Google Glass In The NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
For you tech buffs!!! Pretty cool....Enjoy!

[espn]9480059[/espn]

Psycho_X

Legend
Mmk, I mean the small camera technology has been around for a while. They already hook cameras upto helmets some times. Not sure what the googe glass part has to do with it really. would be cool to get the cameras small enough to place on every QB and every MLB's helmets to get bird eye views of every play if we wanted.

Long term the NFL should invest in 3D technology. Get hardly noticeable cameras hooked up to the skill player positions. And broadcast games in 3D and let stations produce the shows as normal. Then charge the nfl access fee for all games and the ability to change camera views at will between side line cameras and helmet cams.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
That pretty cool. I heard that they were messing around with Google Glass, but I hadnt seen that video yet.

Psycho, the difference is the screen. So coaches can send messages to players, players could see the play drawn up, WRs can see what the QB sees allowing them to understand why they need to make certain reads, players could pull up scouting reports against whoever they're matched up against, etc

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Belichick would probably LOVE those things.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Psycho, the difference is the screen. So coaches can send messages to players, players could see the play drawn up, WRs can see what the QB sees allowing them to understand why they need to make certain reads, players could pull up scouting reports against whoever they're matched up against, etc

For as in game situations between QB/WR it would be nice to clear up confusion on hot routes. A good example last year between Bradford and Quick against the Dolphins.

I am Youtube challenged at the moment for it to show only show a specific part of the video. Jump to 3:50...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFooNPh-ds[/youtube]

Having a play drawn up for Quick in the little lens would have known it was a quick come-back route....and not a fake.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:

LOL

I like that the Rams are putting themselves out there to get these types of vids though. If as small and irrelevant as they are it put the guys out there in a positive light.

I personally don't have anything against Google either. I think they're one of the only companies trying to truly innovate to change the world for the better. Instead of most just trying to take the fucker over regardless of the cost.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
X said:

LOL

I like that the Rams are putting themselves out there to get these types of vids though. If as small and irrelevant as they are it put the guys out there in a positive light.

I personally don't have anything against Google either. I think they're one of the only companies trying to truly innovate to change the world for the better. Instead of most just trying to take the fucker over regardless of the cost.
Yeah, Google is the shit. I remember being one of the very first people to use their search engine. Way before a lot of people even knew about it. No pictures, quick page loads, relative results. I think I'm gonna see that movie about Google too at some point. The comedy? I forget the name. It has Owen Wilson in it, is all I know.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Username said:
X said:

LOL

I personally don't have anything against Google either. I think they're one of the only companies trying to truly innovate to change the world for the better. Instead of most just trying to take the fokker over regardless of the cost.
Yeah, Google is the shyte. I remember being one of the very first people to use their search engine. Way before a lot of people even knew about it. No pictures, quick page loads, relative results. I think I'm gonna see that movie about Google too at some point. The comedy? I forget the name. It has Owen Wilson in it, is all I know.

The Intern.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Lesson said:
The Intern.
That's it. Thanks.

If it's the one with Vince Vaughn as well, it is apparently called The Internship. I am an Owen Wilson fan so I looked it up on Netflix when I read that. Doesn't hurt that it has Vince Vaughn - good team. I had never heard of it. Guess it's in theaters now. Yep... gonna have to see it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pretty neat piece for this time of year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The video proves that Sam Bradford locks on to one receiver :hehe:

#oldlarry

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:

#oldlarry
And he checks down

#oldlarry

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

#oldlarry
And he checks down

#oldlarry
You can clearly see that Sam has no touch when he throws it.

#oldlarry

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

#oldlarry
And he checks down

#oldlarry

#oldlarry
and he didn't see Gibson open down the sideline on the other side, but I did because I go to games and see the whole field all at once with my spidey-vision. To me? Questions? That I ask myself? All the time? For no apparent reason? Silly.

#oldlarry

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They tried these glasses once before, and although everybody loved them at first, they caused people to go cross eyed. The were originally marketed as the opti-grab.

images

#spideyvision lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pretty cool little video, I wouldn't mind having that on helmets for games for different angles... Also think it's good for practice... Having players wear them during games is probably a little too much for me though.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

#oldlarry
And he checks down

#oldlarry

#oldlarry
and he didn't see Gibson open down the sideline on the other side, but I did because I go to games and see the whole field all at once with my spidey-vision. To me? Questions? That I ask myself? All the time? For no apparent reason? Silly.

#oldlarry

Even though to attempt to prove a point about Sam he scribbles MS paint lines all over frozen TV shots. Then attempts to act like he has a remote fucking clue about anything with English more broken than a 7 year old exchange student.

#oldmarry

Even though he was "going to go to" the Jets game last year but he "thought better of it," cause he knew the team was going to lose.

#oldmarry