Goffapalooza: What Dolphins fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...To-Start!!&s=91ab9a9f2b0aacb5aecad1199846b752

Ah Crap, Goff To Start!!

Just saw it on twitter from Shefter.

@AdamSchefter

Jared Goff will make his first NFL start Sunday at home vs Miami Dolphins, per @mortreport. Goff tries to give Rams postseason push.
---------
Aw crap? This kid is an INT machine. Watched a game last year where he threw 5 picks. If you pressure him he's very careless with the ball.
----------
that could bring some juice to that Stadium but you guys should still win.
----------
The Rookie QB starting? I think that improves our chances to bait him into to some turnovers. Vance will have a plan to exploit him.
---------
The Fins defense should be licking their chops. Stop the run on first and second down and we may see another 4 interception game from the defense.

When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.
------------------
Well with our corners they must feel good about his chances. Our line though just needs to get to him often
----------
Will be up to Vance Joseph and his defense to rattle the rookie and force him into some mistakes.
----------
I'd rather face keenum
----------
Me too...the unknown QB's always kick our a$$...we have no tape on the rook so this now scares me....
------------
Eh, I'll take my chances against a rookie who has apparently looked terrible in practice.
----------
old Fins would make Goff break passing record for rookies

new Fins just might make him look like a rook starting his first NFL game
---------
Dolphins defense number one fantasy D of the week.
----------
This is good news. Move on to san Fran.
---------
Just blitz the crap out of rookies in their first game. See how they handle it. I'd say 80% of rookies can't handle the blitz
---------
I hope we can ruin his NFL debut.
up.gif

---------
Prepare for easy throws and screens, especially early.....tackling is key!
----------
Oh great, we're screwed
bobdole.gif

----------
I'm sure Kroenke ordered Fisher to start him. On one hand, how bad must he be to not have replaced Case a few games ago, especially since a number of rookie QBs, including later round ones have been starting and impressing. So I'm encouraged there.

OTOH, no film on him, so our D is gonna have to fly blind.
---------
Lol at people scared of a rookie QB so ****ty he couldn't beat out Case Keenum.
----------
Ya I am not thrilled about this, I thought Keenum's film would've allowed us to prepare better.

Like a bunch of people know, we haven't faired that well against inexperienced QB's in the past so maybe that leaves a little bitter taste in my mouth. Normally you'd think a QB making his first career start is a good thing.
---------
I'm not to worried about it.

He was dominant in college so I doubt he's gonna be game one.
---------
Case Keenum is very bad, so the fact that Goff is an unknown is troubling.

Goff was poor in the preseason, but he was also working with the scrubs and he's had ten weeks to get more acclimated.

That said, from the Rams' point of view, this is NOT the front four you want to start the kid against.
----------
Damn that's all we need a is a rookie having his way with us.
----------
Regardless, he will bring a lot of energy to the team and to the fan base. Whether that is something that can be sustained for 60 minutes is another thing. I am sure there are a lot of players and personnel people in that building who want to get there future underway with and they can't really afford to wait any longer.

Considering the success that Wentz and Prescott are already displaying in their conference, they need to get some momentum going for themselves. They don't have a first round pick next year, (Titans are sitting pretty with Mariota, that OL, Derrick Henry and extra picks).
----------
I really see both sides in this situation. Yes, this should be great, a rookie who couldn't beat out
Case Keenum, going up against Wake, Suh and the gang. This is what rookie QB's nightmares are made of.

Yet, our track record with inexperienced or unknown QBs gives us all quite a scare. I mean we let freaking Thad Lewis beat us TWICE.

I think this game rides on the fact that we aren't the old Dolphins. If we have truly entered a new chapter of our history, then we should win 31-14 or somewhere around there, with quite a few mistakes/turnovers from the rookie.

If we revert back to the old Dolphins, I say we lose 20-17, with a key strip sack at the end.
----------
Boy I can see Wake and Suh, Branch and Mitchell salivating for this game.

I can hear Joseph scheming up some exotic defenses for Mr.Goff.

Can you say Gurley right, Gurley left, Gurley right, Gurley left, Gurley up the middle,,,,, a bubble screen to Tavon Austin. That is probably the sequence we will be seeing Sunday.

Keep up w the ultra aggressive defense Sunday, press their WRs, make Goff beat us!!!!!

J-Train Rolls On ^^^^^^^^^^^
--------
I was actually hoping for Keenum. This team has a knack for struggling against rookie QB's.
---------
I was thinking the same thing, but I gotta hope Joseph can confuse a rookie making his first start. Surely they will try to run it down our throats with him in there....run d coming around at the right time.
---------
Lets hope we take the screen game away. I am sure they will run heavy and try some easy throws.
--------
People are getting a little scared over a guy who maybe had the worst preseason of any QB I've ever seen.
----------
True, but Case Keenum was atrocious. Hard to imagine Goff could be worse.
---------
Far more concerned with stopping Gurley than Goff.
----------
In Miami's four game winning streak, they had to win against teams that had one of the best passers in football (Rivers), one of the best athletic QBs in Football (Taylor), one of the best all around, and a top 5 QB (Big Ben), and a QB that though very inconsistent, when he is on, can be as dangerous as those three (Fitzpatrick).

Though I agree having tape would be beneficial to our defense, he is a Rookie that could not start until now, and will be getting his 1st taste of regular season of football in the NFL. Bring the heat, and this is a good game for defense to start showing discipline, stop giving offenses free plays.
---------
One thing is for sure, Miami brings it up front defensively, period! Miami will be bringing the LUMBER Sunday. Goff will have fancy feet, eyes in the back of his head...............Because if he doesn't, he may very well be the 5th QB knocked out of game by this defense.
--------
Goff will be frazzled from the beginning. He will undoubtedly throw up a few to avoid a sack, right into the hands of our secondary. I'm really pumped for this game. I can't even fathom 6-4.
--------
Recipe for disaster getting ahead of yourself like that.... bad mistake. Good Record, bad record, rookie quarterback, veteran quarterback, good or bad team you can lose any given Sunday.
---------
Lets hope with Gase and Joseph the days of crappy and/or inexperienced QBs destroying the Dolphins are gone.
---------
Gotta stop the run and the short passing game. Hard to imagine they'll open it up downfield for him, especially with the reputation our DL has of putting other QB's on... well the DL.
--------
Here's why I'm skeered:

1. They will likely have a very conservative game plan (they probably would have anyway) where they ride Gurley and use Goff for easy quick throws.
2. I have no faith in our secondary. If anyone can block our front 4 (easier said than done) I expect ANY QB could have a big day.
3. Instilling energy into the Rams. This has been a long trip for Miami I hope we're not flat.
--------
The Lambs are in for a massacre. Way stupid on their part. Miami is going to kill him every chance they get. The Dolphins are also getting better at stopping the run. Once the Dolphins take the lead in the 1st Quarter. Bring heat from every possible way and kill him as much as they can.

The Dolphins are not a team to start a NFL career Mr. Goff, they may even ended it before it even starts. Stupid Lambs. Pain is coming over and over. Go Dolphins play 60 minutes and get a win.
---------
Will need to pressure him early on. Make him lose his confidence by making mistakes, throwing incompletions.

If he starts connecting passes, making plays and converting third downs, could be dangerous for us.
--------
I'm still not taking any team lightly regardless of QB. Rams have a good D.
---------
That makes me much more nervous than Keenum.....No game film, hard to plan for, etc
---------
Their offense was horrible with Keenum. Even with a potential easy day against Goff, they could not possibly be any worse with Goff at the helm.
----------
Well, the one disadvantage is that we have no regular season film on Goff, so we're not really sure what we're getting. Carson Wentz looked REALLY good in his first couple starts because the opposing team couldn't prepare for him. They didn't know his habits or what rattles him. Hopefully things will be different in this case.
----------
I'm 100% sure that regardless of who starts at QB for them we were going to see Gurley all day long. We need to play every team as if everything is on the line for us because it is at this point.
----------
Let's not get too confident. Carson Wentz looked amazing in his first couple starts because opposing teams had no real film on him and didn't know how to exploit his weaknesses. He came back to Earth once teams figured him out. Goff is a complete unknown to us. Hopefully we'll be able to frustrate him. I'm sure we'll see LOTS of runs.
----------
goff or keenum doesn't change much for us....both are stinkers who are going to have to do their damage dinkin and dunkin..........as long as you stop gurley neither of those kids are going to beat us......
---------
Gurley hasn't been spectacular this year either. I think tavon got hurt last week? Britt will be the biggest matchup problem probably

Our defense hasn't done awful against rb's so I think we can do okay against what should be their biggest weapon
---------
He may have to change his name from Jared Goff to Jack Goff after this game.
---------
I have a feeling we will see both Goff and Keenum play regardless of who starts.
--------
If he was halfway decent he would have been out there sooner. Desperation by the Rams but who knows how it'll work out.
---------
I think it's fair to say goff will play better football than keenum...now its unlikely he plays well week 1...hell even peyton mannings first start he struggled as a rookie

but yeah I'd take the unknown in goff any day over the known quantity on tape that is case keenum

he could provide a spark in that lockerroom

and let's face it this secondary is no bueno right now
---------
Would be my preference too. But it doesn't move the needle much. Both these guys are terrible and we have no excuses if Goff or Keenum beats us.
---------
I'm not too worried about Goff; I think he'll be a bust anyway.
---------
So this means he'll look like a veteran Peyton Manning in his first game...he'll beat us like a Thad Lewis...Rams fans will claim they've found their QB savior only to sh!t the bag in his second game.
-------
I bought the LA Times yesterday at the airport flying home and there was an article saying that now is the time to start Goff. Fischer was sticking to his guns saying he wasn't going to move away from Keenum. Something must've changed his mind. I don't think it matters who they start.

Obviously, Goff must not have been grasping things real quick going into the start of the season, but what choice does LA have? Keenum can't get their offense to score. Let's rough the kid up a little and see how he deals.
---------
Screens, dump offs to Gurley. He will probably have north of 25 touches. Hopefully the run D holds up.
---------
With Bobby McCain and Maxwell in the secondary, any WR can torch us.
----------
Good. Jared, Meet Cam...and Andre....It'll be Mr. Wake & Mr. Branch by the end of the afternoon.

Stop the run. Stop the 3 step Quick slants, outs Screens and make Goff beat you deep.
--------
Going to go back and watch the Ram's preseason games.

Edit: just watched the first drive of their game against Vikings. Several great throws by Goff.
----------
Time to bury this f'er into the turf. Everyone's gonna want to see Goff play. Time for the Dolphins D to show out.
---------
Classic trap game. Gurley is a stud and I hope we can contain him
---------
tavon Austin doesn't help the qb either with his suspect hands and small catch radius...seen more than a few picks cause of tavon from the rams this year

but he'll probably murder our slot
--------
I'm going back and forth on this because I did initially see it as a trap game although staying on the west coast for two weeks would lead me to believe they saw it as more of an extended business trip and not just another road game.

Goff playing does create a buzz and should make our players a little more in tuned with what they're responsibilities.

I want a nice solid win in which all 3 phases play well but I'll take a W anyway it comes so long as we are 6-4 on the plane ride back to Miami.
--------
It's always rough when you don't have film on the guy. The hope is, he's just not that good. Which there is a chance of, otherwise it'd be moronic that he wasn't already in the game, it's not like Keenum's been lighting it up.
--------
Games gonna have a story unwinding for both teams.

First look at Goff in live action....I expect him designed runs and short passes. Also, picks by Rambo playing olb position....

All that, within his first 2 drives.. Dont ask me why, though.

Vance Joseph is gonna throw sum funny looks at hin early to see where he's at. I expect it to be a long day for Goff. Defense is already on playoff mode. Ask Earl Mitchell. Also, Parker looks like he's ready for some seconds.
--------
Don't forget Mr. Suh; who probably has something to say to all the reporters calling Aaron Donald the best DT in the game.
---------
in college goff had a really good feel in a muddy pocket and very good active feet

we'll see but my guess is Miami will bait him into most his issues sunday
---------
I was at the Cal/UW game last yr in Seattle. He was 24/40 for 342. 2 TDs, 1 INT. I remember saying, he's a good player but gets rattled with pressure on him. Hard Knocks kind of showed that.
---------
Interesting turn of events for sure. My eyes lit up when I read Goff will make the start(not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing lol) . But hopefully our boys give him a very rude awakening on Sunday.

I think we'll win
-------
So of all the games to start this kid, Fisher circles us on the schedule.

Sounds like bulletin board fodder to me. I hope our D is pissed off.
---------
How many QBs have the fins knocked out of the game for any time so far this season-4?
----------
Goff's face when he see Wake coming off the end and Suh up the middle:

imgres2.jpg

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Arrogant bunch of pr*cks aren't they? I would love to see the Rams rip them to shreds Sunday and send them back to South Florida licking their "fins!"

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I stopped at the "he looks terrible in practice" quote. Clearly unknowledgable group of idiots. Gonna be great to shred them.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Jesus. For a team who's been as shitty as us forever, they sure are cocky. I can't wait to see Goff rip then a new asshole.

Oh and we have a better defense, so there's that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's quite humorous reading this. You know these guys were a defeated sad sack fanbase only four games ago. Now, they think the Dolphins are God's gift to football. Bragging about how many QBs they've knocked out of the game? Bad news, fellas, you're facing a defense that's better than yours at it. Bragging about their DL? Bad news, fellas, you're facing a defense with a better DL.

I think this game is going to be a very rude awakening for them. Frankly, they need it. They have a Swiss cheese secondary. Their starting LT is out for the game. They're facing the #1 overall pick with no film on him. A trap game? Your team isn't good enough to have trap games. The Dolphins are 5-4. The Rams are 4-5. That's not a trap game. That's two fairly evenly matched teams going at it.

And I chuckled especially hard at them boasting about Andre Branch. In a game where you have Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake, and Robert Quinn playing, you're talking about Andre fucking Branch? He's the worst starting DL between the two teams.

I have friends who are Dolphins fans. They're nothing like these folks. My friends are a lot like us. Cautiously optimistic but always expecting the worst. I guess we found the ones with their heads shoved up their read-ends.

I'm going to enjoy Goff's debut even more. I know how good this kid is going to be. I don't know if he'll tear it up this week, but it's certainly a possibility. If they think they're getting a QB that's worse than Case Keenum, oh boy, they're in for a rude awakening. :mrburnsevil:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Time for Tree to fire up his guys and blow up the miami O. This could be the game where the Rams D outscores the opponent on their own, of course Goffs TD passes will add to the lead.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope the Team, the Dolphins, come into L.A. as cocky as these freakin' fans are!! If so the Rams will have "Filet of Fish" for an after game meal!!
Not one of these fool's, that I read, said anything about having any Fears about what Quinn-Brockers-Donald-Hayes and Company will do to their QB!!
And By the way, the Last time we played them, the only time they have faced a Fisher Team, was in Miami, and we Lost 17-14! THAT WAS PRE WILLIAMS "D"!! Correct!?!(y):snicker::shades::popcorn::cheers::rockon:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_0937.GIF

Not that there's anything wrong with that...(Seinfeld reference)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just an FYI

I've approved at least 2 Fish fans this week wanting to join ROD.

Apparently they are too shy to actually post. :ROFLMAO:

Q729

Legend
All I know is I've seen 2 Rams / Dolphins match ups in person with a Dolphins fan friend (a home and away) and the Rams let me down both times. Winning this one will very marginally make up for traveling all those miles for nothing! Damn it, why does Sunday have to be the last day of the weekend?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not one of these fool's, that I read, said anything about having any Fears about what Quinn-Brockers-Donald-Hayes and Company will do to their QB!!

I would be surprised if Quinn plays on Sunday.

Just an FYI

I've approved at least 2 Fish fans this week wanting to join ROD.

Apparently they are too shy to actually post. :ROFLMAO:

If this thread doesn't bring them out in the open, nothing will.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Got to say, I'm a little shocked to see Dolphins fans talking like this. No disrespect to the fanbase or franchise, but it seems like they've been in the same situation as us for a while now, and don't have much to brag about, especially over a Rams team that plays dominantly on defense, and has shown the ability to neutralize great rushing attacks in key matchups. Whatever. I guess they think our guy will do bad, and we think he won't. It's still kind of funny is all.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got to say, I'm a little shocked to see Dolphins fans talking like this. No disrespect to the fanbase or franchise, but it seems like they've been in the same situation as us for a while now, and don't have much to brag about, especially over a Rams team that plays dominantly on defense, and has shown the ability to neutralize great rushing attacks in key matchups. Whatever. I guess they think our guy will do bad, and we think he won't. It's still kind of funny is all.

Winning their last four games in a row will do that to a fanbase.

Dolphins 30/Steelers 15
Dolphins 28/Bills 25
Dolphins 27/Jets 23
Dolphins 31/Chargers 24

They gave up 31 points to the Patriots, 24 to the Browns, 30 to the Titans. For a team that gives up that many points to their opponents, it's odd how much they brag about their defense.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article114884158.html

Miami Dolphins lauded by NFL TV analysts
Barry Jackson

A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Tuesday:

• CBS analysts had plenty to say about the Dolphins on this week’s edition of NFL Monday QB on CBS Sports Net:

Rich Gannon: “I can’t believe they won four in a row. They have this quarterback whisperer down there in Adam Gase who has done a terrific job with the likes of Peyton Manning… [and] a marvelous job with Jay Cutler. I think you are seeing the fruits of his labor with Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is making better decisions… He’s much more comfortable in the pocket.”

Steve Beuerlein: “They have the right coach there for him with Adam Gase… He’s a tough guy who wants to be successful. He can make all the throws. He’s going to get better each week. I believe he is going to get better and is going to be a pretty darn good quarterback under Adam Gase for a lot of years.”

Chris Simms: “Tannehill has great physical ability… What has really happened in Miami? The offensive line is healthy. They have a run game. They have a healthy Devante Parker to throw to. He finally has a chance to succeed and he’s showing you that he can do it.”

• Adam Gase, on the problems his defensive backs have been having with holding and pass interference calls: "I think we've just got to do a better job as far as when we're in coverage, we just have to do the best job we can to not be as 'hands-y' as what we've been, and we have to trust our technique a lot of the times. I think if we do that, that's going to help us.

“I think it's tough sometimes when you're playing a couple of the guys that we went against yesterday who were very savvy with their route-running and a quarterback that throws the ball very early a lot of the time to where you turn around and all of a sudden the ball's on the receiver.

You guys saw a couple of times where he throws a stop route, the ball's in the air, the receivers are not even close to turning around. So it makes it tough sometimes when you go against a good quarterback that has really good timing. So we'll make some strides there.”

• Gase on Tannehill’s toughness: "I think what he does is rare. You don't see too many guys taking some of the shots he takes and bounce back up. He's as tough as they come. To be able to regroup and stand in there again, it has been really amazing to watch.

The throw he made to Kenny (Stills) yesterday, I have no idea how he completed that, because I don't know how he saw him, for one. And then he put it ... Kenny never breaks stride. The pass he threw to DeVante (Parker) there with three minutes left, he never even saw him."

• Gase, on Earl Mitchell’s strong debut Sunday: "I think for the most part he did a good job. I know the one thing we could count on was just the energy level. I think a lot of us were just surprised at the fact that his conditioning was really, really, really good. Guys are out there playing with banged up bodies, heavy legs and it's like getting a brand new player out there flying around, completely healthy."

• Gase, on Ryan Tannehill going four games without a turnover: “I think he's done a good job of decision making. We really feel like we're in a decent group as far as what we're doing from week to week. Receivers and him are on the same page, along with the tight ends. I think the protection, you know the line has done a really good job as far as keeping him fairly protected.

I know he takes some shots but there are a couple of times where he knows he's going to get hit because he's holding onto it. He's trying to take a shot down the field. But for the most part, I think they've gotten into a pretty good groove. They're playing well together right now."

• The Dolphins topped 20 points only three times all of last season. They’ve done it all four games of this winning streak: 30, 28, 27, 31.

They’re up to 22.7 points per game, which is 19th in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not very imaginative bunch are they and yeah agree with the others they're pretty cocky now after being so negative a couple weeks ago. Funny how teams with only one winning season in the last decade think they're great. Of course we wouldn't know what a winning season is like :(