Gotta love nfl network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Hype a football life ladanien tomlinson and first. 12 mins was joe flacco till they finally realized their mistake and switched tapes

moklerman

Warner-phile
Re: Gotta love nfl network

I suppose everyone knew it was going to happen but I actually used to really like the NFLN and thought it was "different" than ESPN. It took a a couple of years but they've completely disproved that.

It's going to save me money after the season because I'm not going to pay extra to keep getting NFLN in the offseason.

lockdnram21

Legend

Rabid Ram said:
Hype a football life ladanien tomlinson and first. 12 mins was joe flacco till they finally realized their mistake and switched tapes

What do u mean by hype a football life?

Psycho_X

Legend

moklerman said:
I suppose everyone knew it was going to happen but I actually used to really like the NFLN and thought it was "different" than ESPN. It took a a couple of years but they've completely disproved that.

It's going to save me money after the season because I'm not going to pay extra to keep getting NFLN in the offseason.

Agreed completely. I had hope the NFL network would actually cover the NFL as a whole. But it's more of the same.... RG3 knee, Tebow talk, Sanchez talk over and over again with some Cowboys, Patriots, New York teams news spread out with some 2 minute blurbs about other teams here and there.

I wouldn't pay for it if I didn't get an awesome deal with free sunday ticket that just happens to have it in it. But if my contract renegotiation ever comes down to dropping to a lower bracket at the expense of it I wouldn't blink twice dropping it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Psycho_X said:
moklerman said:

Agreed completely. I had hope the NFL network would actually cover the NFL as a whole. But it's more of the same.... RG3 knee, Tebow talk, Sanchez talk over and over again with some Cowboys, Patriots, New York teams news spread out with some 2 minute blurbs about other teams here and there.

I wouldn't pay for it if I didn't get an awesome deal with free sunday ticket that just happens to have it in it. But if my contract renegotiation ever comes down to dropping to a lower bracket at the expense of it I wouldn't blink twice dropping it.
Gotta cater to the big markets and bandwagon fans if you want advertisers to put their money up, and all of that is determined by the Nielsen Ratings. Same thing over and over again. WHEN the Rams become that powerhouse, they'll dominate the airwaves again too. Just a matter of time.

y2joey

UDFA

I remember a couple of years ago it aired the Rams/Titans Super Bowl and I DVR'd the game. Around close to the halftime mark, it went to a commercial for a couple of minutes and then went into an NFL Top 10 episode, about 6 minutes into that it went to an ad and returned with an episode of "America's Game" about the 2000 Ravens, that lasted like 20 minutes I want to say before it went to black, then a commercial, then resumed airing the Rams/Titans game in the 4th Quarter of the game.

Then another time I was watching a Top 10 and toward the end of the broadcast the screen went black for 5 minutes and at the end of the 5, you heard a soundbyte of Butthead saying, "This feed sucks"

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lockdnram21 said:
Rabid Ram said:

What do u mean by hype a football life?
A football life is a show on nfl network and they spent what seemed almost 2 weeks hyping " talking it up" and talked it up all day the day it aired all the way up to the minute it started they were like ladanien tomlinsons a football life starts now went black and boom joe flacco

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I was looking forward to that and was confused as shit. I just thought they screwed up my guide and maybe it was on another night. I ended up turning it back on about half way thru.

FRO

Legend

Hate the network is going the way of ESPN. Their draft coverage was bad. Forcing Teo updates and Jets updates. Even Mayock and Jeramiah complained about it when they thought their mics were killed.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

moklerman
I wish I could tell you I love your posts but I only see the girl with the hula hoop

moklerman

Warner-phile

rdlkgliders said:
moklerman
I wish I could tell you I love your posts but I only see the girl with the hula hoop
I wish the girl with the hula hoop was in more than just my posts. :)

Sum1

Hall of Fame

I was pretty excited when I switched to DirecTV and got NFL Network included in my package for less than what I was paying Uverse without it...but I have to agree, I watch NFL Network less and less.

MLB Network still makes it worth it for me to have this tier, but NFL Net is not very good.

I even prefer the pregame shows on ESPN to NFLN. The former players on coaches aren't as good as ESPNs cast for the most part (even though they do have a couple former Rams...I don't really care for Marshall as an analyst to be honest)...Warren Sapp is annoying as all fuck if you ask me...Mooch, Irvin, Deion...not a fan of any of 'em. And pretty much everyone on NFL AM sucks too.

I do like Casserly, Mayock, Warner, and Rapaport...