Goff throws for more than Wentz and Prescott in 2017...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ok, lets meet in the high middle....4000 yards 22 TD's, 9 Ints?

Not this year. You think he can reflect Aaron Rogers-esque numbers in year 2? If he puts up 3500 that would be a yuge. But, as always, a lot will depend on other factors.

Soooo if he shows continual improvement, then all will be fine in my view.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not this year. You think he can reflect Aaron Rogers-esque numbers in year 2? If he puts up 3500 that would be a yuge. But, as always, a lot will depend on other factors.

Soooo if he shows continual improvement, then all will be fine in my view.
No, just Cousins numbers...(It was 4700 yards last year, wasn''t it?:rockon:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I won't make any bold predictions of how many, but I expect to see more of these 2017

Robert Woods
200.gif

Kupp
giphy.gif

Reynolds
giphy.gif

Gerald Everett
1*JjwKgp5tlAh5UQWBz6sTkw.gif

Tavon
GoffTD1.gif

s-l225.jpg

Higbee
Tyler+Higbee+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Los+Angeles+FTBq5oSv0M8l.jpg

SPRUCE
usa-today-9460080.0.jpg

Pharoh
1472068481056.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm easy...if he out throws Cody Kessler I'd be happy....Shoot....dude at Houston...that rookie...beat his numbers. I'll pound the table.
....beat Aaron Rodgers, I'll even shake the table...
~LACHAMP46

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really expect week 4 against Dallas to be a "Shoot-Out" because of the way Dallas plays, Big on run and Play Action! As for Philly in week 14 The Rams should be firing on all cylinders and Bombs away for Goff and Company!
Goff will over 4000 yards Passing and I expect he can surprise us with some decent runs this year too! Gurley is a Lock for 2000 combined yards from scrimmage this year! JMHO!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I won't make any bold predictions of how many, but I expect to see more of these 2017

Robert Woods
200.gif

Kupp
giphy.gif

Reynolds
giphy.gif

Gerald Everett
1*JjwKgp5tlAh5UQWBz6sTkw.gif

Tavon
GoffTD1.gif

s-l225.jpg

Higbee
Tyler+Higbee+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Los+Angeles+FTBq5oSv0M8l.jpg

SPRUCE
usa-today-9460080.0.jpg

Pharoh
1472068481056.jpg
Swell!.jpg
Go ahead " Make-My-Day"!

Dryer as Hunter.jpg
" It works for me" !

I don't expect too much from our Offense, as long as they Beat our own Teams "All-Time" Season Scoring Records, I'm sure those of us that remember "1951" and "1999" won't be too disappointed!;):D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What will haters say?
Will they give Goff respect? lol.
Maybe a little but not much. Knowing what i know about the egos attached to many of the "experts" out there...i suspect they'll give McVay most of the credit if Goff has a turnaround season. They've already proclaimed Goff is terrible after a 7 game career, so they'll prop up McVay to save face.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe a little but not much. Knowing what i know about the egos attached to many of the "experts" out there...i suspect they'll give McVay most of the credit if Goff has a turnaround season. They've already proclaimed Goff is terrible after a 7 game career, so they'll prop up McVay to save face.
That was the point of the thread, and you hit it. They will credit McVay...probably call Goff a "systems QB."

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

You nailed this comment water tight against the wall @Mojo Ram.. I never thought about it as you've mentioned.

Those in the NFL media circles, bloggers, radio hosts, fantasy football experts and draft gurus that have written or babbled about #16 being another first round QB bust, will cleverly back their way around their comments by giving McVay the credit for hiding his flaws and putting him in the best position to succeed.

It won't mater to me what their spin is, as long as JG wins a Lombardi trophy for our Rams. Should he crap his pants again in 2017, they will pound their fists on the table saying I told you I didn't need to see another season of him failing. Bla Bla Bla. The ultimate "SafeGuard" escape clause.

SafeGuard-World-Corporate-Logo-with-Tagline-500px.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
And its why they're talking heads and not coaches or scouts. they're wrong more than they're right in their asssesments.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just want to see a greater than 60% completion rate, and a 2:1 or better TD to INT ratio with a totals TD count of 20 or more.

The completion rate should be good, given the nature of McVay's offense. The TD to INT ratio is more about a lot of other factors to include guys around him, field position and down/distance stuff but in general he needs to limit the turnovers if we're going to win games. I don't think he'll have a ton of TDs, either, but looking at Cousins in his offense (and tbh probably any well-run WCO in general) you have high completion percentage and low turnover numbers.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Lmao. Maybe? I mean when you're always playing from behind, you're definitely going to throw more.