Going to be in LA on Sunday, and...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Need a sports bar to watch the Rams Vikings game. Thinking about going to Malecon, as I have heard there are a lot of Rams fans there. Any other suggestions?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also looking at Legends Restaurant & Bar in Long Beach. Would appreciate any input from LA locals. Thanks.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Legends is probably one of the best, but keep in mind it's going to be a lot of LA Rams fans and there's going to be one big ass topic that's brought up constantly... So if you don't want to hear anything like that, your best bet would just be a Buffalo Wild Wings... Of course you wont get the audio then.

Legends is a lot of fun though, lot of very passionate fans... Never been to Malecon.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I am no help. I'm in Hawaii now and will be for the game.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts, thanks, I think I have settled on Legends. I grew up in Ohio, and now live in Atlanta. Been a Rams fan since about 5 years old (1977), and have never lived in a Rams city, so the LA vs St. Louis thing doesn't really affect me either way.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Also looking at Legends Restaurant & Bar in Long Beach. Would appreciate any input from LA locals. Thanks.
I'm having trouble remembering. Isn't " Legends" Owned by a former Rams Player!? Please, someone, respond!!! (Old brain cells not working!)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm having trouble remembering. Isn't " Legends" Owned by a former Rams Player!? Please, someone, respond!!! (Old brain cells not working!)

If I remember correctly, Dennis Harrah started the place back in the mid to late 70's? Something like that anyway. I have no idea if he still owns it or not. I haven't been down there since the 80's.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Legends. Haven't been there forever, but that is a good place for the Rams games. DR RAM

Legends Restaurant And Bar
5236 East 2nd St.
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 433-5743
www.legendssportsbar.com

Beer Menu:
http://www.legendssportsbar.com/menu/beer-and-ipas/

Lots of cool memorabilia there. DR RAM

The First Modern Sports Bar in America
dennis_harrah_rams_small.jpg

Legends Sports Bar was established in 1979 by former Los Angeles Rams offensive lineman Dennis Harrah and local businessman John Morris. Known throughout the country as “the first modern sports bar in America”, Legends was the first establishment to use satellite technology to broadcast live sporting events from around the world.

dennis_harrah_and_scibelli.jpg
Legends Sports Bar created an atmosphere where patrons could enjoy great sports broadcasts while surrounded by one of the largest private collections of sports memorabilia in the United States. This environment was unlike anything people had ever experienced; not just a place to go to eat and drink, but a place to go watch the game while enjoying great food and drinks with friends and fellow sports fans alike.

Some of the items which have been collected over the years include over 100 authentic autographed baseballs signed by the likes of Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Stan “The Man” Musial, Micky Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Ty Cobb, & Babe Ruth. Legends Sports Bar has in its collection, autographed jerseys from the greatest NBA and NFL players of all time. Also represented are unique items such as Shaquile O’neil’s autographed size 23 shoes, a pair of Mohamed Ali’s signed gloves and shorts along with his autographed ring bell from his last fight at Madison Square Garden. Hanging from the ceiling is the 2001 Indy car driven by the great Bobby Rahal. Every major sport is represented in the collection and is on display for patrons to see and enjoy.

dennis_harrah_rams_rushing.jpg
A tradition since its opening, Legends Sports Bar has its local “Wall of Fame” which pays tribute to our local Long Beach athletes whom have represented this great city and have gone on to play professionally in their respective sports.

Legends Sports Bar strives to have the best audio visual equipment to enhance customers’ enjoyment of sporting events, which includes the largest HD quality projection television in the Unites States. We invite you to visit us and see for yourself why Legends Sports Bar is and always will be “the granddaddy of all sports bars”.

o.jpg

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Or, you can go to the Tilted Kilt, if you just want to see really hot waitresses.

50-tilted-kilt-25-3-566981-original.jpg

WMAQ_Word_on_the_Street_Tilted_Kilt_052609_59_mezzn_448x336.jpg

Very pretty, and friendlier girls at Hooters in L.A., Orange County, but those ugly uni's...

HootersGirlswithWings.jpg

latest

Watch out though, they keep bringing you beers, even if you don't ask, and if you get pitchers, they fill your glass up for you...

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
bluecoconuts, thanks, I think I have settled on Legends. I grew up in Ohio, and now live in Atlanta. Been a Rams fan since about 5 years old (1977), and have never lived in a Rams city, so the LA vs St. Louis thing doesn't really affect me either way.

Go to Legends on 2nd St. Lots of eye candy on Fri and Sat nights on 2nd st too. Tons of bars and restaurants in that tight area. Just be ready to take the first parking spot you see. They are hard to come by down there.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hey @RedRam I didn't realize I had a Santa Clarita Brother on the board. A belated welcome to you. I watch at home on Direc TV. I just don't like to deal with other teams fans.
Where do you watch?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Hey @RedRam I didn't realize I had a Santa Clarita Brother on the board. A belated welcome to you. I watch at home on Direc TV. I just don't like to deal with other teams fans.
Where do you watch?
Thanks! I've been to a few different places. I was at All Star on Bouquet last week. I've gone to Oggi's a couple times...BWWs, Grinders, BJ's, Bier Academy, Lazy Dog, all to watch some ball. I'm going for the DirecTV hookup asap as well. One Sunday out at one of these joints pays for a month of DTV service. None of those places I would dub as a "go to" joint. I have to laugh at whoever came up with calling Valencia "Awesome Town" because, well, it's not. ;)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Go to Legends on 2nd St. Lots of eye candy on Fri and Sat nights on 2nd st too. Tons of bars and restaurants in that tight area. Just be ready to take the first parking spot you see. They are hard to come by down there.
Yes, good point. Parking in Long Beach sucks. You can Uber though, prob a good choice if you are going to drink anyhow.