Going Into Next Year Vs. Last

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In case you were wondering I'm talking about the fans as well as the players we have. Personally, my enthusiasm was crazy high! Yes, I was one of "those guys" that took a mega shot of Cool-Aid before I talked about our team. After a harsh dose of reality on where our team was heading last year in week 7, somebody punching me in the stomach couldn't have made me feel worse. As the year continued I strongly felt there was no way I could get as jacked up about next season as I did the last. As of now it still holds true but we have made no moves yet. Plenty of time... ;)

Anyway, I think a case to be made that we should be every bit as jacked up about our team going into next year. Snead beleives the more you play the better you get, in terms of the youth of the team. This ties into why he still strongly beleives in players like Quick and Givens and stated WR isn't viewed as a need.

With that being said our team should be a couple notches better than we were last year and it's OK to get overly crazy and confident about the direction of this team. Heck, Tavon Austin, Tree', and the YAC Stacy in their second years alone give me reason to get gitty with excitement. You throw in a healthy Bradford and a beefed up OL and you have a contender. Just a whole offseason with our core guys together could work wonders for this team. At a bare minimum the tenacity of this team filled with explosive plays from our highly talented roster should be a joy to watch. I just wish the refs didn't hate our guts and livers lol. They suck so bad...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't even think last years "jacked up" went unjustified ,I think we all included a healthy year from Sam in it and IMO every person you expected to do better than they did would have if he'd been healthy,so IMO you current state of "jacked" is easily understood.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
IMO all Rams fans have good reason to be jacked about next season. Once again our hopes and dreams hinge on the OL, if Saffold is retained as an OG and at least 1 interior OL and 1 OT are picked up in the draft or FA we should feel good about the OL. I would expect an OT to be drafted not a FA pick up. The D IMO will be improved even without any big name draftees or FAs, just do to experience in the system. I would like to see our WRs fight for the ball and win Sams confidence so that he will be more inclined to throw them open, I feel the Rams O has more potential than any other O in the NFCW, and the D is capable of stuffing any O in the NFCW. So if they can play within the division as they did in 2012 and outside the division as they did in 2013 a playoff birth is very likely.

I thought I was going to struggle to get up for the rest of the season once Sam went down, didn't miss a single game, I'll find something to get excited about even if I don't believe we'll win every game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought I was going to struggle to get up for the rest of the season once Sam went down, didn't miss a single game, I'll find something to get excited about even if I don't believe we'll win every game.

Oh... we're gonna win every gam, buddy. Lol :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I go into every season with a positive view of "the possibilities". Teams rise and fall in this league. Why not us?

This team has a solid foundation. We can beat anyone.. as evident by our 2013 beat downs of Indy and NO.

An offseason to patch some holes, a strong draft, and we're on our way.

Book it!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Every year is "the year."

I went 20 years from 79 to 99 with the same attitude and eventually was rewarded.
What's another 20?

jjab360

Legend
I was pretty jacked about this year, but I think next year is the first year of a dynasty. I can feel it. Playmakers like Tavon, Bailey, Stacy, and Ogletree progressing in their second years, Janoris and Givens recovering from their sophomore slumps, Quinn making his case for DPOY again. Who knows who we're going to get in the draft this year, but with Snead's track record I have a feeling they're going to be special players. It's all coming together for us, finally.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Going into last year, we did not know what to expect from the running game. This year, we know who our starting rb is, and the only questions that remain are our starting receiver corp and OL. I was impressed by the contributions we got from our rookies, especially Stacy, Ogletree and McDonald. Soo...will Quick step up, or will Bailey surpass him, and will Givens remain a starter, or will we draft someone?

That said, I'm more jacked about this year than last.