Gray: Rams Fans Being Ran Through the Wringer (InsideSTL)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...-Rams-Fans-Being-Ran-Through-the-Wringer.aspx

Gray: St. Louis Rams Fans Being Ran Through the Wringer
Shane Gray

St. Louis Rams fans have increasingly been put through the proverbial wringer over the last few years -- and even moreso during the past few months as rampant relocation rumors have rumbled -- in a way that very few fanbases of any professional sports franchise ever have.

In regard to both on and off field issues and circumstances, the list of negatives that Rams Nation has been dealt during the past decade plus seems amost endless. When combining all the factors listed below, one could make a case that this ten year plus stretch has provided the worst overall product of any NFL team ever.

For example:

(I hope all has been well at ROD. I will have more on Monday re: the stadium situation. I hope you will enjoy the full read here):

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...-Rams-Fans-Being-Ran-Through-the-Wringer.aspx

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Excellent article. And a great summation of why it's tough to get excited about 2015.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks, Shane.

No doubt it's tough being a Rams fan these days.

But, got to follow it all through.

For a lot of us, we've dedicated decades of our blood, sweat and tears to this frachise.

Kind of hard to stop now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow, a sobering read that really drives home the pain of the last 20 years. What an oasis the GSOT was....just enough nourishment to keeps us suckers alive for another 20 years I guess. Thanks again for the great work Shane.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great article as usual Shane. It DOES piss me off when anyone disses a fan base when they really have been shown almost no respect. The St Louis fans have demonstrated tremendous support for a really dismal product.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have always berated columnists for holding Kroenke responsible for the winning record or lack thereof previous to his majority ownership, on the other hand the record and the product it took to produce it is fairly presented here. No matter who has owned this team the overall product has been well below what loyalty it has been recipient of .
When Bidwell moved his team he did it out of economic reality that he could not compete in an uncapped league, with free agency, never has the inability to compete been an issue for the Rams ,at least not here, if they move it will affirm every charge of greed made against present ownership and FWIW it will be difficult to continue to support this team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
During the last ten years, the Rams have won less than 31 percent of their contests.

- St. Louis has not posted a winning record since 2003.

- The Rams have not made the playoffs since 2004.

What kind of a masochist sticks with a team like this? Well there's me and the rest of you, lol.

Btw let's not let this thread become entered on relocation or it will need to be merged with the humongous relocation sticky thread.

1zof1jo.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
Just curious if Shane still thinks the Rams are staying?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't care how bad you beat me Shane I'm NEVER giving up!!!!! LOL

I mean I knew it has been bad an yes I have endured that long suffering bug of Ram-fandom long before Georgia ever put the screws to LA and put such a crappy product out that not many cared when they left. But seeing it written makes you have to wonder WHY AM I STILL HERE????

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Gray: St. Louis Rams Fans Being Ran Through the Wringer
Shane Gray

St. Louis Rams fans have increasingly been put through the proverbial wringer over the last few years -- and even moreso during the past few months as rampant relocation rumors have rumbled -- in a way that very few fanbases of any professional sports franchise ever have.

In regard to both on and off field issues and circumstances, the list of negatives that Rams Nation has been dealt during the past decade plus seems amost endless. When combining all the factors listed below, one could make a case that this ten year plus stretch has provided the worst overall product of any NFL team ever.

For example:

(I hope all has been well at ROD. I will have more on Monday re: the stadium situation. I hope you will enjoy the full read here):

Another good article Shane. Thank you.
Yes, it's been tough to be a Rams fan for quite some time now.
I'm tired of it too......

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Forgot how bad we really were. I believe we are turning the corner. Only team to beat both of last years Super bowl teams this year.

New avatar. You like?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sorry, but I don't think NFL HQ gives a damn about the city of StL or the StL fanbase.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Sorry, but I don't think NFL HQ gives a damn about the city of StL or the StL fanbase.

....just like they didn't care about the city of Los Angeles or the LA fan base 20 years ago?

fearsomefour

Legend
Its true I am sure.
I doubt the CEO of Subway cares more about one franchise than another.
The NFL has not been in LA in approaching a quarter of a century, so, there obviously is not a ton of care there either.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Well put, Shane @STL-Rams . Being a Rams fan these last 20 years hasn't been THAT bad, but mostly because of the GSOT years. Being a Rams fan since 2004 (when they last made the playoffs), yeah, that's been pretty miserable. You could throw out a few more tidbits about the coaching and QB carousel, the unfulfilled promise of Sam Bradford, but that would only dilute the message of the overall level of futility.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
....just like they didn't care about the city of Los Angeles or the LA fan base 20 years ago?
I'd guess they care less about the LA fan base than the market itself. They did however vote against the move out of LA. It took the threat of losing a $2.2 Billion lawsuit to change their minds. But the Subway analogy hits the nail on the head IMO.

paceram

Pro Bowler
During the last ten years, the Rams have won less than 31 percent of their contests.

- St. Louis has not posted a winning record since 2003.

- The Rams have not made the playoffs since 2004.

What kind of a masochist sticks with a team like this? Well there's me and the rest of you, lol.

Btw let's not let this thread become entered on relocation or it will need to be merged with the humongous relocation sticky thread.

1zof1jo.jpg

One of my all-time favorite movies!