Gordon says smoke was second-hand

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What apologist garbage. Gordon chose to smoke and failed the test because of it. Just like he chose to get in a car while under the influence and drive. Guy should have no one making excuses on his behalf.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Penn n Teller did a segment on there show "Bullshit" about second hand smoke. Its actually kinda funny, damn I loved that show... I wonder if they still make it.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

My favorite one was when they went to a fancy restaurant and served the people water from the garden hose in different bottles and these fools were saying they liked the one with a fancy bottle because it "tasted better" lmao had me rollin.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think anything over 7 nano grams/ ml or liter not sure which but there is a big difference between the 2,is considered a positive test and obviously anything less would be negative.

Guess I shoulda read the article. 15 nanograms is a high threshold for a positive result, pre employment drug screens consider 7 a positive, in my experience.

exactly...and to put a visual on 1billionth of a gram is 0.0000000001

Alan

Legend
I'm not sure why you guys are laughing about this. In my youth I shared many a toke with my girlfriend of the time. Take a drag, exhale into your girlfriend's mouth while you're kissing her. Lots of good memories there. You're lying if you tell me you haven't done it. :ROFLMAO: If you haven't done it you should try it. Waste not want not.

Now that's second hand smoke! :banana: :seizure: I'd acquit him with no regrets. :rockon:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not sure why you guys are laughing about this. In my youth I shared many a toke with my girlfriend of the time. Take a drag, exhale into your girlfriend's mouth while you're kissing her. Lots of good memories there. You're lying if you tell me you haven't done it. :ROFLMAO:

Now that's second hand smoke! :banana: :seizure: I'd acquit him with no regrets. :rockon:

so he took a charge, from his girlfriend? was that before test #68 or 69?

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 thinking they could still count:
so he took a charge, from his girlfriend? was that before test #68 or 69?
If it were me, it would be before every test. And after.:LOL: A couple that smokes together stays together.

There's a Harvard study that shows 86% of smokers who try to bogart that joint end up divorced. The other 14% couldn't remember if they had a significant other. That makes it almost unanimous.

Last edited:

WvuIN02

Starter
This just seems all the more ridiculous when you look at Ray Rice's 2 game ban for knocking his fiancee out and dragging her unconscious body around the floor. This costs him an entire year? Then you have Haynseworth who stomped on an defenseless football player's head on the ground during a game who got 5 games as a suspension. The NFL is looking more and more absurd every passing day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This just seems all the more ridiculous when you look at Ray Rice's 2 game ban for knocking his fiancee out and dragging her unconscious body around the floor. This costs him an entire year? Then you have Haynseworth who stomped on an defenseless football player's head on the ground during a game who got 5 games as a suspension. The NFL is looking more and more absurd every passing day.

It's really not ridiculous at all. There's a set program with set punishments for the failing of drug tests. It's not negotiable. It's not a choice. It's set and concrete. The suspensions given to players for actions off the field are at the discretion of the league. It isn't set and it is judgement.

Gordon has been suspended for the year because he has gotten himself to the 3rd level of the league's drug policy through his idiocy. I'm sure if Ray Rice had already knocked his fiance out twice and been arrested for it prior to this, he'd be serving a year long suspension too.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Their standards are obscene, when you wouldn't even be charged on a FEDERAL level(his levels were too low to get him in trouble under federal inspection.) You know you're taking it too far.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their standards are obscene, when you wouldn't even be charged on a FEDERAL level(his levels were too low to get him in trouble under federal inspection.) You know you're taking it too far.

Their standards are their standards. He's aware of it. You're going to get millions of dollars in an extension if you stay on the field...how about you just don't smoke?

It's not hard. I do it every day. I make a conscious choice to not smoke. Put down the joint and do something productive. Bam. Problem solved.

I don't know why people are making excuses for a grown man's childish behavior. The standards should be irrelevant. He shouldn't be smoking period. We shouldn't be lamenting the standards because he couldn't smoke and get away with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Their standards are their standards. He's aware of it. You're going to get millions of dollars in an extension if you stay on the field...how about you just don't smoke?

It's not hard. I do it every day. I make a conscious choice to not smoke. Put down the joint and do something productive. Bam. Problem solved.

I don't know why people are making excuses for a grown man's childish behavior. The standards should be irrelevant. He shouldn't be smoking period. We shouldn't be lamenting the standards because he couldn't smoke and get away with it.
Fascist.

Alan

Legend
flv being anal like me:
Incorrect. You have 1 zero too many.
:ROFLMAO::LOL: I thought I was the only one anal enough to count the zeros! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I was blaming the wrong count on my eyesight. :seizure:

Alan

Legend
flv singing my song:
Accurate description on my part. I'm a numbers guy. Someone on another forum made a comment about probability on a 10 dice roll scenario. I wrote a quick program in Qbasic to crunch the numbers. How sad is that?
Sad? Sounds like heaven to me. :love: