Gordon Live (selected for the handful of Rams bits)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

Gordo Live: STL sports chat

what are the chances rams sign s michael griffin he played with jeff fisher in tenessee
by corey 1:55 PM

GORDON: Here is SI.com on him: "The Titans have major potential free agents in the secondary with CB Cortland Finnegan and S Michael Griffin. Don't expect them to meet Finnegan's lofty demands, but they likely will franchise Griffin, then look for more secondary help. The pass rush must improve, so DE Derrick Morgan needs to step up. A high draft pick is a possibility here."

Jeff: I think fans will expect too much from the new Rams regime given the limited time they have and the enormous amount of needs they have to fill. Watching a team grind it out on the ground is not very exciting but if it wins games, I'm all for it. Do you expect the Rams to draft a stud running back and if so, who would you like to see them get?

GORDON: I would be a bit surprised if the Rams went for a RB high in the draft, since RB is one of the few positions currently filled with a difference maker. But I can see Fisher wanting to use two RBs like most teams in the league, so I'd expect him to get another big RB instead of focusing on a change-of-pace guy with his resources

out of your poll which receiver would u have v jackson, colston, bowe, d jackson, johnson, or welker, and will we sign any of these guys if so which one
by josh 12:46 PM

GORDON: D.Jackson looks like a transition-and-trade guy -- and that makes him unappealing here. V.Jackson would be the ideal guy to get. Whole package it seems. Assuming Lloyd leaves for the Patriots in free agency, the WRs I'd for sure keep are Amendola and Salas. Alexander has some good days, but knees are what they are.

Since we hope the Rams trade the #2 overall pick, have you been able to ask Les Snead how they finalized the Falcons big draft day trade for Julio Jones? I would take that trade for the Rams pick.

GORDON: The Julio Jones deal was easy to make once Atlanta decided it was OK to pay an excessive price to land him. As for the Rams, they will try to identify teams that really, really want the pick and go from there. They may even have to take one of the QBs with the pick, THEN make a move to max out the leverage.

2 questions first, Bernie miklasz said these to things about the rams future Stan) Kroenke's not going to move...it's all going to get worked out. The big fella here has been doing a lot of reconnaissance on this issue and I am feeling better about it all the time.

When there's a new stadium, it is unlikely to be downtown...though nothing is certain. But a long-term plan is targeting suburban locations...a new stadium, however, is a bit down the road...there will be a lease extension at The Ed to cover the years until a more long-range plan is set.

No, nothing (is) imminent. No guarantees, either. But this situation isn't as nearly as bad as feared. And it's more favorable than most people believe. Important people are at work. Let's just stay calm as it plays out.

It sounds like to me the rams are staying in st.louis id also like to say it was reported the chairman and lead neigotiater and stan kroenke and developed a partnership to buy the st.louis union station and that a redeveloped unionstation would help kroenke's football business.

GORDON: My standing prediction -- going back well into the season -- was that Kroenke would try to negotiate a highly favorable interim deal while pondering a new stadium project of his own. Fans who assume he is going to LA forget that Stan is a developer, first and foremost. His current lease is a license to print money and his London diversion provides the incentive to work out an interim lease -- and revisions in the current lease, regarding home games.

Cortland Finnegan/ Albert Haynesworth/ Randy Moss what % chance do these former Titans have of becoming Rams

GORDON: Fisher was oddly supportive of Moss, who accomplished nothing during his stay in Tennessee. Haynesworth has similarly died on multiple coaches. Not sure what those two offer a 2-14 team trying to re-energize.

The Rams will pursue another FA wide receiver, should they lose Lloyd, even if they plan on drafting Blackmon, correct? This teams needs two frontline receivers.

GORDON: I'm not sure Fisher will draft a WR first if he gets one of the top half-dozen FA WRs. He is going to build on defense and the run, don't forget. Amendola's return adds the possession WR. I would expect his staff to like what Salas showed before getting hurt as well.

Jeff - Where do you now stack the Rams coaching staff and front office compared to the rest of the NFC West?

GORDON: Fisher can hang with the other head coaches for sure. I'd give him the edge over Carroll for sure. Harbaugh is working magic and Whisenhunt got the Gridbirds within an inch of a Super Bowl championship. As for the front office . . . we'll see. Snead is working with inherited scouts and he is an unknown commodity as a GM.

Any way we can get the PRESS to focus on the bright prospects of knowing the RAMS are in capable experienced hands instead of brow-beating us with the gloom and doom of negotiations involving "where" the team will be playing three yrs. from now ??
by got2golfjk@optonline.net 11:18 AM

GORDON: Fans obsess about the stadium negotiations way more than the Post-Dispatch scribes obsess over it. Lots of good stuff on the new regime is on-line here at STLToday.com.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know why we'd try to sign another high profile safety (first question) when we have Mikell and Stewart. Those two are very good, with Stewart probably improving even further under G Williams.