Gray/InsideSTL: Foles Taking Charge and Earning Praise With Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think the pressure is on Foles, we just need him to be good at his role (granted which is hard). But I guess it's not a team built solely to succeed on the play of the QB.

Oh and.... I love this quote;

"And just think, once he gets this offense down, and once we all get this offense down -- it’s going to be cake, man," Cook added. "It’s going to be cake. And that’s how it’s supposed to be."

Nice piece, Shane.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's something Bradford never did . His body language left a lot to be desired .

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hell, he could be out of the NFL if he flops in 2015....

Very unlikely. Even shit QBs find a way to be backups. Just ask Colt McCoy, Michael Vick, Mark Sanchez, the Mcowns, etc to name a few. Foles is better then nearly every backup QB in the league. He flops this year, he will be given a cheap deal as a backup if not another chance to start somewhere.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hey Shane, thanks for posting the article. Hope all is well with you and yours.

As to the article, man, the effusive praise that's being heaped on Nick Foles is more than I expected even this time of year when the Kool-Aid usually flows freely. Don't want to think there's more to it than positive reinforcement for a new player but it makes me wonder.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Shane (@STL-Rams),

Do you think that all of this positive feedback on Foles' is at all a reflection on Sam's manner? I'm just curious if Sam's low key demanor was an issue, ableit an unspoken one.

Thanks again for the great reporting.

Ram65

Legend
We know that Foles is a Football Guy with leadership ability. I worry more about the other skill players knowing where to be. There should be no excuses for not knowing plays, stupid penalties and lack of concentration from the skill players. The young offensive line will make mistakes but, I hope they learn quickly. It's early but nice to see the players rallying around Foles and Foles being a vocal type leader. Hope he pumps some life into the offense. Nice read about the early Foles impressions Shane.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Pressure is always on a QB...Especially in a contract year...Hell, he could be out of the NFL if he flops in 2015....

Foles could go without playing a single snap and still get more money than he's making this year. Brady Quinn has a 5yr 20million dollar deal and he hasn't done squat. I think the Rams should extend Foles contract before his asking price goes through the roof personally.

Alan

Legend
STL-Rams with stuff about Foles:
Stuff.
Thanks for that Shane.

I'm optimistic that Foles will work out for us. If we can keep him upright.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Nice article man.
If Nick Foles plays at even a Tannehill or Matt Ryan level(although I hope he plays better, i have no doubt that he can) we will make it to the wild card.
If our OL takes care of Foles, Foles will take care of the rest.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shane - @STL-Rams excellent read and I for one find Foles a refreshing change in many ways. He's one of the guys and many Eagle fans felt one of his greatest qualities was his resilience and his ability to make plays when the game was on the line.

The Rams did the right thing in making this deal and I feel they have their Field General for the next decade or so....Again as always thank you sir!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Thanks for the positive yet down to earth, realistic report...We all appreciate it very much...Your writing style is very refreshing for me, especially after having to endure so many of the "talking heads"...Most of them seem to be nothing more than cliche machines and seem to have very little idea of what's going on...Thanks again...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey Shane, thanks for posting the article. Hope all is well with you and yours.

As to the article, man, the effusive praise that's being heaped on Nick Foles is more than I expected even this time of year when the Kool-Aid usually flows freely. Don't want to think there's more to it than positive reinforcement for a new player but it makes me wonder.

As long as after he throws his 1st INT, missing the wr by 5 yards, the team doesn't put a presser out saying manu ran the wrong route. Then we'll know there isn't more going on.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pressure is always on a QB...Especially in a contract year...Hell, he could be out of the NFL if he flops in 2015....

Fair enough.

My point being he's not got to be Aaron Rodgers for this team to succeed.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think the pressure is on Foles, we just need him to be good at his role (granted which is hard). But I guess it's not a team built solely to succeed on the play of the QB.

Oh and.... I love this quote;

"And just think, once he gets this offense down, and once we all get this offense down -- it’s going to be cake, man," Cook added. "It’s going to be cake. And that’s how it’s supposed to be."

Nice piece, Shane.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. It's been awhile.. hope you are doing well.

Extremely well put on Foles: it's not a team built solely to succeed (or fail) based on the play of the QB. Agreed 100%.

STL-Rams

Starter
That's something Bradford never did . His body language left a lot to be desired .

As for body langage, at times, I would agree -- although that certainly wasn't something unique. Many QBs fail to exude what many would consider to be reassuring/confident/determined, etc body language when they and/or team are struggling.

STL-Rams

Starter

Very good point: there is always pressure on a QB. I think CGI was simply trying to suggest that -- with what should be a very formidable defense -- Foles should not have the pressure on to lead the offense to a 25+ points per game average like some QBs need to do with some teams to win consistently.

In the NFL, every player on every roster has pressure, of course. Moreso at the starting QB spot than many, though.

Side note: Foles is going to be around the league for awhile, regardless of how 2015 turns out.

STL-Rams

Starter
Very unlikely. Even crap QBs find a way to be backups. Just ask Colt McCoy, Michael Vick, Mark Sanchez, the Mcowns, etc to name a few. Foles is better then nearly every backup QB in the league. He flops this year, he will be given a cheap deal as a backup if not another chance to start somewhere.

As I mentioned in response to LACHAMP46, I would agree with you. Foles will be in the league next year even if 2015 were to go poorly.