1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade our draft so far.

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Rams and Gators, May 9, 2014.

1. jjab360 Well-Known Member

naysayer (n.) - one who denies, refuses, opposes, or is skeptical or cynical about something

Alan likes this.
  2. SaneRamsFan Well-Known Member

We drafted the best, according to consensus of all the experts, offensive and defensive tackles in the draft. It aint sexy but boys, NFL games are still won at the point of attack and we just got two athletic freaks with high motors and zero character issues. It's an A++

Alan, Faceplant and PhxRam like this.
  3. iced Well-Known Member

Lol I don't care - you think his pass blocking isn't an issue, I think it is. You can call me a naysayer all you want - but in reality it's actually called a disagreement.

I'll bet you $1000 ROD dollars he leads the team in Holding

4. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

I see you two made some headway since last night.. :D

iced likes this.
  5. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

A. Value for the picks.
    I preferred Matthews but Robinson was pretty the consensus #1 T. Having Robinson slid in at G gives the Rams a potentially dominating line and that is where it all starts. Having a legit inside passrush makes Quinn and Long even more dangerous.

Alan, rhinobean and BonifayRam like this.
  6. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Sounds like you listen to Jon Gruden too much

7. SaneRamsFan Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying that Robinson is a polished pass blocker, but that was never what he was asked to do. Anybody saying he CANT pass block is not being objective. He is a freakishly gifted athlete and once he starts his program of NFL coaching and training, there is absolutely no doubt he will excel at pass blocking as well. If they (Rams organization) had any doubts about that whatsoever they would never have taken him. And frankly I trust these guys a little more than the group who chose that guy with the initials JS

rhinobean likes this.
  8. safak Game-Wrecker

i just read an article on day 1 winners and losers.

their #1 loser was 'NFC West Quarterbacks' and i agree.
    A+

Alan, PowayRamFan and Slappy967 like this.
  9. jjab360 Well-Known Member

You said you hate the pick, that is the literal definition of a naysayer as I just showed.

And I never said his pass blocking wasn't an issue, but it's an issue that can be masked while we play him in the interior and he works on his technique in the meantime. I said it back when I watched my first few Robinson games, Fisher said it yesterday in the post draft interview. He might have inconsistent footwork and hand placement to play out on an island right now, but inside where he can just bully guys around in a phonebooth, he could be an ever better OG than Saffold right away.

If Bou can make Barry Richardson and Wayne friggin Hunter look like decent OTs, I have no doubts that he can get this kid ready in no time.

10. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

Boudrea saw Smith first hand. I'm pretty sure he knows if Robinson compares in any way to him. And if he did the rams wouldn't have chosen him, they would have ran the other way.

11. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

I don't see how a guy who would probably be a nickel back or a WR who would have to leapfrog several guys to get time is going to help get wins more than a guy who fills a need and is on the field for every play on O like Robinson.

12. rhinobean Well-Known Member

He lost that tenacity with the concussions he suffered! He was a good pick. Just didn't turn out as planned!

13. shaunpinney Well-Known Member

I'm calling it an "A" purely because I believe we DO have the talent in our roster already that are equal to what was on offer yesterday - to me Robinson IS going to be an impact player for us.

In one day our O & D lines look formidable:

Long
    Robinson
    Wells
    Saffold
    Barksdale

and as for our D-Line
    Long
    Robinson (Edit: I meant to write Donald! I didn't get that much sleep last night!)
    Brockers
    Quinn

(Watkins was a WIBNI call in my mind, but we had pressing needs at other areas, I think the FO did the right thing)

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    rhinobean likes this.
  14. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Woah, Robinson playing on the O and D-lines. :eek:

15. iced Well-Known Member

never listen to that guy - he loves everyone

16. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Why the hell not, he's got to earn that number 2 pick ;).

Alan likes this.
  17. iced Well-Known Member

Lol I just think its funny that you associate me as a naysayer because I disagree or share a different opinion.

Until I see him in the pre-season at the least, I'm gonna hate the pick. He also is over aggressive and tends to let guys get inside his pads. I love him for the run game, but everytime they drop back to pass I'm gonna cringe lol

18. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

AW CRAP guys give it up, I too was hoping we'd end up with Matthews and I'm not sure we didn't draft a guy who we'll put at left guard and never move him ,but it's undeniable we drafted the best athlete at the position ,let's show some respect

Alan, Memento and rhinobean like this.
  19. 69superbowl Well-Known Member

A - Pure and simple. Got the two best guys at their position. Two guys who will play a lot year one. The Rams owned the line of scrimmage yesterday. Keep your toy receivers, nickel DBs and back up QBs. I'll take football players every time. Would have given a bunch of points to move back into the 1st for Zach Martin. Guess the NFL didn't want the Rams to get too good, too fast.

Alan and Faceplant like this.
  20. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

The Whiners reached.

With Robinson and Saffold the Rams have potentially the best pair of G getting to the second level....translation? Plenty of chunk runs for Stacy.
    This will be more beneficial to Bradford and the passing game than yet another WR.

Alan, Faceplant and shaunpinney like this.