Gotta Share some PICS and STORIES from the Game in Jax

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With your blessing, do you mind if I share your selfie & story with my Rams friends on Facebook? Thanks for the great story & photos! Great to see everyone.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, great story and great pics!! I don't know why I didn't post pics when I went to the DAL game... so here are some now.

You did it up right, man!!

@Selassie I...Hey, did you mention ROD to the wives?

Not to the wives. Well not exactly... I did tell them that I was going to be posting it on the best Ram site on the net though. They had no interest in that. LOL

I did however mention it to Big Rob's Dad after the game. I saw this giant mountain of a man with a Ram shirt on and a red Wisconsin ball cap. I knew he had to be Rob's relative. So I said "Big Rob?... Big Rob's Pops?". Then he got a huge smile and stuck his huge mit of a hand out for me. It was his Pops. We talked for a few... and he is very familiar with our site. Very cool.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
With your blessing, do you mind if I share your selfie & story with my Rams friends on Facebook? Thanks for the great story & photos! Great to see everyone.

No problemo Brudda. Thanks for asking.

Hopefully my mug shot doesn't break Facebook.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice.

I was at that stadium once.
Pretty awesome place.

Of course once Stan builds his Xanadu, Jerry's going to develop a serious case of Stadium envy and want to outdo him.
Thanks... then you know it's worth making going to a Rams game in DAL as a "destination".

There's tons of things to do here and the stadium truly is a wonder. Pictures do not do it justice. They do tours of it (I took my family when they came down here one year) and it's really interesting how the thing was designed and built. If anyone is so inclined next time the Rams play here, I highly recommend the trip and would be glad to make recommendations (where to stay, eat, etc.)

It always amazes me about Jerruh.. .of course, I hear him constantly... you probably hear enough of him too... he just comes off as such a buffoon... my mind almost explodes when I try to reconcile what comes out of his mouth with how successful he's been.
It just doesn't compute.
But, gotta hand it to him... he's one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) owners in the NFL and a successful businessman who was daring enough to build that stadium.
BTW... one thing that does reconcile is how active that place is... I think he has some revenue producing event in there every weekend of the year... and man is a great marketer... he just talks like an idiot.

I plan on getting out to The Coliseum next year and then attend a game in Ingelwood when that is complete.

…..

Legend
Very cool, I ran into his friend at the Jacksonville Tavern right outside the stadium before the game. Lots of Ram fans there. He had a sick Ram hat that I hadn't seen before and he told me Gerald gave it to him. He said Gerald family and friends were there from Atlanta and that Gerald told him that they were looking to get him more involved. Good plan and nice touchdown. Great game and great time.
sweet!, I peeped that spot on the internet so I went down there too about 11 o'clock just to check it. Parking was kinda crazy....as in there was no parking lot and the street was forbidden, forcing everyone into the pay lots so I didn't get to stop.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BTW... one thing that does reconcile is how active that place is... I think he has some revenue producing event in there every weekend of the year... and man is a great marketer... he just talks like an idiot.

This is why owners that can build their own stadium build one.

The revenues generated are in the hundreds of millions of dollars per year. It's become staggering the amount of money stadiums can make. A concert that sells 50,000 tickets can bring in 3MIL just in food and beverage sales and that's not counting parking and other revenues. Add that in and it can reach 5MIL or even more. Imagine a concert that sells 80,000 or 100,000.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is why owners that can build their own stadium build one.

The revenues generated are in the hundreds of millions of dollars per year. It's become staggering the amount of money stadiums can make. A concert that sells 50,000 tickets can bring in 3MIL just in food and beverage sales and that's not counting parking and other revenues. Add that in and it can reach 5MIL or even more. Imagine a concert that sells 80,000 or 100,000.
Yup... saw U2 there a few months back... placed had to be booked completely (guessing in excess of 90K).

BTW... the sound in there for a concert is TERRIBLE.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Awesome post! I was just thinking....this is the guy that fishes with Sap...
Anyway,,, whenever we were on defense I could hear the little girl asking her Mom "where's Daddy" and stuff like "did Daddy get him?" Finally in around the 3rd quarter,,, I couldn't stand it anymore and I just had to ask Mom ... OK Who's Daddy?, I have to know!

She said Aaron... Aaron Donald.

She definitely has a resemblance to daddy Donald. That's pretty awesome.

my God Aaron's Daughter looks just like her Daddy and the fact she could not sit still is not her fault, it's in her DNA.
Man! Took the words right out of my mouth.

I have often wondered....what is it with LA and fans...When we grew up, we didn't like the opponents fans, but we weren't crazy...I always remember how the Dodger fan seemed to change....even the Rams fan....but I really remember the Raider fan attitude...they just wouldn't be nice to opponents fans......When you go out of town...it's not like that...well, the places I've been...San Diego and Az....but they really appreciate fans from other towns....perhaps tailgating has brought people together....but it's nice to go to the stadium early...meet the opposing fans...nothing like I remember.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good stuff man. Looks like you guys had another great game experience.

But.... Why so serious. :p
20171015_190041.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK... one more thing I forgot to post.

We always turn on the local sports radio call-in shows when we are driving home from the game. The listening is just so fantastic after the Rams win. So our ride back to Orlando was very entertaining.

There was one particular Jax caller that was absolutely livid about something. Basically, this is what this guy was saying... He told the hosts that he has some extremely upsetting news to share with all of Jacksonville. Apparently this guy was up in the owner's suite. He is ranting like a mad man at this point.

He proceeds to tell everyone that what he just witnessed was the most disrespectful thing he has ever seen. He says... "Maurice Jones-Drew just walked into the owner's box and basically gave Jacksonville and Khan a giant F-you". The hosts were like WHAT... WTF did he do???

So the caller then says... "Maurice just walked into Khan's box wearing a Los Angeles Rams polo!!!".

There was a long pause.

Then the caller starts ranting on about the extreme disrespect... blah... blah ... blah...

That's when the hosts cut in on the caller and tell him... "Dude,,, Maurice works for the Rams doing radio broadcasts now! Of course he's wearing something with the LA Rams on it."

Another long pause...

BTW... @Ramrasta and I are in tears with laughter. Literal tears.

The caller then starts in saying that it was STILL a huge slap in our faces... blah blah.

The hosts finally cut him off and talked shit about the caller for a few minutes and spoke highly of Maurice after what the caller had said about him.

Award winning radio as far as we were concerned. We were so disappointed when the radio station faded out around the time we got down to St Augustine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hahahahaha

I hate posing for pics. One of my biggest pet peeves.
I know. I just had to flick you shit over it. Wish I could have been there with you and T and the rest of the undesirables. Looks like you had a blast.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Thanks... then you know it's worth making going to a Rams game in DAL as a "destination".

There's tons of things to do here and the stadium truly is a wonder. Pictures do not do it justice. They do tours of it (I took my family when they came down here one year) and it's really interesting how the thing was designed and built. If anyone is so inclined next time the Rams play here, I highly recommend the trip and would be glad to make recommendations (where to stay, eat, etc.)

It always amazes me about Jerruh.. .of course, I hear him constantly... you probably hear enough of him too... he just comes off as such a buffoon... my mind almost explodes when I try to reconcile what comes out of his mouth with how successful he's been.
It just doesn't compute.
But, gotta hand it to him... he's one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) owners in the NFL and a successful businessman who was daring enough to build that stadium.

I plan on getting out to The Coliseum next year and then attend a game in Ingelwood when that is complete.

Jerry is a master marketer and salesman, and the key to that is his sincerity.

He's not terribly "polished". Not sophisticated.

But he believes everything that he says and then backs it with full commitment.

An event every week? Full commitment to success so that his football team has a chance at success.

He gave $11 million to the University of Arkansas for an athletic academics center that is incredible.

Commitment. Sincerity.

Not what he says, what the man does.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maurice works for the Rams doing radio broadcasts now
Question:
Why is he a Rams announcer? (was he at the station before the Rams moved to town?)

I much prefer Farr... I've listened to ESPN710 and Drew doesn't impress me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Question:
Why is he a Rams announcer? (was he at the station before the Rams moved to town?)

I much prefer Farr... I've listened to ESPN710 and Drew doesn't impress me.

I don't know. Sorry.

I did see Farr at the game and said hello to him. He was on the sideline with the team several times during the game.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I know. I just had to flick you crap over it. Wish I could have been there with you and T and the rest of the undesirables. Looks like you had a blast.

We'll make it happen again soon enough!

Well,,, not really soon enough. Looking forward to it though.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Okay I got to share this story;
I drove my sons Honda Civic down to Jacksonville (for the gas mileage of course).

At about 2 in the morning after we closed down the Jacksonville Landing,
We had 5 people, 6 total that needed to get back to the Lexington on the other side of the river.
The only way I could figure out how to get everybody over there was to put four people in the backseat. RamHusker up front while I drove.
Let's just say that nobody in the backseat was "small".
One of them was a female and the guys range between 6' and 6' 4.
We didn't make it far before the inebriated people started cramping up.
Ram Husker was in no state to give any directions and seemed pretty comfortable up front so he could care less how long we drove around lost.
I decided to use the GPS on my phone and we made it there about 15 minutes later.
We pulled up to the Lexington and Ram Husker first got the attention of a couple of beautiful women standing there with a hoot or holler and then insisted that we were at the wrong place so I drove past the entrance only to pull back around to the entrance where the girls were standing.
Ram Husker didn't want to get out of the car for some reason but the guys in the back were pushing and shoving and trying to get some air.
I came around and opened up the door and Ram Husker got out whereas the guys in the backseat literally started rolling out and collapsing at the front of the Lexington with the two girls just laughing their ass off.

It resembled a clown car pulling up with 50 clowns getting out.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Selassie I... best post, pictures, and story of the year!!!! Awesome. And Aaron Donald's daughter looks just like him - lol! Thanks for sharing.