Goff vs Wentz. Will it be flexed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
Fixed this one for you OleSchool
Fixed this one too....

Ahh, so it's the semantics that have everyone ready to string me up....here, I'll help.

My claim, all along, has been, if one QB will be great, once in a lifetime type talent, I want him, because that's the easiest way to be relevant EVERY year...with superbowl aspirations...that's the QB I want....for my team...the Rams....
If the other QB will just be good....you know who was good??? Rich Gannon....Andy Dalton is good...Matt Ryan is good. Kirk Cousins is good...Those are GOOD QB's...
Now....the great QBs...only 2 playing now....Brady...and Rodgers.....that's it....not even Brees....not Rothlisburger...Not Carr....just Brady and Rodgers....So, I want the great QB...sorry for being greedy....I know what happens to good QB's in the playoffs...Dak is good....Winston is good....Wilson is good....bunch of good ones....How did Ryan get to a SB you say??? Doesn't matter, what happened when he got there? Huh??? What happened?

Give me the great player...everytime...and I'm hoping some of you out there....reading this....can look at a player...in college...and TELL who's gonna be good....and who's gonna be GREAT.

Wentz looks like he's gonna be special....

I hope ours will be good....he's at 59% completions.....yeah...he's this...Fish did that...he needs a whole year for this...more weapons for that...9 td's....in 7 games....good player. Ok....:(

I just realized you are the Skip Bayless of Ramsondemand lmao.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course a debate will never solve anything if people want be right...just to be right

I agree.
T9045.fpx

Maybe it'd be best to just let this go? (just a thought).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's comical! He picks what criteria fits and what doesn't. Moves the goal posts mid discussion and criticizes you for not anticipating that. Cites a guys career being better than another then changes the criteria again to fit his needs. All this to tear down our teams QB who's having a good year leading our team to 5-2. Oh well

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Jared Goff is currently averaging 10.14 ANY/A; no player has ever reached double-digit ANY/A over the course of a full season. If Goff were to miss the rest of the season, he would actually break the record for most attempts in a season with double digit ANY/A. (Source: Pro Football Reference ANY/A is Adjusted Net Yard per Attempt)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
When you ignore the impact that being in the same system, same coaches, can have on a young QB...
I'm not ignoring anything....this just isn't entirely true...if it was DeShawn Watson should be struggling...correct?

Is Wentz better than Goff right now? Yep. Is Wilson, Dak, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc. better? Yep.
Finally...truth at last....

But you're ignoring circumstances to "prove" in the first TWO years of players careers that one is definitively better than the other? C'mon. I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here, because it doesn't make sense.
Circumstances are what they are....if my y chromosome was an x, I'd be a girl....

We shouldn't be arguing at all....because the point was...and is...at this point in the season one guy resembles an MVP candidate.... Seems pretty straight forward....

Now, everyone wants to talk about how terrible the coaching was....LAST YEAR....

Two years is a lot of time...2 years ago...a bunch of people were saying how LeCharles Bentley was gonna change Greg Robinsons career around....

The guys have been pros for 2 years...I actually think Goff's coaches are BETTER than Wentz's coaches...much better. But I'm ignoring circumstances???

Last year we all could have said that we should have drafted David Johnson over Gurley too..
Gurley has always looked like a beast running back...I have the opinion, you can teach a good rb how to catch passes...but it's harder to teach vision, running with power, and speed....point being....there isn't a back in football I'd want over Todd Gurley....that guy at Jax comes close tho. LOL

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guess Greg's a bust...but he's still starting...I thought bust were out of the league...like "busted"...but I could be wrong...LOL

Bust = Not living up to expectations.

2nd overall pick should be doing more than starting and playing poorly on his 2nd team, when he was clearly a huge reason his 1st team struggled to protect their QB position.

By your logic, 2nd round pick Brian Quick is not a bust because he is still hanging around the league, but i digress.

Anyway, just can't understand all this discussion over Goff/Wentz when it is so early in their careers.

Rick Mirer was ROY, but a few years later he was out of the league while Bledsoe, who was drafted in same class ended up taking the Pats to a SB and had a long career.

Again, it's early. The need of some posters to be declared the smartest person on the internet gets tiring after a while. Take care.

Tano

Legend
I'm not ignoring anything....this just isn't entirely true...if it was DeShawn Watson should be struggling...correct?

Finally...truth at last....

Circumstances are what they are....if my y chromosome was an x, I'd be a girl....

We shouldn't be arguing at all....because the point was...and is...at this point in the season one guy resembles an MVP candidate.... Seems pretty straight forward....

Now, everyone wants to talk about how terrible the coaching was....LAST YEAR....

Two years is a lot of time...2 years ago...a bunch of people were saying how LeCharles Bentley was gonna change Greg Robinsons career around....

The guys have been pros for 2 years...I actually think Goff's coaches are BETTER than Wentz's coaches...much better. But I'm ignoring circumstances???

Gurley has always looked like a beast running back...I have the opinion, you can teach a good rb how to catch passes...but it's harder to teach vision, running with power, and speed....point being....there isn't a back in football I'd want over Todd Gurley....that guy at Jax comes close tho. LOL
I am still happy we got Goff.

If we got Wentz, I would be happy too.

However, I bet Wentz would be just turning the corner too if he had to play for the WORST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in the history of the NFL. (I might be exaggerating about that but that offense was cruel to my eyes.)

That had to setback Goff some just in his confidence level alone. Give Goff some time to get over that cruel and unusual punishment.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you first db

I'm sure you were a Ram fan when we played the Pats in the super bowl. Tom's rookie year. We saw a guy march his team down field against a good rams defense...and kick a game winning fg. I saw this same rookie vs the Raiders....the tuck rule game...yes he did fumble...but even so, he gathered himself and led the team down the field....as a rookie. Stats lie....or sometimes, don't tell the truth. Tom could play.
Ok, I guess I needed blue font despite making an obvious joke.
"How about Tom Brady rookie season? He was awful! only 33% comp and a passer rating of 42.4"
He was 1 for 3 for 6 yards as a rookie

His 2nd year? He was decent but he sure as heck wasnt Tom Brady that we know today. In fact, his number is his 1st 15 werent all that different than Goff thru his first 14 other than the obvious advantage of playing behind Drew Bledsoe and coached by Belechick
Keep in mind he had the imploding "Playoffs???" Colts in his division, the hapless Bills. Only beat 2 teams that reg season with a winning record. Had his share of clunker games too had Bledsoe been healthy, he would have taken back the reigns
Good thing for the Pats they let him play thru his struggles eh?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Skip likes the Cowboys....and the Spurs...
I'm a Rams/Lakers/Dodgers guy....

All this to tear down our teams QB who's having a good year leading our team to 5-2. Oh well

I didn't realize that telling it like I see it is "tearing" down our QB....Our QB is good....

Philly's QB is better...

It seemed straight forward a couple days ago....I thought everyone that watched the game...that saw us play the same Redskins team...would see what most of the world saw....A 2nd year QB that has arrived...

Instead I got this guy that's a fan of Jack Youngblood....my favorite Ram....constantly commenting on how our guy is passing for 59%....and he's doing so well....our guy has 9 TD's....and has arrived too....our guy has accounted for 6 turnovers....but was the best QB in the 2016 draft. Is he paid by the Rams to come in here with this shit?

Everybody wants to be satisfied that we're 5-2....really?!? Then why do coaches self scout? Why are we talking about how can we get better?

Moves the goal posts....o_O

Ok....

we started with, who was looking good...it evolved/devolved into, who's better...right now.....use whatever criteria you want....no effin qualifiers....who's better? I don't care if you don't HAVE a coach. Who's better? If you say Goff...Fine...I'd love to see how many agree with you....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, why are all you guys replying to someone who is obviously trolling? After about 2 posts i couldn't read another word champ typed. Way over the top. Way too illogical. He keeps sucking you in with his kooky takes.

Tano

Legend
Skip likes the Cowboys....and the Spurs...
I'm a Rams/Lakers/Dodgers guy....

I didn't realize that telling it like I see it is "tearing" down our QB....Our QB is good....

Philly's QB is better...

It seemed straight forward a couple days ago....I thought everyone that watched the game...that saw us play the same Redskins team...would see what most of the world saw....A 2nd year QB that has arrived...

Instead I got this guy that's a fan of Jack Youngblood....my favorite Ram....constantly commenting on how our guy is passing for 59%....and he's doing so well....our guy has 9 TD's....and has arrived too....our guy has accounted for 6 turnovers....but was the best QB in the 2016 draft. Is he paid by the Rams to come in here with this crap?

Everybody wants to be satisfied that we're 5-2....really?!? Then why do coaches self scout? Why are we talking about how can we get better?

Moves the goal posts....o_O

Ok....

we started with, who was looking good...it evolved/devolved into, who's better...right now.....use whatever criteria you want....no effin qualifiers....who's better? I don't care if you don't HAVE a coach. Who's better? If you say Goff...Fine...I'd love to see how many agree with you....
I am not saying Goff is better right now. I am thinking Goff could be better in the future.

Right now, Goff misses way too many open receivers.

In the Jacksonville game alone, he must have missed Gurley open with no defender on the left side at least 3 times.

I kept yelling - throw to Gurley.

However, I do believe Goff is progressing at a good pace and I was only partially upset he missed seeing Gurley.

I am hoping with a few more games under his belt, he will start having more TD passes per game than even Wentz is getting. Let's see what he does after the Bye.

Tano

Legend
Who's better...right now?

What's your mirror say?
Who cares who is better "Right Now". Too few games to really make a good subjective choice.

I want who will be better in the future in the long run.

I think Goff will be that guy.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
After about 2 posts i couldn't read another word champ typed. Way over the top. Way too illogical. He keeps sucking you in with his kooky takes.
I like the word trolling....it describes someone that posts something to get an emotional response...right? Something like that??/

Well, you're trolling Kurt...first, you lied...if you've been reading what others have typed, you've been reading more than my two posts...

This all started because LIARS, just like you, keep commenting on a players skills, that obviously they want everyone to agree with...and I won't...because you can't tell me that guy we saw Monday night, was in any way playing like our guy....

So...if my takes are so kooky...and you keep reading others responses to these kooky takes...you, my friend, are a kook too...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who cares who is better "Right Now".
who cares????

well, check out who's been responding to my posts....must be them....must be you too...

Right now....he's better....

there is really no way to tell who'll be better in 2025.....anyone that says they can...after seeing them PLAY...for over 2 years...is lying.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the word trolling....it describes someone that posts something to get an emotional response...right? Something like that??/

Well, you're trolling Kurt...first, you lied...if you've been reading what others have typed, you've been reading more than my two posts...

This all started because LIARS, just like you, keep commenting on a players skills, that obviously they want everyone to agree with...and I won't...because you can't tell me that guy we saw Monday night, was in any way playing like our guy....

So...if my takes are so kooky...and you keep reading others responses to these kooky takes...you, my friend, are a kook too...

Sorry, I'm not reading that.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I’m not ever sure why some here feel the need to tell us how good Wentz is, most of us can see he’s a rising star

But, what’s the point here?

Does anyone here not believe that we too have our own rising star, ive said it from day one and will keep saying it...

We
Drafted
Thee
Right
Guy
For
This
Team

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who's better...right now?

What's your mirror say?
Wentz IS better RIGHT now
I dont think anyone denying that.
Where there seems to be a disconnect is:
a) recognizing the benefit Wentz had playing with that coaching staff vs what Goff was subjected to
b) opening an old Bulger/Warner type wound about "who the better QB will be"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, why are all you guys replying to someone who is obviously trolling? After about 2 posts i couldn't read another word champ typed. Way over the top. Way too illogical. He keeps sucking you in with his kooky takes.

Frankly, we should be thanking him. We're on page 10 of the thread right now, thus keeping us occupied. How many times can we talk about how happy we are to be 5-2....

So sincerely, thank you for throwing some andouille in the Gumbo @LACHAMP46 a little spice keeps this place fun!!
And no blue font needed, I am completely serious

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bust = Not living up to expectations.

2nd overall pick should be doing more than starting and playing poorly on his 2nd team, when he was clearly a huge reason his 1st team struggled to protect their QB position.

By your logic, 2nd round pick Brian Quick is not a bust because he is still hanging around the league, but i digress.

Anyway, just can't understand all this discussion over Goff/Wentz when it is so early in their careers.

Rick Mirer was ROY, but a few years later he was out of the league while Bledsoe, who was drafted in same class ended up taking the Pats to a SB and had a long career.

Again, it's early. The need of some posters to be declared the smartest person on the internet gets tiring after a while. Take care.
Bust used to be guys that were out of the league....not just under-performing for their draft position....otherwise, there'd be busts all over...
I guess Brian is a "bust" by your definition...he's not even playing, so he's close by my definition too.
Rick Mirer was ROY...ok....the little I remember of Rick was he was scrambling around and could play a lil bit...think he got hit a lil too much.
Bledsoe was ok too....pretty good deep ball. Tough guy....

None of these guys were considered great QB's....or MVP of the league at the halfway point...

There is a difference between good QB play and great...yes?

However, I bet Wentz would be just turning the corner too if he had to play for the WORST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in the history of the NFL. (I might be exaggerating about that but that offense was cruel to my eyes.)
If's and I bet really don't go here....but I'll play.

If Wentz had been drafted....I kinda think we would have won enough, and Fisher would still be here

His 2nd year? He was decent but he sure as heck wasnt Tom Brady that we know today. In fact, his number is his 1st 15 werent all that different than Goff thru his first 14 other than the obvious advantage of playing behind Drew Bledsoe and coached by Belechick
Keep in mind he had the imploding "Playoffs???" Colts in his division, the hapless Bills. Only beat 2 teams that reg season with a winning record. Had his share of clunker games too had Bledsoe been healthy, he would have taken back the reigns
Good thing for the Pats they let him play thru his struggles eh?
Tom Brady won the super bowl in his 2nd season..the first that he ever started a game...he completed 63% of his passes. The guy we see today is a much better player...but the one we saw in 2001 was the same competitive person. They stuck with him because he didn't make mistakes...turnovers...Drew was healthy enough to play in the playoffs...I think....and they stuck with Brady.