Gordo’s Chat Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Gordo’s Chat Highlights

—I’d be shocked if the Rams drafted anybody No. 2. I see the team moving down. And, yes, I do see him drafting a tackle high because he needs a tackle. What happened in the past doesn’t matter. He needs a tackle, especially against the defenses in this division. At No. 6 one of the top two OTs should be there.

—Bradford’s Rank 1-32? I’d say he is right in that 15 range. Guys like Flacco have gone to good teams and won . . . but put on a bad team, those same players might have seen their career go horribly wrong. I always put Sam in the pile with guys like Stafford and Cutler, talented and productive passers who have yet to win much.

—Saffold for $5 Mil.? The Rams will make a pitch, but Jim Thomas expects him to land elsewhere. As for his price, $5 million is probably low based on what the top guys get.

—It sounds like the Sammy Watkins stock will soar through the individual workouts. So what does Fisher do? He has a massive problem at tackle, so that seems obvious. The team has also invested a lot of money and time into a bunch of young WRs. This will be run-first team. Those signs point away from Watkins as well.

—Fisher may trade down twice, if the price is right. The draft is that deep, both in the first round and the middle rounds.

—There is some depth at OT, too. But don’t forget that this team has huge needs at safety and cornerback too.

—Rams Record in 2014? I’d put the expectation at 9-7, at the expense of Arizona.

—The Rams are respectable again. The next stop is actual contention.

—I expect the Rams will have a mix of veterans and youngsters on the offensive line. Fisher wants to win this season. He won’t trust a bunch of kids to block the Seahawks and 49ers. As for the receivers, all those guys coming back have worked with Bradford. And remember, the Rams will run, run and run some more this year.

—Chances of Cutting Chris Long? Slim. The Rams seem committed to Long. I can see a reworked deal in Long’s future, but I see him sticking around.

Read All of Gordon's Chat Highlights

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else a little confused with Saffold's value? I mean sure, he looked good at guard. But, he was only there a few games and has proven to be injury prone throughout his career. Idk, to me that doesn't equate to getting paid as one of the top guards in the NFL

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Anyone else a little confused with Saffold's value? I mean sure, he looked good at guard. But, he was only there a few games and has proven to be injury prone throughout his career. Idk, to me that doesn't equate to getting paid as one of the top guards in the NFL

Gordon is more of a baseball guy. I wouldn't put much stock in his F/A numbers in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is that Saffold will get $6-7 million a year unless teams are really worried about something in his medical history.

fearsomefour

Legend
I put Saffolds number at $7M. My biggest concern with him is the concussions.
His latest one at the end of the year may lower that price.
He will be in demand because he has skills (rated as the #18 G last year) and is versatile and is only 25. So, in particularly at G his best football is likely ahead of him.
Skills, youth, versatility Saffold has many boxes checked for a GM in need of OL help.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If the offer (which I don't think will be that low) is $5M per he's all but gone. He will definitely get more than that. And despite a couple weird injuries, he's worth more than that.
I think he can be an all pro guard but the fact he can play any position except center in my mind makes him even more valuable.