Grade our draft so far.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
We drafted the best, according to consensus of all the experts, offensive and defensive tackles in the draft. It aint sexy but boys, NFL games are still won at the point of attack and we just got two athletic freaks with high motors and zero character issues. It's an A++

iced

naysayer (n.) - one who denies, refuses, opposes, or is skeptical or cynical about something

Lol I don't care - you think his pass blocking isn't an issue, I think it is. You can call me a naysayer all you want - but in reality it's actually called a disagreement.

I'll bet you $1000 ROD dollars he leads the team in Holding

fearsomefour

Legend
A. Value for the picks.
I preferred Matthews but Robinson was pretty the consensus #1 T. Having Robinson slid in at G gives the Rams a potentially dominating line and that is where it all starts. Having a legit inside passrush makes Quinn and Long even more dangerous.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Nobody is saying that Robinson is a polished pass blocker, but that was never what he was asked to do. Anybody saying he CANT pass block is not being objective. He is a freakishly gifted athlete and once he starts his program of NFL coaching and training, there is absolutely no doubt he will excel at pass blocking as well. If they (Rams organization) had any doubts about that whatsoever they would never have taken him. And frankly I trust these guys a little more than the group who chose that guy with the initials JS

safak

Game-Wrecker
Name
safak
i just read an article on day 1 winners and losers.

their #1 loser was 'NFC West Quarterbacks' and i agree.
A+

jjab360

Legend
Lol I don't care - you think his pass blocking isn't an issue, I think it is. You can call me a naysayer all you want - but in reality it's actually called a disagreement.
You said you hate the pick, that is the literal definition of a naysayer as I just showed.

And I never said his pass blocking wasn't an issue, but it's an issue that can be masked while we play him in the interior and he works on his technique in the meantime. I said it back when I watched my first few Robinson games, Fisher said it yesterday in the post draft interview. He might have inconsistent footwork and hand placement to play out on an island right now, but inside where he can just bully guys around in a phonebooth, he could be an ever better OG than Saffold right away.

If Bou can make Barry Richardson and Wayne friggin Hunter look like decent OTs, I have no doubts that he can get this kid ready in no time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jason Smith is not Robinson. They are two different players. People have been talking about how Robinson is the best LT prospect to come out in a long time. Coach Boudreau, months before we drafted him, compared him to Orlando Pace. Look at what Boudreau had to work with and what he was able to do with them. Just think about what he could turn Robinson into. Yes, he might start out at guard or RT, but in 5 years, when he's an All-Pro LT and an anchor for a dominant offense what will you think then? Will you still be comparing him to Jason Smith?

Boudrea saw Smith first hand. I'm pretty sure he knows if Robinson compares in any way to him. And if he did the rams wouldn't have chosen him, they would have ran the other way.

fearsomefour

Legend
There's a poll at the side of the page but I'd be interested in a bit more detail behind people's reasoning.

I'd give it a C+, we came into day 1 with 3 big needs, CB, FS, WR we go into day 2 with 3 big needs, CB, FS, WR. We did add 2 really nice players but I'm not sure how many games they help us win.

If we can land one of my top 2 WRs and one of my top FSs tonight then I'll be bump up the overall grade to a B+.
I don't see how a guy who would probably be a nickel back or a WR who would have to leapfrog several guys to get time is going to help get wins more than a guy who fills a need and is on the field for every play on O like Robinson.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm calling it an "A" purely because I believe we DO have the talent in our roster already that are equal to what was on offer yesterday - to me Robinson IS going to be an impact player for us.

In one day our O & D lines look formidable:

Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

and as for our D-Line
Long
Robinson (Edit: I meant to write Donald! I didn't get that much sleep last night!)
Brockers
Quinn

(Watkins was a WIBNI call in my mind, but we had pressing needs at other areas, I think the FO did the right thing)

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
I'm calling it an "A" purely because I believe we DO have the talent in our roster already that are equal to what was on offer yesterday - to me Robinson IS going to be an impact player for us.

In one day our O & D lines look formidable:

Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

and as for our D-Line
Long
Robinson
Brockers
Quinn

(Watkins was a WIBNI call in my mind, but we had pressing needs at other areas, I think the FO did the right thing)
Woah, Robinson playing on the O and D-lines. :eek:

iced

You said you hate the pick, that is the literal definition of a naysayer as I just showed.

And I never said his pass blocking wasn't an issue, but it's an issue that can be masked while we play him in the interior and he works on his technique in the meantime. I said it back when I watched my first few Robinson games, Fisher said it yesterday in the post draft interview. He might have inconsistent footwork and hand placement to play out on an island right now, but inside where he can just bully guys around in a phonebooth, he could be an ever better OG than Saffold right away.

If Bou can make Barry Richardson and Wayne friggin Hunter look like decent OTs, I have no doubts that he can get this kid ready in no time.

Lol I just think its funny that you associate me as a naysayer because I disagree or share a different opinion.

Until I see him in the pre-season at the least, I'm gonna hate the pick. He also is over aggressive and tends to let guys get inside his pads. I love him for the run game, but everytime they drop back to pass I'm gonna cringe lol

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
AW CRAP guys give it up, I too was hoping we'd end up with Matthews and I'm not sure we didn't draft a guy who we'll put at left guard and never move him ,but it's undeniable we drafted the best athlete at the position ,let's show some respect

69superbowl

Rookie
A - Pure and simple. Got the two best guys at their position. Two guys who will play a lot year one. The Rams owned the line of scrimmage yesterday. Keep your toy receivers, nickel DBs and back up QBs. I'll take football players every time. Would have given a bunch of points to move back into the 1st for Zach Martin. Guess the NFL didn't want the Rams to get too good, too fast.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Whiners reached.

With Robinson and Saffold the Rams have potentially the best pair of G getting to the second level....translation? Plenty of chunk runs for Stacy.
This will be more beneficial to Bradford and the passing game than yet another WR.