Got me a geetar.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Any guitar players in the house?

My wife surprised me with a PRS Bernie Marsden guitar for our anniversary last week. Been noodling on it and having a blast. I'm pretty much horrible sounding and my wife is probably second guessing her decision right now but man this thing is fun.

The last guitar I owned had strings an inch high off the neck and was painful on the fingers. This Bernie is so nice I might actually learn to play. :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
VCRam said:
Any guitar players in the house?

My wife surprised me with a PRS Bernie Marsden guitar for our anniversary last week. Been noodling on it and having a blast. I'm pretty much horrible sounding and my wife is probably second guessing her decision right now but man this thing is fun.

The last guitar I owned had strings an inch high off the neck and was painful on the fingers. This Bernie is so nice I might actually learn to play. :)
Don't you know that you are a shooting star

A55VA6

Legend
Congrats on the new guitar man!

I'm actually a musician. Been playing guitar since I was 9. Learned drums, bass, and piano when I was 13. I have a mini home studio at my house and I record music and promote it and sell it to friends, and online. It's alot of fun but takes alottt of work. But yeah man, playing guitar is such a blast. Great stress reliever too!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have been playing for about 6 years. 100% self taught so j assume I may have missed some basics, but it has worked out. I play just for personal pleasure, was asked to front a band about two years ago...that ain't happening. Lol just stick with it.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish I had kept with it when I was a kid. I'm pretty much starting from scratch and realizing how uncoordinated my fingers are. Also I don't have much rhythm.

Another down side I've noticed so far is the neck is pretty thick. Which makes it hard for me to stretch my fingers into some chord positions.

Air guitar is a lot easier. :)

A55VA6

Legend
VCRam said:
I wish I had kept with it when I was a kid. I'm pretty much starting from scratch and realizing how uncoordinated my fingers are. Also I don't have much rhythm.

Another down side I've noticed so far is the neck is pretty thick. Which makes it hard for me to stretch my fingers into some chord positions.

Air guitar is a lot easier. :)
Make sure you use your fingers properly. The pinky finger is important! :ww:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
A55VA6 said:
Congrats on the new guitar man!

I'm actually a musician. Been playing guitar since I was 9. Learned drums, bass, and piano when I was 13. I have a mini home studio at my house and I record music and promote it and sell it to friends, and online. It's alot of fun but takes alottt of work. But yeah man, playing guitar is such a blast. Great stress reliever too!

Good point about stress relief .. I don't get as much time to play as I used to but whenever I pull out the steel string acoustic I lose track of time and can spend two hours just playing . More of a rhythm and vocals than lead.