1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade our draft so far.

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Rams and Gators, May 9, 2014.

1. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,489,240.67
    Name:
    The Dude
    That grade was given because the guy didn't like the pick and thought the Rams should take someone at a different position. He specifically mentioned Watson. That grade wasn't given because he's an average player. How are you doling out your grades? On the selection (position, slot, both) or the perceived talent-level of the player? That might clear things up (or make it worse. lol)
  2. bluecoconuts

bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,504,063.12
    I think a lot of people are way into Watkins because of the flash factor, but the games start and end with the lines, and we needed to fix those issues. Anyone remember the crap we rolled out onto the field during the Bulger years? Start of Bradford's career? Sam has had nearly 30 different guys play on the line right? Or is it 30 different combinations of lines? Either way, that's far too much instability to be able to pass up a great player on the line because a receiver is flashy.
    rhinobean likes this.
  3. Yamahopper

Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,224,979.84
    A+.
    Took the second best player in the draft at #2 right where he should have been.
    Donald was a gift @13. I had him as 5th bpa in the draft.
    Other teams had to let him slide for him to be there for the but the Rams had the brains to jump on him. Kudos for that.
    rhinobean likes this.
  4. Angry Ram

Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Credit:
    $3,451,003.08
    Incomplete. The only gear they even received was a hat. And Aaron Donald didn't even get that last night.
  5. Boffo97

Boffo97 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $787,678.65
    Name:
    Dave
    From what I read, it was given because we already had tackles, but didn't have a #1 WR. That's a valid argument.

The Rams seem content to go the guard now, tackle maybe later route, and that's a valid way of doing things. But I can understand where Walter is coming from on this.
  6. Yamahopper

Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,224,979.84
    If something happened to Brockers or Langford why not in goal line or short yardage situ's. He would be hard to move at his size.
  7. Tailback

Tailback Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,101,814.31
    Name:
    Taco Jones
    I give them an A. I read that the Rams wanted the CB Gilbert but he was taken just before their #13 pick. They went with their board and took the DT that many people called a top 5 talent.
  8. iced

iced Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $4,007,345.30
    same reason - watkins, matthews, hell even khalil mack are better prospects imo
  9. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,489,240.67
    Name:
    The Dude
    Gotcha. It's all good.
  10. JYB

JYB New Member

Credit:
    $2,735,628.71
    A+ for getting top rated OT, top rated DT and for not forcing picks based on need, which is how teams stay mediocre.
    rhinobean and Alan like this.
  11. Sum1BTRthnU

Sum1BTRthnU Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,775,551.45
    Not the way I would have gone, but they have knocked it out of the park. 4 Impact players through 3 rounds. YES!

A+
    Alan and rhinobean like this.
  12. BeerOClock

BeerOClock Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $35,261.20
    You're listening to the wrong people.

He needs work on his pass protection--everyone says he could start at LT immediately. Can't you see the disconnect here? Kony Ealy got crushed by Robinson on runs, but easily ran past him on pass plays. Just think what JJ Watt would do.

I think Robinson is a very solid pick, but a little bit of a reach for #2. If it weren't for the fact that he will be a great plug in at Guard, you have Boudreau coaching him up and he's very athletic for his size, I'd say it was a terrible pick. It fills a need and he'll be a great player for the Rams in time.
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  13. Angry Ram

Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Credit:
    $3,451,003.08
    It's still incomplete for me. But I really, really like the Lamarcus Joyner pick. I didn't know much about him, but after reading his interview and learning about his play style...looks like the Rams drafted a real bully of a player with him. With him in the nickel, looks like the Rams CBs are set.

Tre Mason was a good pick too. Surprised he was the 4th or 5th RB taken, but who knows. Him and Zac Stacy is gonna be an awesome combo to watch.

All in all I liked today's better than round 1, and overall the Rams are doing a great job. Just hope they live up to all these "grades" come October, November, etc.
  14. 69superbowl

69superbowl New Member

Credit:
    $2,740,037.03
    A A A C

3.5 - solid B, maybe a touch better.
  15. Memento

Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Credit:
    $98,178.45
    Name:
    Mem
    Still a solid A for me. I loved the Joyner pick. Even got my dad to come around on it, and he's usually against drafting smaller players. And Tre Mason, who was probably my number two back, and a guy I expected to go in the second round falling to us in the third? That gets an A from me. We're going to be rotating three running backs, guys who go hard on every play, yet still have different styles (Stacy the bowling ball knocking down a strike, Mason the greased seal in water, and Cunningham the hammer against the anvil). I love this draft so far.
  16. OnceARam

OnceARam Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,331,731.16
    What's done is done. It's time to climb on board the Rams train.
    rhinobean likes this.
  17. OnceARam

OnceARam Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,331,731.16
    Are you ever going to get over Watkins?
  18. Oyster

Oyster New Member

Credit:
    $5,840.43
    I'd give it an A. It's been a solid draft so far and I see all of our picks making an immediate contribution.
  19. rhinobean

rhinobean Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $435,994.95
    Probably not until there are results for him to digest. BPA in a position of need is what Robinson is. A!
  20. SaneRamsFan

SaneRamsFan Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,185,176.42
    Football is a team sport and when giving a grade on a drafted player I try to look at how and if that guy improves 1) the unit he plays on 2)the side of the ball he plays on 3) the team and lastly how the guy performs iindividually. And sorry but I am old school and I look at if the guy carries himself with some measure of class and dignity.
    A plus for the Rams so far.