Goodell's idea to help inconsistencies among officials

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Originally Goodell and the NFL wanted to do several things mentioned in this thread.

The refs have a union and they didn't want to go there, that's why the NFL locked them out. Then the replacement refs made the same kinds of mistakes the regular refs did and fans were throwing a tantrum and complaining enough that the NFL was forced to cave.

So to all of you guys who were really, really vocal about the replacement refs......freak you for making it EVEN WORSE.
I wasn't vocal about the replacement refs. Quite the opposite. I wanted them to break the union.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah, I think the only way to fix it is to switch to the college model. Review every play automatically. The botched the end of the Monday night game where the Bills receiver got out of bounds with time on the clock. I couldn't believe it!

I saw officials in the Gophers/Buckeyes game pick up a flag for roughing the passer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but why shouldn't you be able to? If we can't just have an 'eye in the sky' relaying calls down to the field, why not just make egregious penalties reviewable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, I think the only way to fix it is to switch to the college model. Review every play automatically. The botched the end of the Monday night game where the Bills receiver got out of bounds with time on the clock. I couldn't believe it!

I saw officials in the Gophers/Buckeyes game pick up a flag for roughing the passer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but why shouldn't you be able to? If we can't just have an 'eye in the sky' relaying calls down to the field, why not just make egregious penalties reviewable.
^^^This