Goff's Rookie Stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Single digit interceptions, wow, you guys are drinking the koolaid. This is not a running QB, who tucks it in and runs if the first guy isn't open, this is a pocket passer. How many INTs did Bradford and Manning throw as rookies?

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Single digit interceptions, wow, you guys are drinking the koolaid. This is not a running QB, who tucks it in and runs if the first guy isn't open, this is a pocket passer. How many INTs did Bradford and Manning throw as rookies?
Without google I think Bradford threw 13 right?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So either way, if Goff starts from day one, there is a learning curve, and he will throw some picks, and we will lose some games because of it. Single digit INTs is not going to happen, no matter how good he might be.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'll weigh in:
62% comp.
3,260 tds
24tds
10 ints
2 rushing tds but not many yards -175 because when you're kneeling down at the end of games so much, you know.
11-5 OROY

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna go with 3617 yards
19 touchdowns
12 interceptions
3 fumbles lost
24 sacks
219 yards rushing

A55VA6

Legend
I'm a believer in Goff, but it's likely that he has his ups and downs as every rookie QB does. But I think he'll be ready to go and will play pretty well.

3,400 yards
60% completion percentage
23 TDs
12 Ints

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Passing yds---2960 Rushing yds----135
TDs--18 Rushing TDs----4
Ints--14
%---61.5

Fumbles---6, 4 lost

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'll say Jared plays a full 16 games:

3250 yards
22 TDs passing
13 INTs
5 lost fumbles
1 rushing TD via QB sneak

Last edited:

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
If he is Jared Manning Brees Brady Montana as has been stated, his first year stats would be :
15.5 starts
61.5 comp %
2915 yds
19 TD
16 INT

I feel his stats won't be quite there yet as we can lean on Gurley heavily.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even though I'm worried about our offensive staff and whether they're up to snuff, I think Goff is going to be like Manning in that he'll work his butt off to translate what is taught and know it cold, execute it well for a rookie, and run a solid offense. So I think he wins the job right out the gate and plays well, prompting teams to view the Rams with envy.

22 - 14 is about what I expect for the TD/INT ratio. He's going to be playing with a good defense and run game and the Rams always have good special teams, so will have some nice field position flips in his favor. If the defense ends up top five then I think he might get more TDs. If they're middle of the pack then less.

3.2k yards is about right too. Yards aren't going to be the key for this guy because they're going to be very balanced. 3.5k is possible, which is what Bradford did in a mediocre offense his rookie season. But again I think balance works against him on the yardage and I am ok with that.

Completion percentage should be a little over 60%. This one's dependent on his receivers. In a best case scenario where Tavon and Britt improve with a better QB and both Higbee and Coop step up right away to contribute I think he could end up a point or two higher. Higbee is a really big part of the equation IMO simply because he's such a big target with good hands and Goff is so accurate. Having a TE like that can really boost a QB's comp percentage. But I expect him to be about 61%.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow look at all of you lol. I'll be happy if he keeps it under 15 interceptions for the year and I'll be ecstatic if he has more touchdowns thrown than interceptions. And I'll be down right partying in the streets if he does both of those and stays healthy for 16 games.

He's a rookie, expect the stats of one. Doesn't mean we won't win more games than we lose but putting top 10 QB stats on the guys shoulders is a bit much for year one probably.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Look at the overriding theme of all the WR's they have or are bringing in. BIG (even Cooper is pretty big for a WR his size) Guys who are good at the contested balls. They are setting up the short to intermediate passing game. True WCO principles. I'm not sure we should look for a BIG TIME passing game ... but more of an effcient one. One that moves the stick. One that is efficient in the RZ. YAC will be our bonus. I would put the "target" for Goff's stats to be in Comp.% and RZ TD's.

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at the overriding theme of all the WR's they have or are bringing in. BIG (even Cooper is pretty big for a WR his size) Guys who are good at the contested balls. They are setting up the short to intermediate passing game. True WCO principles. I'm not sure we should look for a BIG TIME passing game ... but more of an effcient one. One that moves the stick. One that is efficient in the RZ. YAC will be our bonus. I would put the "target" for Goff's stats to be in Comp.% and RZ TD's.

I feel like you have nailed it. Gurley run to 2nd and short. Then either easy quick pass or gurley run. He will break big runs and the PA passes will still only be about 15 yards down the field hoping we can make someone miss to go the distance