Good old walterfootball "analysis"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
From his team needs part: http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2013stl.php

Left Guard: Another upgrade that must be made up front. Sam Bradford is brittle and needs all the solid pass protection he can get. The front office likes 2012 fifth-round pick Rokevious Watkins, but he looked terrible in his only game last year.

Umm no.

Tight End: Lance Kendricks was chosen in the second round two years ago, but he has been a disappointment thus far. Another tight end could be an option early on this April.

Actually if he's as all knowing about all teams as much as he wants, he should know Lance has been one of the most improved players. He'll probably never put up Gronk numbers, but he is good for what he is.

Defensive Tackle: Kendall Langford signed with the Rams this past offseason, but disappointed in his first year with his new team. The front office should bring in competition for him.

Michael Brockers?

Defensive End: Depth will be needed if William Hayes isn't re-signed.

WTF?

I appreciate walterfootball for showing what players are going to be in the draft, your opinion is :nerp:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the problem with "fan" analysis from people who don't follow the team.
Cursory looks at the stat sheets coupled with info from random articles, doesn't produce quality analysis.

I don't think Langford struggled much at all. It's his first year as a 4-3 DT after playing as a 3-4 DE.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
That's the problem with "fan" analysis from people who don't follow the team.
Cursory looks at the stat sheets coupled with info from random articles, doesn't produce quality analysis.

I don't think Langford struggled much at all. It's his first year as a 4-3 DT after playing as a 3-4 DE.
Totally agree on all points. I do want the Rams to obtain another defensive tackle to put in the rotation especially one who's a run stuffer that can come in on obvious running downs along with Brockers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like WalterFootball, but that's some bad information on the Rams.

Stick with college player analysis, fellas.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It irks me to no end that guys like Jimmy Graham and Gronk are the new measurement for the tight end position. In the HISTORY of pro football, there have maybe been 3 or 4 tight ends (Winslow, Gonzalez, Sharpe?) to play at a level like that, if even that many. It's safe to say that these guys are more of an aberration and shouldn't be the point of comparison.

Not snappin' on you Angry Ram, just dicks like Walter that feel it necessary to consider what are really fairly ordinary TE numbers to be below average.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is more of what I see coming from that site all the time. I check out their draft projections every year. Their reasoning escapes me most of the time.

Look at this year. Does anyone else have Gino Smith as the first overall pick? And you KNOW they thought... "huh... I know the Rams need a receiver or so I keep hearing. So let's plug in a receiver no matter what. Rogers has previous drug issues and got kicked off an SEC squad? Perfect."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
This is more of what I see coming from that site all the time. I check out their draft projections every year. Their reasoning escapes me most of the time.

Look at this year. Does anyone else have Gino Smith as the first overall pick? And you KNOW they thought... "huh... I know the Rams need a receiver or so I keep hearing. So let's plug in a receiver no matter what. Rogers has previous drug issues and got kicked off an SEC squad? Perfect."

To be fair, Rogers is a top fifteen talent, and his issues weren't nearly as bad as Janoris Jenkins' issues were. I wouldn't mind taking him and Rambo in the second and third round respectively; Fisher knows what he's doing when it comes to troubled young players.

But yeah, I don't like the fact that Walterfootball keeps mocking us Chance Warmack every chance he gets, I don't like that he calls Bradford "brittle", and I especially don't like that he calls Kendricks a disappointment when he was anything but a disappointment this year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
It irks me to no end that guys like Jimmy Graham and Gronk are the new measurement for the tight end position. In the HISTORY of pro football, there have maybe been 3 or 4 tight ends (Winslow, Gonzalez, Sharpe?) to play at a level like that, if even that many. It's safe to say that these guys are more of an aberration and shouldn't be the point of comparison.

Not snappin' on you Angry Ram, just dicks like Walter that feel it necessary to consider what are really fairly ordinary TE numbers to be below average.

Nah it's cool. Basically this is pointing it out that walterfootball is an arrogant, ignorant, blind, know it all.