Goodbye Elly May Clampett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some of you older guys like me should remember her. She spoke in a church service I was at one night during the mid-80's. A gracious, soft-spoken lady.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...es-star-donna-douglas-dead-at-81-reports-say/

'Beverly Hillbillies' star Donna Douglas dead at 81, reports say
Published January 02, 2015
FoxNews.com

donna%20douglas%20beverly%20ap%20graphics%20bank.jpg

"The Beverly Hillbillies" cast (l-r): Irene Ryan, Buddy Ebsen, Max Baer, Nancy Kulp, Raymond Bailey and Donna Douglas (AP)

Donna Douglas, the actress who won over TV viewers as Elly May Clampett on “The Beverly Hillbillies,” has died, according to multiple media reports. She was 81.

The star’s granddaughter told TMZ, Douglas died in her Louisiana home surrounded by friends and family.

Douglas appeared “The Beverly Hillbillies” for all nine seasons of the show and reprised her role in a TV movie reboot of the series in 1981.

Throughout the ‘50s and ‘60s the 1957 Miss New Orleans winner appeared in series like “The Twilight Zone” and “Mr. Ed.” In 1966, she transitioned to film with a role opposite Elvis Presley in the movie “Frankie and Johnny.”

After her “Hillbillies” fame faded, Douglas recorded several gospel music albums.

Douglas' agents did not immediately return FOX411's request for comment.

Big Willie

Starter
This is the first I have heard of her death. ROD has officially become my resource for all news. Thanks for spreading knowledge.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow. 81. Peace to her family.
I haven't seem BH in many years. The show was already a classic when I was a kid 35 years ago.

last night I watched a few Marx bros movies on TCM. It's amazing to watch movies with actors that were born in the 1800's. Especially when they're still very funny.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Another sign I'm getting older: all of the television comedy stars I watched growing up are passing away.

The Beverly Hillbillies
Get Smart
Gilligan's Island
Bewitched

and on and on.

Thanks for the laughs.