Goff upbeat...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just one more guy is all I ask for. Whether it be a top receiver thru the draft or free agency, Goff needs a present or future gifted talent to take him to the next level, preferably both. Godwin, Njoku or an older free agent like Anquan Boldin, someone has to come in and dominate for this offense to click. Woods is a step in the right direction, but he is only the first piece imo.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
"I think we're a lot closer to where we want to be than people may think," Goff told reporters. "We got the players. We got the talent. We got all the pieces we need. It's just about putting it together now."

Goff didn't say anything crazy like making a bold prediction. He is positive but,he knows there is work to be done putting it together. He could and should be excited about the players the Rams added. Whitworth, Woods, Dunbar and Sullivan.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I seriously doubt he's let all the outside media crap, knee jerk judgments of bust talk effect his confidence, work ethic and what he believes he will accomplish in his 2nd season.

Jared is an underdog now and surely he knows what many in the NFL media world thinks about him after his 7 game underwhelming rookie dress rehearsal.

I'm sure he knows some of the Rams fans have lost faith in him but he comes across to me as a maturing young 22 year old that has turned the page from last year and will be dialed in on a whole different level.

Looking forward to seeing him play in the 2017 preseason as the starter from day one.

600xschedule-large.jpg

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ared-goff-rams-a-lot-closer-than-people-think

Nice to see him take some leadership control, but the problem with this kind of statement is that he opens himself up to the slaughter if the team doesn't produce...If they have all the pieces and the talent, who shoulders the blame if the bubble bursts ??? Probably the new QB (deserved or not)... )...

I like his movie. It's what's going to turn this franchise around now that we have a vertical passing game coaching staff in place.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Him being upbeat only means he hasn't had whatever potential he has destroyed by playing for the Rams just yet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just one more guy is all I ask for. Whether it be a top receiver thru the draft or free agency, Goff needs a present or future gifted talent to take him to the next level, preferably both. Godwin, Njoku or an older free agent like Anquan Boldin, someone has to come in and dominate for this offense to click. Woods is a step in the right direction, but he is only the first piece imo.

Ben Roethlisberger has been imploring his coach to get him more weapons. He has better weapons than the Rams right now and needs more. Should be an eye opener. Especially when guys are injured or suspended like he dealt with last year. Aaron Rodgers struggled when his top receiver was out. One good weapon is not enough. Two good weapons are not enough. I totally agree they need more.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Ben Roethlisberger has been imploring his coach to get him more weapons. He has better weapons than the Rams right now and needs more. Should be an eye opener. Especially when guys are injured or suspended like he dealt with last year. Aaron Rodgers struggled when his top receiver was out. One good weapon is not enough. Two good weapons are not enough. I totally agree they need more.

Roethlisberger doesn't have many weapons. Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell. He leaned on Heath Miller for years and they need to find a replacement. Jesse James? Ladarius Green? He hasn't played 16 games since 2013. I think it's a testament to Antonio Brown that he avoids being taken out of the game by defenses. Bell is just sick. I think it proves if you have a good QB, a terrific WR and a dynamite RB, a very good TE, the other guys can be average. I think we have 1 (Gurley) for now. 2 when Goff learns some more this year. Maybe 3 when Higbee develops. Who's our WR? Austin? Woods? Cooper? Thomas? Could be one of them. But I hope we get a couple new ones in April.

In the meantime we need to lean on Wade.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to be the most optimistic kool-aid drinker of them all when Martz was running the team. The last 10 years have almost destroyed my love of football.
Which explains coming on a football teams message board and spreading that cheer...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to be the most optimistic kool-aid drinker of them all when Martz was running the team. The last 10 years have almost destroyed my love of football.
and I am not that much of a kool-aid drinker myself, but I refuse to brand a young guy that we drafted #1 overall a loser after 7 games. Give him the chance you said that Sam Bradford never got.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Let's all just thank everything that is sacred and holy that Goff is out of the clutches of qb killer Jeff Fisher. That diabolical season last year was worth it just for that fact.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ared-goff-rams-a-lot-closer-than-people-think

Nice to see him take some leadership control, but the problem with this kind of statement is that he opens himself up to the slaughter if the team doesn't produce...If they have all the pieces and the talent, who shoulders the blame if the bubble bursts ??? Probably the new QB (deserved or not)... )...

He's a starting QB in the NFL. If he doesn't produce, he's going to be slaughtered regardless of what he says. Glad he's setting an early tone. These guys need to believe they will win.

jap

Legend
Isn't Tyler Higbee Jared's roommate? Maybe Jared knows a little something about a burgeoning TE talent that we don't.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Stop drinking your Kool aid out of a shot glass and pick up a 32 Oz beer mug.
That should get you back on track.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Roethlisberger doesn't have many weapons. Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell. He leaned on Heath Miller for years and they need to find a replacement. Jesse James? Ladarius Green? He hasn't played 16 games since 2013. I think it's a testament to Antonio Brown that he avoids being taken out of the game by defenses. Bell is just sick. I think it proves if you have a good QB, a terrific WR and a dynamite RB, a very good TE, the other guys can be average. I think we have 1 (Gurley) for now. 2 when Goff learns some more this year. Maybe 3 when Higbee develops. Who's our WR? Austin? Woods? Cooper? Thomas? Could be one of them. But I hope we get a couple new ones in April.

In the meantime we need to lean on Wade.

Contagious Bryant was suspended last season. So a TE, two good WR, and a stud RB to go along with a stud QB.

How do the Rams stack up? No 're divers near ABs talent. Maybe no receivers as good as Bryant. A RB that is not a sure thing at this point, and a QB that is good based on college production.

NEED MORE WEAPONS.