Goff vs Mannion perception

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That said, I rewatched the game (had it on the dvr since the spot I watched the McGregor/Diaz fight didn't have the Rams game on at all...dammit. Glad I remembered to record the game!) and the Goff TD to RB Brown was... a bailout by Brown.

As badnews explained, that play was a bailout by Brown because Brown didn't adjust his route properly. Here's pictures showing how:
Brown_1.png

Brown_2.png

Brown.png

Brown is running a HB wheel. We have a pick route being run by Thomas. Brown should have faded more towards the pylon to make use of the green grass to his right and distance himself from the defenders. He cut the route up a little too sharply. Goff's throw brought him back outside which is what allowed him to score. It was a great catch by Brown. But had Goff thrown the route the way Brown ran it, he likely is tackled before he gets to the end-zone. It's an example of a young HB still learning how to adjust routes on the fly. It's something that will be worked out with time.

But Goff made the right read and throw there. He threw the ball to the open space.