Goff's college coach tells Rams fans why they got a truly 'special' QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
A lot of the same things can be said of Sean Mannion. "Football smart", "Good arm", "Film room junkie". I'm almost as excited about watching Mannion in TC as I am Goff. How wonderful would it be for the Rams to actually have "depth" at QB for a change?
and YOUNG depth at that!

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Everett still holds the Rams All-Time Passing Yards Record!
Jim had 1 year where he had a qb rating above 90.Never had a completion % of 60 or better while playing for
Rams.Played 8 years with Rams 4 of those years he threw just as many or more ints. as tds.
Stop trying to make him out to be something he is not.He was never more than average and if Goff replicates
his numbers than Goff will be a disappointment.Sure hope Goff doesn't start taking dives from ghost pass rush.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jim had 1 year where he had a qb rating above 90.Never had a completion % of 60 or better while playing for
Rams.Played 8 years with Rams 4 of those years he threw just as many or more ints. as tds.
Stop trying to make him out to be something he is not.He was never more than average and if Goff replicates
his numbers than Goff will be a disappointment.Sure hope Goff doesn't start taking dives from ghost pass rush.
A) I stated a "Fact about his Rams record!
B) Did you ever see Jim Everett Play!?!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Um... How many players on this team are more than a decade older than him? Oh yeah.... none of them. :D Still a good trait to be able to lead athletes that are a few years older. Let's hope that comes to be because it will likely mean he has impressed them with his skills as a player.

Based on his teams reaction when the Rams took him #1 I'd say he will be impressing everyone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Historical perspective is needed here, as comp % and QB Rating were quite different back then. For instance his 89 QBR in 89 was #4 in the league and his sub 60 comp % landed him in the top 10 3 times as a Ram.
Everett was much better than average as he led the league in TDs 1 year and in the top 4 of QBR 2x as a Ram
From 1988-1990 he was as good as anybody

tavian

TDs 1 year and in the top 4 of QBR 2x as a Ram
From 1988-1990 he was as good as anybody
Out of how many years playing?He was average.nothing more
7 TD 11 INT Career in playoffs rating of 57.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Out of how many years playing?He was average.nothing more
7 TD 11 INT Career in playoffs rating of 57.
For 3 years as a Ram (88-90) he was a top 5 QB in the league.
Its a shame the team collapsed around him but for the first 5 years of his career it sure was great to have him as our QB

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a shame the team collapsed around him but for the first 5 years of his career it sure was great to have him as our QB
but what about Dieter?

tavian

You just have lowered expectations after having to watch Haden play.lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You just have lowered expectations after having to watch Haden play.lol
Hey! Back off my guy Pat. Oh... maybe you're right. Somehow I actually liked Haden. Maybe it was the underdog thing.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Hey! Back off my guy Pat. Oh... maybe you're right. Somehow I actually liked Haden. Maybe it was the underdog thing.
Haden just didn't have the physical tools to succeed in the NFL...He certainly had the intelligence...Not too many in the NFL have been Rhodes scholars...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Haden just didn't have the physical tools to succeed in the NFL...He certainly had the intelligence...Not too many in the NFL have been Rhodes scholars...
Agreed. I'm guessing not many NFL players go on to run the athletic program at one of the top schools in the nation either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Malavasi: Hey Pat you've got a string hanging there from your sleeve, let me get that for you.

Haden: Hey thanks coach!

Malavasi: Oh wait, never mind, it's actually your arm.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Malavasi: Hey Pat you've got a string hanging there from your sleeve, let me get that for you.

Haden: Hey thanks coach!

Malavasi: Oh wait, never mind, it's actually your arm.
Why I oughta....
upload_2016-7-16_13-39-6.png