Gordo's NFL Buzz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You clicked on this because of perverse curiosity..lol. I was surfing Google for any news about the Rams, when mid-way down the page there was a story by Jeff Gordon in his NFL Buzz page with the Headline: "Gordo's NFL Buzz: With Palmer down, time to move Gabbert up?" For one, what's up with that headline in St Louis? lol Anyway, more than half the story is about whether this is the time to replace Palmer with Gabbert. After that, comes a short paragraph about "The Value of Coaching." He contrasts how Fisher killed NFL interest in St Louis, while McVay is kindling it in LA this year. The he commented:

"Running back Todd Gurley is finally locked in after spending last season enjoying the LA amenities and quarterback Jared Goff is finally progressing."

How petty is that? There was a time when Gordo would have expanded upon his ignorance and would have written 3000 words at least about the team. So I guess Gurley was just loafing last year and Goff just finally decided start trying to do his job?....so butt hurt. Anyway, I have eliminated the StlToday from my bookmark page, but like slowing down for an accident, I couldn't resist looking when I saw the title in the Google search....lol

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For one, what's up with that headline in St Louis?
He is a product of Missouri and went to Mizzou... so it makes sense from a "local boy" angle.

"Running back Todd Gurley is finally locked in after spending last season enjoying the LA amenities and quarterback Jared Goff is finally progressing."
I take this as a dig at Fisher and his country club atmosphere. I guess he's inferring that the players spent more time enjoying the scenery than concentrating on football.
And I think he's on point there.

McVay has changed the entire culture... and it's showing.

Just an idea, if you will..
If you don't want to get all riled up about what STL writers say, don't reads their columns... these are OP pieces... he's entitled to his opinion.

IMO, the piece is fine.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
How petty is that? There was a time when Gordo would have expanded upon his ignorance and would have written 3000 words at least about the team. So I guess Gurley was just loafing last year and Goff just finally decided start trying to do his job?..

That's typical Gordo. He never was a very good writer or commentator to begin with, and I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is a product of Missouri and went to Mizzou... so it makes sense from a "local boy" angle.

I take this as a dig at Fisher and his country club atmosphere. I guess he's inferring that the players spent more time enjoying the scenery than concentrating on football.
And I think he's on point there.

McVay has changed the entire culture... and it's showing.

Just an idea, if you will..
If you don't want to get all riled up about what STL writers say, don't reads their columns... these are OP pieces... he's entitled to his opinion.

IMO, the piece is fine.

Well, I disagree with you on a couple of levels...Gurley was pizzed most of the season because he was getting hit behind the Oline and sometimes WHEN he was handed the ball. Lack of talent on the Oline and in the WR corps had more to do with Gurley's output last season than the Club Jeff atmosphere. Goff was thrown into the pit of fire by Fisher when he was hoping to save his job. This was pettiness from someone who's supposed to be a professional sports writer...either that, or he's just plain stupid (I might opt for the second choice)

As I said in my OP, I clicked on the article due to perversity...Mostly because I couldn't resist reading his idiotic take about football, and the concentration on a AZ Cardinal issue.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I disagree with you on a couple of levels...Gurley was pizzed most of the season because he was getting hit behind the Oline and sometimes WHEN he was handed the ball. Lack of talent on the Oline and in the WR corps had more to do with Gurley's output last season than the Club Jeff atmosphere. Goff was thrown into the pit of fire by Fisher when he was hoping to save his job. This was pettiness from someone who's supposed to be a professional sports writer...either that, or he's just plain stupid (I might opt for the second choice)

As I said in my OP, I clicked on the article due to perversity...Mostly because I couldn't resist reading his idiotic take about football, and the concentration on a AZ Cardinal issue.
I get it... you don't like him.

I'll leave it at that.

Peace.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it... you don't like him.

I'll leave it at that.

Peace.
It's not whether I "like" Gordo, it's whether I respect his ability to do his job (I don't). It kills me that Jim Thomas is covering the Blues now and not the NFL, because I always respected him. It seems like a step down in covering a sport that is no longer covered on network TV outside of Hockey cities and Thomas is better than that...

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Regarding the Gurley comment, Jim Thomas always hinted to the fact on his chats that Gurley was kind of enjoying the LA life a little too much last year. Not sure how he would know, but I am guessing that is where the comment is coming from.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I could care less what a
Regarding the Gurley comment, Jim Thomas always hinted to the fact on his chats that Gurley was kind of enjoying the LA life a little too much last year. Not sure how he would know, but I am guessing that is where the comment is coming from.

Jim Thomas basically hasn't had a pulse on the Rams since Fisher took over and decided to toss him aside in favor of more national reporters. I'd take anything that salty bastard said with... Well a grain of salt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe...but like you said, how would he know? This is gossip anyway, when you could see that Gurley was getting hit almost when the ball was handed to him last year. Marshall Faulk was worried watching the little support Gurley was getting and feared an injury of the Ram's star.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And @Prime Time couldn't stand JT.

Go figure...

Nah, I enjoyed doing his weekly chats. The members here however got sick of them so I stopped. I can understand how he got ticked off when the Rams moved. It was his livelihood.

The problem I had with him is that he presented himself as a guy with "inside information." That might have been somewhat true during the Martz, Linehan, Spags eras but once Fisher slammed the door on him, he appeared to be mailing it in each week and knew as much about the Rams as the average fan did.

Have fun on the St. Louis Blues beat, Jim. (y)

chkelly

UDFA
Nah, I enjoyed doing his weekly chats. The members here however got sick of them so I stopped. I can understand how he got ticked off when the Rams moved. It was his livelihood.

The problem I had with him is that he presented himself as a guy with "inside information." That might have been somewhat true during the Martz, Linehan, Spags eras but once Fisher slammed the door on him, he appeared to be mailing it in each week and knew as much about the Rams as the average fan did.

Have fun on the St. Louis Blues beat, Jim. (y)
Count me in among the fans that liked to follow Jim Thomas while the Rams were in STL. But yes, once he got burned by Fisher, he really soured on the team and seemed to take it personally. Unfortunate situation for all, as before that I always enjoyed his chats and reporting.