Goff played "Horrible" even when the Line was good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Soooo.....your telling me There's a chance Goff makes it in the NFL?

giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yea, that's not really concerning to me, but reasonable minds can disagree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will you agree, he was pressured more by DC's because he was ineffective? It's interesting that Keenum was pressured far less than Goff.

I think that plays a role, but I don't think it's that simple either. Keenum wasn't effective either. There are a lot of factors that play into it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is no secret what everybody says about all the companies. I don't live in BFE man! Lol
Yeah I mean why watch and decide for yourself when all you have to do is listen to what everybody says. Haha
I'm just having fun here and not trying to debate

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Yeah I mean why watch and decide for yourself when all you have to do is listen to what everybody says. Haha
I'm just having fun here and not trying to debate
True that brother! Lol I rather poke fun and be light hearted than defend people that don't give a rats ass about one way or the other! Now talking about that Goff kid.... think this year will shut all those 'busy' people the hell up finally!

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I remember watching a post-practice interview with Boras where he was asked about Goff's progress. He said something like, "He is asking better questions about the offense where sometimes I'm like, 'Uh, I have to think about that.' " He basically admitted that he would be stumped at times by questions Goff would ask. I remember thinking this guy has no business being an NFL OC if he has trouble answering some questions from a struggling rookie.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Last year, goffs mind set was totally different. He came in when the season was basically over, trying to wrap his head around an unnecessarily, over - complicated, yet unimaginative and predictable scheme that had already lacked confidence from the other 10 starters.

brady steps up to the center fully expecting everyone to do their jobs perfectly, including the OC, so when someone screws up occasionally, it doesn't phase him, or the other players. Goff, on the other hand, had to be hoping that any number of common ram errors wouldn't happen.

I like what we're hearing from Jared, his teammates, and the coaches about his confidence and significant improvement of command of the offense. All of this shows his dedication, improvement, and that the rams made all the right coaching moves this off season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True that brother! Lol I rather poke fun and be light hearted than defend people that don't give a rats ass about one way or the other! Now talking about that Goff kid.... think this year will shut all those 'busy' people the hell up finally!
Agreed on both counts!

bdfitz

UDFA
Completely different? Really? Except for yards the results were marginally different. 9 TDs vs 5 in fact Keenum had more INTs with 11.

Case Keenum 322 196 2201 60.9 6.8 9 2.8 11 3.4 65 23 140 76.4
Jared Goff 205 112 1089 54.6 5.3 5 2.4 7 3.4 66 26 222 63.6