Got told to sit down by Packers fans FO backed them...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sooo... I guess season ticket holders don't even matter anymore. There was an obvious out numbering today. Why? Well I would guess it's the same as the KC game last year. The team had the tickets sold before the season even started, and plus, the douchbags who put their tickets up for 300 dollars got sold to bandwagon aholes.

The entire section behind me was Packer fans. I had an usher come up to me at one point, "Can I talk to you Sir," I said,"Absolutely". I was standing and cheering when we were on defense, on 3rd down. What was I thinking?

He says. (I'm done punctuating) So the Rams have told us that when there's fans that are disturbing other Rams fans to talk to them. I say, well that's completely understandable, can you tell me what I've done to disturb any part of the fan base, on either side?

They pretty much had no answer. They hadn't even been watching. They said something about "pointing fingers." I have absolutely no clue what they were even talking about. I said, Can we walk back to the seats, and ask who I and the people I'm with offended so we can see what is reasonable? I'm honestly not here to offend people.

I even asked them exactly what I'm supposed to do to cheer. In no way was I insinuating anything either. I'm just asking literally "How do you want me to cheer? Should I not cheer?" The one guy looked at me like. Well, not this game.

Then, to end the entire conversation, I say, "Well, I've bought season tickets since 94', I'm sorry, I honestly am, I love the Rams, maybe I shouldn't buy anymore." He grabs me as I'm walking away and says, "Well, that's not the problem, the problem is, Packers fans bought more tickets then Rams fans." I said, "Well who's problem is that?" I've been here?" He said, " My boss, not me." Desperately grasping for anything.

You're losing your fan base. I even helped get 6 more people to this game. I laughed with Packer fans about standing, "At Lambo, hahahahahaha man." is the response I got.

I love the team, the players, but today the fo.... FUCK YOU. Yeah, you'll get my money because I want to go support the team, but, FUCK YOU.

I'm sorry guys, I had to vent. Go Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Write a letter or tweet or something to Demoff.

He's good like that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah I'd send him a tweet or letter about it, I doubt he'd be happy to hear that one of his own was being harassed for cheering.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know. I love Demoff. I feel almost embarrassed though. After all the years of defending the fan base, and the front office.

I still love the Rams, there's no way I can't, and I understand the conditions, but man...

Go Cards.

superfan24

Starter
The ushers at the ed when I was there have sucked so this is not new to me, but I have had that happen to me at college games as well and I absolutely hate it and get pissed. So sorry to hear that Username. Heard the security going into the stadium was awful today as well?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Username said:
I know. I love Demoff. I feel almost embarrassed though. After all the years of defending the fan base.

I still love the Rams, there's no way I can't, and I understand the conditions, but man...

Go Cards.
Back in the FB Cardinals day, I had season tickets at the top of the "field stands" IOW there was a mesanine behind my seats.
I encountered an very similar problem with an usher because people standing behind me were telling me to sit down and I told them to go pound sand.
Anyway the usher comes up to me and says "sir I'm going to have to ask you to sit down,people behind you can't see" to which I said "tell those Mother's truckers to go sit in their seat, I chose these season tickets because there are no seats behind me so I can stand the whole game if I want ", he said "yes sir I understand" and he hearded the whole bunch from behind me.
He later came back and apprised me he didn't apreciate my language ,and I apologized for cursing at him gave him $10 and he kept the hounds off me from then on out.
Be sure to tip your ushers.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
Yeah I'd send him a tweet or letter about it, I doubt he'd be happy to hear that one of his own was being harassed for cheering.
There's no excuse for siding against the local fan base. How many games are these Packer fans going to attend? Next year? Hell, next year the ED should be filled with Rams Fans. Maybe someone should inform the new bandwagoners that if they want to see the Rams play the Packers they better get their tickets early.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
There's no excuse for siding against the local fan base. How many games are these Packer fans going to attend? Next year? Hell, next year the ED should be filled with Rams Fans. Maybe someone should inform the new bandwagoners that if they want to see the Rams play the Packers they better get their tickets early.
NOT TO MENTION that IF you are standing it's likely because the row ahead of you is as well .I moved my seats to where they were because I got tired of telling people behind me that I would sit ONCE the guy ahead of me did,JMO when you are at a football game , expect to have to stand a lot.

One game I stood a lot was when I had seats behind Micheal Spinks,he didn't sit much and no-one asked him to. :shock:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Somebody needs to give the "staff" a 101 class in Home Fucking Field Advantage .

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I would of went off! I damn sure wouldn't have left my seat to talk to the guy. He would of talked to me right there or during a time out. He told you to quit cheering? really? Unreal!!! :amped:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
You have every right to rant about that. That's insane. And sad.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Username said:
Sooo... I guess season ticket holders don't even matter anymore. There was an obvious out numbering today. Why? Well I would guess it's the same as the KC game last year. The team had the tickets sold before the season even started, and plus, the douchbags who put their tickets up for 300 dollars got sold to bandwagon aholes.

The entire section behind me was Packer fans. I had an usher come up to me at one point, "Can I talk to you Sir," I said,"Absolutely". I was standing and cheering when we were on defense, on 3rd down. What was I thinking?

He says. (I'm done punctuating) So the Rams have told us that when there's fans that are disturbing other Rams fans to talk to them. I say, well that's completely understandable, can you tell me what I've done to disturb any part of the fan base, on either side?

They pretty much had no answer. They hadn't even been watching. They said something about "pointing fingers." I have absolutely no clue what they were even talking about. I said, Can we walk back to the seats, and ask who I and the people I'm with offended so we can see what is reasonable? I'm honestly not here to offend people.

I even asked them exactly what I'm supposed to do to cheer. In no way was I insinuating anything either. I'm just asking literally "How do you want me to cheer? Should I not cheer?" The one guy looked at me like. Well, not this game.

Then, to end the entire conversation, I say, "Well, I've bought season tickets since 94', I'm sorry, I honestly am, I love the Rams, maybe I shouldn't buy anymore." He grabs me as I'm walking away and says, "Well, that's not the problem, the problem is, Packers fans bought more tickets then Rams fans." I said, "Well who's problem is that?" I've been here?" He said, " My boss, not me." Desperately grasping for anything.

You're losing your fan base. I even helped get 6 more people to this game. I laughed with Packer fans about standing, "At Lambo, hahahahahaha man." is the response I got.

I love the team, the players, but today the fo.... freak YOU. Yeah, you'll get my money because I want to go support the team, but, freak YOU.

This is nothing new and sorry it happened to you. It's happened to me a few times.

This isn't on the Rams front office, it's on the stadium authority or what ever they call it now. Rams really have no say over ushers. Possibly Stan K. can get this changed. previous ownership did nothing despite many complaints.
This went on in the 90's, the GSOT years and ever since.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yamahopper said:
Username said:

I love the team, the players, but today the fo.... freak YOU. Yeah, you'll get my money because I want to go support the team, but, freak YOU.

This is nothing new and sorry it happened to you. It's happened to me a few times.

This isn't on the Rams front office, it's on the stadium authority or what ever they call it now. Rams really have no say over ushers. Possibly Stan K. can get this changed. previous ownership did nothing despite many complaints.

If that's true, you gotta wonder on how a new stadium would be. If it is all Kroenke, I'd bet he'd want it in his own way. What if Edward Jones keeps the naming rights...IDK.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
Yamahopper said:
Username said:

If that's true, you gotta wonder on how a new stadium would be. If it is all Kroenke, I'd bet he'd want it in his own way. What if Edward Jones keeps the naming rights...IDK.

If Kroenke build his own stadium he can staff it how ever he wants.He can run it how ever fan friendly he would like. The only time this has been a issue recently was the 7-9 season....The rest of the 15-65 no one gave a shyte. With 20k empty seats there was room to spread out..If the usher let you, that's another issue at times.
I can't complain too much cause I sit in my companies seats and give mine to my kid.

I have mixed feelings about standing. The dome is not a good place to stand in the first place and if you got kids or short bitch with you they still can't see standing. Sometimes during Linehan era I preferred to sit and see less.

This happens and a lot at Cardinals baseball games and Blues games. Might be local thing....but really I think this league wide issue.

kdemoff

UDFA
Username,

I apologize for the subpar experience you had yesterday. Over the past few years we have tried to improve the fan-friendliness of the ushers by meeting with them prior to the game and trying to bring them closer to the team even though we are not their employer.

For the most part, our Game Services staff does a terrific job in balancing fan-friendliness and complaints. We have asked them over the past few years to not crack down on people standing up unless there are numerous complaints by other patrons. Obviously this is a subjective issue and is handled differently by different members of the Game Services staff. We will visit with them before the Jets game and encourage them to be respectful to all fans and to allow those that want to stand and cheer to do so unless it is an obvious distraction which it shouldn't be.

Kevin

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now that's customer service. Thanks Mr. Demoff for weighing in for Username. And thanks for the product on the field this season. You have us all energized!!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Daym now THAT'S Impressive.

Thank you Stan kroenke for buying this team and thank you KD for caring about fans.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
kdemoff said:
Username,

I apologize for the subpar experience you had yesterday. Over the past few years we have tried to improve the fan-friendliness of the ushers by meeting with them prior to the game and trying to bring them closer to the team even though we are not their employer.

For the most part, our Game Services staff does a terrific job in balancing fan-friendliness and complaints. We have asked them over the past few years to not crack down on people standing up unless there are numerous complaints by other patrons. Obviously this is a subjective issue and is handled differently by different members of the Game Services staff. We will visit with them before the Jets game and encourage them to be respectful to all fans and to allow those that want to stand and cheer to do so unless it is an obvious distraction which it shouldn't be.

Kevin

Wow, I honestly didn't expect this. Thanks for the response Kevin. I'm not looking to get any special attention or treatment, I was just coming on here to vent. I know you have a lot of other things to worry about haha. I know you truly do care about the fans, and this is further evidence. I've never had a problem with the staff before this, and even though I did I guess, I still had a positive experience. I didn't have any problems after "the visit." I imagine if they would've seen that I was just cheering on defense, and standing on 3rd down, they would've had no problem with it. Maybe they did, and that's why they didn't come back.

I'm an extremely strong supporter of you and everything you've helped this franchise do to try to get back on the right track. You, and the team have a fan for life, regardless. You have enough things on your plate, especially considering the London game. Have a safe trip, and I'm glad you're feeling better. All the hard work will pay off soon enough. I was there during the GSOT Superbowl/playoff runs, I'll be there when we go on our next playoff/Superbowl runs.

I appreciate this, I really do. Thanks Kevin.

Go Rams!