Good news: according to PFT readers, the Rams aren't the most dysfunctional NFL franchise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/which-nfl-franchise-is-the-most-dysfunctional/

Which NFL franchise is the most dysfunctional?
Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2017

Even with the ability to secure dibs on players via the draft and the waivers system, some bad teams remain bad, year in and year out.

For plenty of the bad teams, the performances flow from various forms of dysfunction. And with several instances of dysfunction on display Monday, it’s fair to ask which NFL franchise is the most dysfunction.

49ers. 43.05% (6,265 votes)

Browns. 32.75% (4,766 votes)

Bills. 9.37% (1,364 votes)

Jets. 6.66% (970 votes)

Rams. 4.96% (722 votes)

Chargers. 3.21% (467 votes)

Total Votes: 14,554

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, at least we're top 5 in something.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
The Rams do not belong on that list.

The Rams hired a respected coach and his chosen personnel man.

They were given five years by the organization to assemble a team and coaching staff the way they saw fit.

The only thing "dysfunctional" about the Rams, has been their offensive game planning and Oline play.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I sure hope that our interview process doesn't give a dysfunctional impression to the best available coaches/GMs. I don't have a reason to believe that it will...

I think that the LA Ram positions will be the most desirable. Hopefully we will land the very best because of it. I believe that Stan will spare no expense to get this one right.

LOL at the whiners though.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Rams have more losses than all of those teams over the last decade (yes, even the Browns have won more games). They deserve to be on the list. Can't argue too much with #1-3 though. I'd say the Jets/Rams/Chargers deserve to be with each other though.

Hopefully now that Stan has finished stabbing everyone in the back that he needed to in order to get where he is now things will start to turn around. But the proof will be in the win-loss columns.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/which-nfl-franchise-is-the-most-dysfunctional/

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2017

Even with the ability to secure dibs on players via the draft and the waivers system, some bad teams remain bad, year in and year out.

For plenty of the bad teams, the performances flow from various forms of dysfunction. And with several instances of dysfunction on display Monday, it’s fair to ask which NFL franchise is the most dysfunction.

49ers. 43.05% (6,265 votes)

Browns. 32.75% (4,766 votes)

Bills. 9.37% (1,364 votes)

Jets. 6.66% (970 votes)

Rams. 4.96% (722 votes)

Chargers. 3.21% (467 votes)

Total Votes: 14,554
I guess this makes me feel better!:cool:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who did Stan stab in the back Psycho? Please name names. I can tell you who stabbed Stan in the back to get him where he is. Here are some names. Sen. Eagleton of Missouri, and all the others who signed the lease to get the Rams to move to St. Louis, Gov. Nixon of Missouri, The CSA and CVC of St. Louis, and don't forget Peacock and his teams that got away with 16 mil. to name a few.

You want to call the Rams owner a "back stabber", you should include all the rest of the "back stabbers" in that whole fiasco. Totally unfair to just single out Stan.

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Funny how the Whiners skyrocketed after Jed York's comments about not taking responsibility for the team's dysfunction. Browns will be Brownin'

Psycho_X

Legend
Who did Stan stab in the back Psycho? Please name names. I can tell you who stabbed Stan in the back to get him where he is. Here are some names. Sen. Eagleton of Missouri, and all the others who signed the lease to get the Rams to move to St. Louis, Gov. Nixon of Missouri, The CSA and CVC of St. Louis, and don't forget Peacock and his teams that got away with 16 mil. to name a few.

You want to call the Rams owner a "back stabber", you should include all the rest of the "back stabbers" in that whole fiasco. Totally unfair to just single out Stan.

The local fans that supported him. Those are the only people I care about. Everyone else is debatable and there is no point to it. Which is why you disagree with my opinion and that's fine. But he and the NFL still stabbed the fans in the back. I understand it, it's business. But it still happened. But I still want the Rams to win so hopefully now that they've used the tactics they have to get the money they wanted they'll focus on the product on the field. I will never have respect for them as people but hopefully they can earn some respect as people who can build a winning football team. But that hasn't happened yet and the team is still a mess. So they deserve being on this list.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You must didn't follow the relocation process I can guarantee you everyone knows stl never had a chance to keep them even after meeting every requirement in the relocation guidelines. After Stan and Rodger kept saying if they do this they stay if they do that they stay only for all of that to be done and they leave, you must also forget the bs Stan was talking about the city about how it couldn't support a franchise. So yeah Stan is a piece of hot trash I don't have to like the owner but I still love this team

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The Rams have become a bit of a laughing stock this year but history will show that we're far from dysfunctional.

Bad at football: Yes

But dysfunctional?: No

Also why isn't dysfunctional spelt disfunctional? Seems like a strange one.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

This ^.

I don't think the franchise itself has been dysfunctional since the departures of Zygmunt and Shaw. It's more a problem of the last two head coaches failing to turn around the product on the field. But at the respective times Spags and Fisher were hired, most people thought they were good hires. Bottom line, they just didn't work out for various reasons.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Go ahead and Blame Stan all you want. But those folks I mentioned in my prior post lied to you too.

I get it, no one likes to be told they've been duped. They lied to you to shift their own culpability, and it worked.

FRO

Legend

Huh? Its one thing for Stan to leave. He had the legal grounds to do so and increased the value of his club dramatically. Trashing the city on the way out could be considered a stab in the back. Stan killed pro football in a city that was willing to help build him 2 new stadiums in 20 years. We in St Louis will never have another pro football team again. Yes the CVC didn't live up to their commitment, but that worked in Stan's favor.

FRO

Legend
The Rams have become a bit of a laughing stock this year but history will show that we're far from dysfunctional.

Also why isn't dysfunctional spelt disfunctional? Seems like a strange one.
Would you rather your team be dysfunctional and bad, or seemingly be all on the same page and produce the worst record over a 10 year period. One side has a lot of backstabbing going on while the other side is peaceful incompetence.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
And not St.Louis' favor, but yet no one in St. Louis says a word about how they F'ed up.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And not St.Louis' favor, but yet no one in St. Louis says a word about how they F'ed up.
Yeah the lease was crazy but that was a city desperate to get a team in their city and it worked, but at the same time you look around the league and point out how many cities had the funds ready site ready and it was going to be a first rate building. Stan was moving this team from the jump that should be obvious to anyone