Georgia ever put the screws to LA and put such a crappy product out that not many cared when they left. But seeing it written makes you have to wonder WHY AM I STILL HERE????

:) Don't give up, Blackbart. I tried -- but I just couldnt' get ya to do it. :) No, but seriously... hang in there.

STL-Rams

Starter
Well written
But do we really need another one if these articles?
Brutal
Thanks, Dieter. Sorry for reminding you of what a tough stretch it has been. I can understand why reading this was not an enjoyable thing for you (and others).

STL-Rams

Starter
Another good article Shane. Thank you.
Yes, it's been tough to be a Rams fan for quite some time now.
I'm tired of it too......
Thank you, my friend. Hope you are well. Things appear to be looking up, but for many St. Louis fans, the bigger hope is that the stadium goes up and the Rams are in it.

STL-Rams

Starter
Its true I am sure.
I doubt the CEO of Subway cares more about one franchise than another.
The NFL has not been in LA in approaching a quarter of a century, so, there obviously is not a ton of care there either.
Many cities -- STL, LA, etc -- have lost teams. With that, it is easy to think/believe the league doesn't care about those markets. Is that true? I would say that is up for debate.

STL-Rams

Starter
Well put, Shane @STL-Rams . Being a Rams fan these last 20 years hasn't been THAT bad, but mostly because of the GSOT years. Being a Rams fan since 2004 (when they last made the playoffs), yeah, that's been pretty miserable. You could throw out a few more tidbits about the coaching and QB carousel, the unfulfilled promise of Sam Bradford, but that would only dilute the message of the overall level of futility.
Thank you, junkman. I hope you are well. Good points in that there could have been many other things added to the list of futility, sadly.

STL-Rams

Starter
I think that to be pretty well untrue the 32 franchises in the NFL are spread all the way down to the 50th largest metro area, St Louis if it has no franchise and LA gets the Rams would become the largest metro area in the country without an NFL franchise.
Currently we are the 18th largest metro area so that means there are 14 franchises in smaller markets and 18 markets without franchises larger than the leagues smallest that being Jacksonville, a franchise that changed hands about the same time as the Rams and with an owner with significant ties to the St. Louis are, so fwiw I think the St. Louis becomes the leagues fulcrum for leveraging for new stadiums ,not NEARLY as heavy a hammer .
What is more those metro areas between St.l and Jax in size are a sufficient number for a start up league ,something fans may scoff at but always a concern for the people who actually HAVE something to lose,cuz the NFL is all about dat monopoly boss.
Wouldn't it JUST BE sumthin else if Kroenke was thumbing his nose at the league because he was tired of them threatening to move franchises to LA as a threat to get these new stadiums built? Calling their bluff as it were, I'm willing to think outside the box on this since were all just spitballin here.

The current mistrust of the NFL is palpable, if I were a guy wanting to start a new league I can't remember a better moment

I like your point about St. Louis. I have written about that myself before. If St. Louis were left without an NFL team, it would become the largest metro in the US without a team (if Rams were to go to L.A., that is).

STL-Rams

Starter
You know, the older I get the more I seem to forget. And now I have to forget, again, the 2007-2011 seasons. Great article. I will always be a RAMS fan regardless where they are and their wins/losses. I have a good feeling about the upcoming season and many to come after. IT'S OUR TIME! GO RAMS!

Thank you, MTRamsFan. Appreciate that!

STL-Rams

Starter
I've been a Rams fan for over 50 years...I began as a beach bum in the very early 60s...It's way too late in my life to even think about changing my allegiance...I haven't and never will ...It didn't change when they left L.A. and it won't change if they return there...My only regret if it happens is that the good people of St. Louis don't deserve to be fucked over again...If this goes down, I think there is a real good chance they will never see another NFL team there..They deserve better...

Thanks for commenting and sharing your perspective. I will say this: if this stadium comes to fruition, the NFL will be here in one form or another.

STL-Rams

Starter
50 year fan as well, but in my mind, (GSOT notwithstanding), what the Rams have been since they moved to St Louis is divided into two eras.

Georgia, and Dumb and Dumber, the dumpster fire clusterfuck that was the Rams supposed management, and the post Georgia era, which we are in (a measly three years). So I really don't give a freak about the never ending stats about what Rams fans have had to endure during the Dark Ages.

And oh btw the way, the Rams were fortunate enough to draft 2, 2 and 1 in the last three years of the lottery that was the NFL draft back then. We are finally out of cap hell!

Three years guys, after literally decades of ineptitude. How about we give the new management ( which it actually is) a chance.

In other words, quit your goddamn whining bitches!:rockon:

(Last sentence in blue- don't know how to do that as part of a post).

Hopefully, they are about to turn the corner, VegasRam.

fearsomefour

Legend
Many cities -- STL, LA, etc -- have lost teams. With that, it is easy to think/believe the league doesn't care about those markets. Is that true? I would say that is up for debate.
Yeah, hard to say Shane.
Its an international product now that is driven by TV.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
You know, the older I get the more I seem to forget. And now I have to forget, again, the 2007-2011 seasons. Great article. I will always be a RAMS fan regardless where they are and their wins/losses. I have a good feeling about the upcoming season and many to come after. IT'S OUR TIME! GO RAMS!
I'd like to think that this year's team will be a playoff team and I would if this wasn't being looked on as a lame duck year by STL fans! Support at home means a lot to the team playing at home and it may not be there! :(

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
and having to hear from a third party that Cignetti is the new OC is just another way we are being run through the ringer.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Tell you what ... I'm tired of rehashing the past. It's not productive. Georgia, Shaw and Zygmunt are gone. Linehan is gone. Spags is gone. But Fisher, Snead and Demoff are here.

These are the dog-days of the offseason. Let's see if we can find some optimism.