Goffapalooza: What Dolphins fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
--------
Don't forget Mr. Suh; who probably has something to say to all the reporters calling Aaron Donald the best DT in the game.

l0MYNCdLv5GyPw0Bq.gif

Pgy4Na8aRyBuE.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?380175-Ah-Crap-Goff-To-Start!!/page11

Hopefully, this is another bonehead move by Coach Mediocre.

Release the Kraken!.... Suh & Wake at the minimum
----------
Yes because Jared Goff is going to be a Hall of Famer.
rolleyes2.gif

----------
Rams will likely run seam throws to the TE, passes to the flat, quick slants, short routes. I doubt they will run any long developing plays.

Get Gurley going, then run play action. Stop Gurley and they are in deep trouble. On long yardage Suh, Wake and Co can inflict some pain.

I think we will and win the game easily.
---------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Ml0-Q0_D8

----------
The Miami Dolphins, winners of four straight, are one of the NFL’s hottest teams heading into their Week 11 matchup with the Los Angeles Rams.

Miami (5-4) stayed on the West Coast this week following their 31-24 victory over the San Diego Chargers in an effort to stay acclimated to the time change. The Dolphins have won just one road game in the past 12 months, and are 1-3 away from Hard Rock Stadium this season.

Here are six players to watch, courtesy of ESPN Rams reporter Alden Gonzalez:

OFFENSE

QB Jared Goff: The 2016 No. 1 overall pick makes his highly anticipated debut against the same Dolphins defense that forced Phillip Rivers into four interceptions on Sunday. The Rams turned to Goff in need of a spark, after their offense managed only two touchdowns over the last three games. Goff struggled in the preseason, going 22-of-49 for 232 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and three forced fumbles. But coaches have praised his progress ever since. His best traits are his poise in the pocket and his ability to throw the ball downfield, two things this offense desperately needs.

RB Todd Gurley: It has been a miserable season for Gurley, who ranks 41st among 43 qualified running backs in rushing yards per carry (3.08) and 43rd in average rushing yards before first contact (1.52). But Gurley did seem to get going against the New York Jets in the second half, gaining 54 yards on 11 carries and even having a 21-yard run that was called back because of a hold. The Dolphins have allowed the third-most rushing yards per game, and the Rams will need Gurley to take some of the pressure off Goff this week.

RG Cody Wichmann:: The second-year player faces his toughest challenge yet in Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. The Dolphins move Suh around, but most of the time he is matched up against the opposing right guard. For the Rams, that would be Wichmann, who has been graded out around the middle of the pack at his position. The Rams have been decent in pass protection, but have struggled mightily with their run-blocking schemes. Both must be on point Sunday.

DEFENSE

DT Aaron Donald: The Rams may be out two defensive ends, with Robert Quinn checking himself into the hospital on Monday with a non-football-related illness (he has since been discharged) and Eugene Sims entering concussion protocol. Donald is perhaps the only interior rusher who is better than Suh. Pro Football Focus has given Donald a grade of 95.3, just ahead of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (95.1) for the highest in the NFL.

More at LINK: http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolph...rom-college-wr
---------

5 reasons the Jared Goff decision will fail spectacularly

1. He's not ready
All season, Fisher, who has never met a quarterback controversy he can't fib about, has said Goff will take over "when he's ready." Is it dumb luck that Goff, after three months on the bench (with some of that time coming as the No. 3 quarterback) happens to be ready the week after the Rams didn't score a touchdown for the third time this season?

That's some great timing if so. It can't be though, which is why the whole charade doesn't feel as much like a promotion for Goff than a demotion for Keenum. It's like Fisher just pushed Goff into the pool to see if he can swim.

2. Goff isn't getting compared to Keenum, he'll be compared to his rookie peers
This is a draft that's seen five rookie quarterbacks start games this season, two of whom are playing at historic levels. The quarterback selected immediately after Goff in the draft, Carson Wentz, has his Eagles above .500 in the best division in football and is a darling of the stat community. Trevor Siemian is basically a rookie (he dressed for one game in his rookie season of 2015) and his Broncos are 7-3.

And then there's Dak Prescott, the MVP candidate on the 8-1 Dallas Cowboys who, and memorize this number because you're going to want to say it a lot, was taken 134 picks after Goff.
Everything Goff does is going to be viewed through that lens. It's unavoidable. There are no baby steps when you get dropped into the middle of a season that's seeing a rookie quarterbacking renaissance - especially not when you've had four months to prepare.

And with games like Dec. 4 at New England looming, it's not going to get much better. If Goff starts the rest of the season, he'll still have started fewer games than all his other rookie friends have started at this moment in time. That's a big game of catch-up.

. Fisher did this for all the wrong reasons. The Rams are 4-5. If they went 6-10 with Keenum as their starter and Goff on the bench, what's Fisher's job security like? The Goff decision was likely made with the input of the front office but head coaches, especially ones who can plan January vacations before the season, have been the fall guy plenty of times before. How do you assure yourself you'll be back the next year? Throw Goff to the wolves and pray he has enough lateral mobility to outrun them.

4. The Rams have played more than half a season with Keenum.
The reason Fisher had to insinuate this would be a "watch" season for Goff is so he could have plausible deniability when he didn't bring Goff into a game. It worked for a little but then every game became a question of "why don't they bring in the No. 1 pick?" Then fans started chanting his name and the media was all over a faux Goff/Keenum controversy and finally the whole facade cracked and Goff gets seven games where the main goal is that he remain upright through all of them.

At some point though, didn't Fisher and the Rams pass a point of no return on Goff? When a mediocre team is halfway through its season and playing mediocre football, the last thing you want to do is add an unknown variable into the most important spot on the depth chart.

The Rams have teetered on the edge for years. Putting in a rookie quarterback who was so bad in the preseason he was the No. 3 quarterback at the start of the year, might tip the Rams back to the ledge. More likely, he'll send them careening down into crevasse currently occupied by Chip Kelly and the 49ers. How is that good for anybody?

5. The Rams offense is bad and quarterback isn't necessarily the spot that needs fixing.
After scoring 29 points total over the last three games (10, 10 and nine, respectively) Fisher has to feel the offense has stagnated (though that assumes it was ever non-stagnating). Maybe now is the perfect time to bring in Goff because he certainly can't be that bad, right?

Consider: The Rams haven't scored more than 10 points in five of nine games to go along with those three touchdown-less games. Keenum is 30th of 33 QBs in quarterback rating. It's been like this all season though. He didn't start hot and go into a cold snap. Even when the team was 3-1 they were doing it with smoke, mirrors and crappy defenses. So, after going on a 1-4 stretch, there's not much to lose. Things can't get any worse.

But they can. Ohhhhhh, they can. Goff is taking over a team whose running back is averaging an anemic 3.1 yards per carry, which would be last place in the NFL if not for the two-man Vikings tandem that seems allergic to positive yardage. Maybe that's on Keenum or maybe it's on an offensive line that has just one guy ranked in the top-half of players at his position (according to PFF). The problem is there, not anywhere else. And unless Goff comes along with a cloned version of Orlando Pace, it's only going to get worse.

Sitting Jared Goff was an entire season was a bold move by a team hoping to build a superstar rather than hoping they had one fully formed. It took 10 weeks for the panic to set in and now Jared Goff, who is already fighting the stigma of being a bust before his first-ever NFL snap, is the starting quarterback of one of the worst teams in football. Should have stuck with Plan A, guys.

FOXSports
--------------------
Unless the Rams wins. In that case, these reasons are poo poo
up.gif

My simple version will be our defense which is playing at a high level. That is the big reason he will fail.

They are going to really try and run the ball and give him a couple of easy passes to start off with. Then maybe he will try a play action pass. There is a chance that the Rams will come out throwing but I do not think so but I hope we are ready for it.

The next reason life could suck for him is if we get a lead early. A mistake by them, some good play from our offense and we are up 10-14 points. And then he will get killed.

But I do not see Goff being told to do a lot. If he is just killing it then yes, Fisher might allow him to build on his confidence. But a early mistake or two and Fisher will worry more about Goff's future then this game. Fisher has a record of setting rookie QBs for a year.

In a way I hate to ruin this kids possible happy storyline but that is the way it goes. This game might be remembered for a long time. It could be the game where he shows why he was taken number one or the game that helps bring about his short career.
---------
Goff will provide a spark for their offense. He will probably throw some deep balls after getting a few short completions. I just hope Miami plays them hard and smart. Doesn't matter that he is a rookie....it seems to be a good year to be a rookie QB.
---------
Another thing about the success of all these rookie QBs, they are playing on teams with a lot of offensive talent.

The Rams have far less talent on offense than those other teams.
--------
1 reason it may not fail

Our corner play
--------
They've held Big Ben and Phillip Rivers in check. Without it's best corner.

They're not that terrible.
---------
6. "Jared Goff LA Rams" can be rearranged to spell "A Raffled Smog Jar".
---------
The Fins have to stop committing dumb penalties on "D" and extending drives. That could be the difference.
-------
Goff has a weak arm and just seems overwhelmed like a normal rookie. Our D should feast on him, especially the way VJ has been calling it up I expect us to put a hurtin on the Rams and Mr. 500 will get yet another shiny fat L.....
--------
Actually the NFLN has been touting his strong arm all day.
---------
A Dolphins loss would be shocking, IMO. San Diego was a good team playing good football and we won in The Murph.

Time to slay in The Coliseum.
---------
Fishers hand is definitely being forced here

One thing that really stood out to me during Hard Knocks was in the last episode when Goff was not named the starter. They're interviewing him and ask him about how he feels about where he's at. His response was something along the lines of " I feel good with where i'm at right now" I'm not even a Rams fan and that drove me crazy. You're the first overall draft pick and you let Case Keenum beat you out. I expected some more fire, maybe that's just an impression he gives off but it annoyed me.
--------
If I'm Jeff Fisher my first play from scrimmage is a play action rollout looking for Britt against Maxwell. He knows he's going to have a rookie who didn't look ready in the preseason, and teams have been putting 8 in the box on them constantly to keep the running game in check.

Plus Britt against Maxwell is a good matchup for them and they'll want to gain the upper hand in that battle early as well as instill a bit of confidence in Goff early, as there's a good chance he could get rattled early from the d line pressure as well as some batted balls because he seems to release low is shorter passes.

With their defense I wouldn't sleep on this team, but with the attitude we've been playing with lately I think we can take this one as long as we don't play down to their level on defense.
--------
I think it's more of a case of Fisher being a shi7 coach and talent evaluator than anything else.

Is Goff ready...who knows, but I do know that Keenum isn't a starting QB. I also think that Goff was taken way too early.

And coming against Suh, Wake and co first game up.....good luck kid.
---------
My biggest concern is, are we going to have to play against the Rams AND the refs again?
-------
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...-jared+goff%22

Goff preseason highlights. Does not look good really, gets most completions during late in game against 3rd string or non team makers. Any pressure even little he collapses into weak throws or gives up. His Stats: 22 of 49 passing (44.9 percent) for 232 yards with two TDs, two INTs and three fumbles. Yes three fumbles!

Dak Prescott preseason Stats: 39 of 50 passing (78.0 percent) for 454 yards with five TD passes, two rushing touchdowns and no INTs So, I don't expect any Dak heroics not even close so we should hopefully will win or I will be greatly disappointed. If I was in Vegas I would be taking Fish all day long.
---------
Let's hope the players aren't reading all the press clippings. If they think all they have to do is walk in the stadium and they win because a rookie is starting it could be a very long flight back to Miami. The guys on the other side of the ball get paid to play as well and last time I checked the Rams have the #6 ranked defense in the league.
--------
Let's not act like a rookie with no playing experience is going to be able to light us up. Our secondary can be suspect, but our D Line will have this guy seeing things that aren't there.
---------
The Rams OL is horrible which is why Gurley and Keemun have struggled. Unless they somehow come together this week Miami should win this game.
---------
Gurley and Britt are the only worries for me on their offense. I would bracket Britt all game and send lots of pressure to confuse and make Goff have to make progressions.
---------
Rams defense is legit and our defense has been suspect. While this is a game we should hopefully win, there aren't any guarantees. Our secondary can obviously be exploited and Gurley is still a beast RB. Tavon Austin might destroy Bobby McCain. Even though we are enjoying a 4 game winning streak, we really haven't blown out any teams this year, we've just done a good job in winning/pulling away in the 4th quarter. I suspect this to be a close game as well heading into the 4th.
----------
Goff is a feast or famine QB right now...it's unfortunate for him he was draft by Jeff Fisher but I don't expect Fisher to be there much longer.

Goff throws a good deep ball but has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long. Probably not smart to start him with Wake and Suh playing like they have been. He's also a bit on the thin side which means one big hit and he probably won't last the game. If they can get him to stay with the short passing game he could do some damage but he didn't show a lot of patience in college with the short game and he likes to take big shots downfield.

He'd have been better off getting drafted by Philly with Doug Pederson...he won't develop at all under Fisher.
-------
Watch this kid light us up. I hope the team isn't as full of themselves as the fanbase is.

Psycho_X

Legend
Goff has a weak arm and just seems overwhelmed like a normal rookie. Our D should feast on him, especially the way VJ has been calling it up I expect us to put a hurtin on the Rams and Mr. 500 will get yet another shiny fat L.....

I love it when morons post who obviously haven't watched a single play of Goff throwing the football. Seriously, the kid is a rookie and played in a spread offense in college so his awareness can be questioned all day long until he proves otherwise but the one thing I'd never say is Goff has a weak arm. Dude can sling that shit on a wire.

Speaking of, I hope Quick, Austin, and Kendricks are ready to up their hand eye coordination to NFL levels finally because the ball is going to be getting to them much faster than usual.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aw crap? This kid is an INT machine. Watched a game last year where he threw 5 picks. If you pressure him he's very careless with the ball.
I saw that game too...bunch of tips & drops on 3 of those interceptions.

In Miami's four game winning streak, they had to win against teams that had one of the best passers in football (Rivers), one of the best athletic QBs in Football (Taylor), one of the best all around, and a top 5 QB (Big Ben), and a QB that though very inconsistent, when he is on, can be as dangerous as those three (Fitzpatrick).
Not sure how they beat Rivers...Big Ben is struggling...Ty Taylor...best athletic QB's? So what?...Fitz....Fitz...what? who? Int leader? More than Case...Seriously???

I like the opponents fans...Should be a great game...The matchup to watch...couple of them in my book...Suh vs Barnes/Rhaney & the OG's...and the big one to me, Wake vs G-Rob...

I'm gonna enjoy seeing this defense vs Adam Gase offense...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thephins.com/forums/show...Jared-Goff&s=c783726872de2a622419dc90b045bb94

Scout Jared Goff
So the theme of this game has been Goff, Goff, Goff. From the folks on NFLN gushing over his start, to several videos dedicated to him on NFL.com, I'm beginning to think this is something akin to the 'Second Coming'.

I do not watch college football outside of the SEC (mainly Ole Miss), and I certainly do not know anything about this kid. I have watched some videos on YouTube just to get an idea on his game.

Here's what I saw:

Preseason stuff was very rookie-ish
- Took some hits and made some bad tosses leading to INTs
- Maybe hurt his knee on a slide (noticed he wore a brace on his left knee in college)
- Ball rose on him a bit on some throws (nerves or technique?)
- Staring at receivers; even pre-snap

College stuff
- Gets the ball out of his hand quickly
- Some balls rise on him (technique again, or knee brace inhibiting him from stepping into throws?)
- Sneaky heat on his throws
- Wobbly ball at times (small hands?)
- When on, ball placement is unbelievable!
- Lot of shotgun
- Can move the chains with his legs
- Makes throws (really good ones) with someone in his face
- #4 wideout on Cal impressive (sorry...kid just jumped out at me)
- Really slippery
- Almost an Aaron Rodgers body technique when throwing (chest facing target instead of front leg, which brings me back to the knee)

Anyway, this is about what I got. I don't amateur scout players. I watched two videos that seemed relevant without sound (once each).

So let's play D-coordinator or scout. What do some of you guys see out of Goff? I think this would be neat to see if we can predict how Miami might approach defending him.

Looking forward to seeing "what you see".
----------
Goff's Preseason Passes:

Week 1:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUcQc0gEVI

Week 2:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLp-Sv4FqA

Week 4:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxlV9SYPfY

I did not find anything from his performance against the Broncos in Week 3. However, the biggest thing that sticks out to me with Goff is how hesitant he is in his decision-making. This occurs particularly on plays that he's required to read both route tree development and the defense's coverage scheme.

On less complex, single-target plays, his release is fast, his accuracy is good, and the hesitancy is, quite predictably, a non-issue. I suspect we'll see a lot of the "dink and dunk" passing game on Sunday, save for a few long-bombs to test the coverage. Should be easy to stave off as long as the tackling is sound; can't allow blockers to get in front of the receivers all day.
-------
In my opinion, there's only one way to play a rookie QB with this defense- rush him from all angles and sit back in zone waiting for the stupid pass. LA currently has a bottom-5 line in the NFL and it's insane to place a rookie out there under those circumstances (umm, sort of like we did with Tannehill?). So even though we will get pressure with rushing four, I think we bring extra heat early and let the kid self-destruct.

I honestly don't see him finishing the game.
---------
Watching those clips the first thing that struck me was how much pressure the OL was letting through.

The throws he was completing were simple routes and if the first read wasn't open he looked like a deer in the headlights.

He lost the handle on a couple of deep balls when he felt the pressure coming.

If the OL is bad and he plays like he did in the pre-season in this game it's going to get ugly for him. He has to have improved in practices because at 4-5 the Rams are still in the hunt in the NFC. How that translates against a hostile pass rush that is allowed to hit him is the 64 thousand dollar question
----------
I wouldn't blitz him anymore than any other QB, because then you are actually giving him a way to beat you.

Think of the Battle of Sterling, had the english not committed their heavy calvary, they would have won easily.

A heavy blitz would infer that you are afraid of him, and saying to yourself, "live by the sword, die by the sword", because when you blitz, you leave open areas.

It could work like a charm, but I'd hate to see us lose because we blitzed too much.
----------
Honestly if you didn't know who Jared Goff was and you watched his preseason performance, you'd have to be told he's a #1 overall type prospect. Every aspect of the professional game was overwhelming him on that preseason tape.

The pure talent is just not that high quality. I mean throwing talent, things like accuracy and spin, not just pure throwing power. And he certainly isn't scaring anyone with his scrambling abilities.

The best thing the Vikings can do is to just make things easy on him. Get him some max protect, manipulate the personnel, formation and motion to get Miami into easily identifiable coverages, and then have him complete passes underneath the coverage. Then you can stick in one or two deep shots with max protect, hope you catch Miami's defensive backs sleeping, and look for Todd Gurley to do the rest. That's really all they can do.
---------
I'm sure he has gotten better than he was during the preseason. I hope we win the next two, but I expect a different Goff than what the preseason showed.
----------
Maybe. But he's had no more full speed reps to get used to the speed of the game, which was absolutely overwhelming him in the preseason.

There are preseason performances where things didn't quite work out the way you hoped for a myriad of reasons, and then there are preseason performances where the speed of the game was clearly overwhelming you. His preseason performance featured the latter. And I don't know that practice reps as the backup are going to improve that much.

I think either the Rams are going to do a really good job making things really easy and digestible for him, or he's going to struggle a whole lot.
----------
I think you have to early because the scouting report is that he's been overwhelmed with all the moving pieces. And I think if you get a few big hits on him in the first series, Goff self-destructs. That's just my opinion though because he's so green and likely not ready to start in the first place.

The one thing our team is GREAT at is punishing quarterbacks (and then getting holds on 3rd down to negate that)....so let's hope for the first half of that statement without the 2nd.

He has been taking snaps with the ones for several weeks now and they say he's making his reads a lot better. But I'd have to guess that practice with a red shirt on is a whole lot different than actual games, so I think you're mostly right. He may have progressed seeing his open man and/or looking at 2nd/3rd options, but I don't think he's ready by a longshot.
----------
I was not impressed with Goff, certainly not as a number 1 pick.
---------
We are going to feast on this kid Sunday.

Hand size would've removed him from my board in the first two rounds, and you can see the issues even in those short videos. Just doesn't have command of the ball. Comes out funny at times, sails on him, zip is only occasional. I remember watching a few Cal games and thinking he was super streaky. Maybe that's a confidence thing, or rhythm, I dunno, his protection was really weak.

The Rams OLine is awful, especially in the run game. Their offensive coaching staff is similarly terrible. I expect they'll emphasize quick passing, and as a result I expect our DLine to bat down a bunch of passes.
-------
Along with his hand size he just looks so fragile which I think bodes well for our defense. If they shake him up quickly this could get ugly.That is what I am hoping for.

JackStraw

Rookie
I couldn't think of a worse opposing pass rusher to start your career against than Suh. As GWilliams once suggested, Suh is going to try and kill the head.

I hope Saffold mans up like a veteran leader should and does what he's got to do to protect his rookie QB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's funny they didn't mention our Defensive Front Four at all...lol....I read about a third of their posts, before having enough....I really think Case at QB with our Defense and Special Teams would be enough to eke out a victory vs the Phins.....With Goff and some protection on the OL, we should do very well.

If you're playing the Rams and not sweating their front 4, you don't know football. I would take ours over theirs every day, especially on Sundays.

JackStraw

Rookie
If you're playing the Rams and not sweating their front 4, you don't know football. I would take ours over theirs every day, especially on Sundays.
Yeah 3/4 of Miami's front 4 are past their primes, yet still very good players - and in their primes they were all MVP caliber. But youth doesn't last forever. Still, our OL is going to have their hands full in the rushing game. I hope Boras has a lot of quick slants and 5 yards up the seam routes ready to go. Going to need Kendricks to really step his game up by finding open spaces in the middle of the field. Would also love to see Britt or Quick to get some targets deep down field. Britt is currently playing at a level where as long as the ball is catchable, he's more than likely going to do just that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best thing the Vikings can do is to just make things easy on him. .

he does realize he just rendered everything in that post obsolete with that dumb arse statement SMDH

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I couldn't think of a worse opposing pass rusher to start your career against than Suh. As GWilliams once suggested, Suh is going to try and kill the head.

I hope Saffold mans up like a veteran leader should and does what he's got to do to protect his rookie QB.

oh yeah but there is this one guy ... wears 99 ,,, his name escapes me at the moment ,,, rhymes with darron ronald ...meh itll come to me ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?90215-Goff-starting-for-the-Rams

Goff starting for the Rams

Good news, bad news, indifferent news?

I thought facing Cody Kessler would be a good thing for the Dolphins but they barely escaped that game with the W. Hard to know what to expect from a rookie QB that no one's seen against a pro defense yet.
---------
Doesn't matter. Their offense is pathetic no matter who plays QB. Disastrous OLine, Britt as their top WR, no threat at TE, plus they gave Tavon Austin one of the dumbest contracts I've ever seen. Gurley has no chance on 95% of his carries, has to make people miss before he gets to the LOS.

This game will not be close.
---------
Second string QB alert!

shocked-gifs.gif

---------
Well, it's good and bad at the same time. Not having film on a QB is tough but a rookie can also be counted on to make several mistakes. In my opinion, you don't start a rookie against the rush of Wake and company with a secondary that produced 4 picks in their last quarter of play. Given the woeful Rams line, Kessler may be on the field by the 2nd quarter either way.

Let me put it this way- Turner and Thomas both ranked higher than 3/5ths of LA's offensive line.
---------
Rookie QB guarantees nothing, good or bad. I still remember when Dolphin fans were hopeful in an easy win with Roethlisberger started his first game against Miami. He got his first win in a hurricane if my memory serves.
---------
There's some good and some bad, IMO.

Starting with the bad, I think this gives their offense some renewed hope. Their players may play a little harder because of this, but the effect will probably wear out by the end of the first half if we contain them initially. Having very little tape on a player is not very good for us either.

As for the good, anytime you have a rookie starting his first game in the league, you can be almost sure he's going to have some growing pains and make his rookie mistakes.

In the end, I think the good and bad balance each other out and it'll end up not being all that much different from Case Keenum.
--------
Bad news IMHO. We don't know him, got no tape on him, going to be hard to prepare. Yes, he will turn the ball over; but I am worried he'll take us by surprise.
----------
They may have to "dumb down" the offense for him. He's going to see the speed of the NFL up close and personal.
---------
I've actually watched a lot of the Rams, there offense needs a QB. They have 2 TE's in Hendricks and Highbee that we will have trouble covering. Highbee is wide open often, but Keenan would not look at him. I think their offense could be pretty solid with 2 TE's sets, but you gotta use the TE!! Higbee is a solid blocking TE and to not throw to a guy that size is just nuts, plus he has good hands as a former WR
----------
Yeah, I think I would have preferred to face Keenum on Sunday.
---------
They were chanting for him this week. Poor kid gets to die in his NFL debut.
---------
****. I was hoping Case would get one more start.
----------
It's a spark for them, no doubt emotionally and psychologically.

His scouting report was that he was tough and could take a beating. Every #1 pick is going to come with a pride factor too.

Sometimes teams will dismiss a rookie QB and try to make them beat you. Sometimes that backfires. I don't know about this team, but I have faith in Joseph to adjust.
-------
Aren't they hurting up front? And hasn't their running game been stagnant? I don't really keep up with them, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I watched a little of their last game, and Kenny Britt was going bonkers out there. Straight beast mode for the small sample I saw. They still have weapons.

Young QB needs the run game. I'd maybe watch for some trickery. An end-around with Austin. Short dumps in space.

He better have his head on a swivel. Let's see how he takes getting hit. Let's see if he can get around some of these disguised coverages.

I don't think they'll catch lightning in a bottle this game. I think Miami's D dominates. It's the offense I'm a little worried about. I think they need to keep Ajayi fresh and keep him under 20 carries. Maybe more Tannehill this game.

Any word on Albert?? That would really suck if he's out.
--------
Goff starting for the Rams is going to either be sugar or sh1t, but if the Rams' Offensive line is in disastrous shambles, as ours was for so very long, then I believe it will ultimately favor us.

I will feel sorry though for Goff. Fisher will be doing to Goff what we did to Henne.
----------
I've watched the Rams a lot. Their defense is really strong. They just need a QB. They have 2 very solid TE's if Goff uses his TE's the way keenan did not, their offense could be more potent.
---------
Remember when we missed out on Jeff Fisher?
---------
Honestly this game has TRAP written all over it. Rookie QB in debut game, struggling offense, Miami on a streak...

There's probably a decent chance the Dolphins do what they do and F this up.
---------
Tough spot for the kid. Our defensive line has a serious advantage against their offensive line. He should be in a lot of pain by the end of the game. They probably will run gurley for most of the game
---------
i think with all the talk being about Goff and nothing about the surging Dolphins the Dolphins are not going in with an ego..also think that our defense might take fisher starting a rookie against us in his first game could be deemed disrespectful.
---------
I don't like going against a guy that there is no real tape on but I do expect our Dline to feast on those guys and hopefully that in itself will be enough.

I have to admit I am concerned about this game. I suppose that is because I have watched this team loose or at minimum look bad against opponents they should beat easily for a long time. Honestly we should win the next 2 games handily but this one does kind of have the feel of a trap game.

Heck, Vegas only has us at 1 point favorites in this thing and before the move to Goff we were 1 point dogs! Better not take this one lightly!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im trying to be confident here, but historically with the Rams, Fisher does horrible in these types of games where the teams are somewhat evenly matched and a Rams victory would be a step forward
Be it the Jets a couple years back when Sanchez fleeced us, or the Chicago disaster last year, these "step forward" games have been 2 steps back
Hope that's not the case!
(No pun intended)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
to be fair i wasnt too mad at some of the comments ,,,some even make sense (just wish they werent so cocky about it all ) then i read this

man i heard when Suh grows up he wants to be Aaron Donald ...i hope Donald annihilates Tannehill early and often
Just imagine a world without the Bradford pick, and the Rams with Suh and Donald both.

Peace, harmony and so much playing time for those hard working back up quarterbacks who all deserve their shot.
tumblr_m8f7ezlYUD1rcco57o1_500.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Why would anybody be surprised at their fans' thoughts...The 'Phins are playing very good football, have a pretty good front 4 and are facing a first start rookie QB whose only tape (preseason) is abysmal.....I'm not at all confident, just ...Big game from the D with a couple of turnovers with good field position would be great for Goff...hopeful...Not to mention getting Gurley out of the blocks...(I think Gurley is the most important thing variable))

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Not understanding why we are criticizing their fans when we say the same damn shit all the time.

We are a sub 500 team until otherwise proven.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
Not understanding why we are criticizing their fans when we say the same damn crap all the time.

STOP MAKING SENSE AND GET ON YOUR HOMER VISION DAMN YOU!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
STOP MAKING SENSE AND GET ON YOUR HOMER VISION DAMN YOU!

And remember that if you dare to point out how annoying the endless bitching, moaning, complaining, and negativity about the coaching staff and team is, like a pneumatic drill in your brain, you might be labeled as a homer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not understanding why we are criticizing their fans when we say the same damn crap all the time.

For the same reasons other fanbases criticize us when we act like homers.