Goff receives the call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
i cant wait..... what an exciting year it's going to be.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Is it just me, or does Fisher not let the dude get a word in? It came off a little rude to me he kept talking over him.... but it still has to be the best phone call of his life

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it just me, or does Fisher not let the dude get a word in? It came off a little rude to me he kept talking over him.... but it still has to be the best phone call of his life
Every video of him talking with the kid he's done the same thing hehe

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Awesome to hear the audio. I was hoping to hear that after seeing the call on tv.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We need to buy Goff this hoodie so he knows the pecking order!
upload_2016-4-28_23-11-49.png

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fisher was an absolute dick to Goff. Goff trying to speak, yeah, yeah, making history..listen this is what we're gonna do. Really? If I'm Goff and he treats me like that, I hangup. Like come on man. A little respect fisher.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You could certainly read it as Fish being rude but benefit of the doubt says it is just the process and Fish was as excited to make the call as Goff was to get it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh come on, it wasn't that bad. this call wasn't meant to be a long convo.
I agree, they didn't have long to talk to him he's gotta get up to the stage. Really over blown even though he was quick with him.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I imagine most of those calls are like that. Get off the phone as quick as possible to let the dude enjoy his moment.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Goff was probably so happy he didn't even think of it like that lol, he was probably thinking "fuck yea, 1st overall pick and they traded up for me" can't wait to see him kill it. WELCOME TO THE LOS ANGELES RAMS!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Given how the NFL wants to milk the broadcast for ratings - and the Rams have been playing along every way they can since relocation was approved - I figure the call had to be short. Wouldn't shock me if the NFL "asked" teams to keep the calls below a certain amount of time, so the focus can be on the big stage. Just a blurb about the call to build excitement.

fearsomefour

Legend
They called him with 2:40 seconds left on the clock....besides, he is the coach, he is the alpha dog. Shut up and listen kid.

TexasRam

Legend
I didn't take it as rude. It was like one of those calls you have with someone where you just are out of sych.

With all the media stuff and technical crap and processes im sure Fisher was feeling rushed and just trying to get things done.

I mean literally Fisher is on the clock. No time for listening to a college kid fumble over pleasantries.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
or you could look at it at Goff being douche interrupting and speaking over his HC

but you know what ? I don't think it was either ...its "the call" they probably grabbed after he met the commish and stuff and made him to feel like the man

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
nah - he wasn't talking over him, they have seconds to do that call, like he said they were turning in the card and they'd get back in touch after he's been to the podium - nobody was disrespecting anyone.

Fisher was on the clock, you can see him fidgeting and (probably) looking at the countdown clock - just needed to get his words out etc.